Castlevania

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
4.25 star(s) Rating: 4.25/5 8 Votes
Title: Castlevania

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-07-07

Cast: Graham McTavish, Richard Armitage, Emily Swallow, Alejandra Reynoso, James Callis, Fred Tatasciore

Overview: A dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself. Inspired by the classic video game series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
No idea this was even being made. Strange because I was thinking it's been a long time since I've watched Vampire Hunter D.

NETFLIX July 7th

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 141877[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Castlevania[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-12-31[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Inspired by the classic video game series, Castlevania is a dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
i remember playing this game for hours on nes i cant wait i hope this is good i have faith in netflix

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those Castlevania: Lords of Shadow games were pretty baller, in a modernized platformer/God of War kind of way. That would make a pretty good animated series all on its own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Those Castlevania: Lords of Shadow games were pretty baller, in a modernized platformer/God of War kind of way. That would make a pretty good animated series all on its own.

Did you play 2?

Lords of Shadow 1 was awesome for the first 3/4 of the game, then imo changed its tone, pace and story - and 2 imo was just a shark jump... if they could have kept the tone and feel from the first good 75% of the first game, it would all have been epic and would have spun off more titles.

Oh and the non DLC end of LOS1 final fight and lead up was awesome.... but that is because I think that was all done and planned before that last "land" as that's were it started to become bleh for me.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I enjoyed 2, but the first was definitely better. Still, both games were pretty fun to play through and I liked the tonal shift towards the end of the first game hah. The entire fall from grace aspect was pretty cool, imo. But different strokes for different folks, and all that.

The only other Castlevania game I would think has a reasonably decent story would be Symphony of the Night, but I haven't played some of the GBA/DS games to compare, really.

Siliconemelons

I didn't mind what they did, nor the fall from grace aspect and everyone basically knew he was going to end up Dracula - the explanation DLC was horrific- the lulz gameplay emchanic plot wall reason for him to become a vampire was incredibly forced.

I suppose it is hard to say what about the change I did not like...maybe it was the presentation... the book / journal recollection and awesome voice acting of Picard/Death was perfect... I get WHY that stopped because you "arrived at now, sir...what you see now, is happening now." soo...umm.. I think that was a misstep - they could have kept that going better and not had - now, now - happen until the actual end of the game, and imo that would have set up 2 better.

His fall from grace started from step 1, his journey was full of hard choices and struggle from the get go and was perfect narrative of this outside and inside perspective watching him - but that all kinda changed at the start of the "death" land and beyond.

I also feel the DLC would have been better - before the last string of the "main" plot and conclusion... but killing Satan felt so epic.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Dracula in the modern day could have been amazing. When you find out about Gabriel and then he drops to the streets....I was amped.

Then two just underwhelmed. Being a huge fan I enjoyed it still, but I can admit it was average at best.

I thought one was a classic. Great game play, graphics, voice acting. Good story and I loved the re-envisioning of the series.

The handheld wasn't bad. Sadly it bridges too much GAO between 1 and 2 that console and OC players missed out on

Siliconemelons

Haven't finished but I loved mirror of fate what I did play, the classic gameplay was nice and was enjoyable. I haven't finished so I do not know the plot..only the beginning - I am a little past succubus time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've tried to play many CV games and I haven't gotten into any of them except for the first Lords of Shadow. That game kicks ass.

Siliconemelons

I did not, and still do not care for 3 as much as 2... even plot... but it's one that more fans and normal gamers like and attach to - so I get it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database