Castlevania

Siliconemelons

It really does not fit the lore

season 1 and most of 2 played the balance the best while still giving in to japans anime trope of evil Catholics

but generally in the times CV lore intersects w the church they are allies w usually reluctantly working with belmonts that are usually outsiders because of their brash and brazen ways

Leon was mentioned and pictured in season Trevor so we can assume that LoI is cannon so Dracula is anti god and Belmonts are then on the side of the church and eventually due to as stated above their methods clash they get excommunicated and the situation we find trevor in during s1

this fits with Brahms and vanhelsing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think Simon Belmont would work better as a movie. Maybe two movies, one for CV1 and one for CV2.

Count me in as someone who kinda didn't want to just skip over him, but without a supporting cast or a ton to do, I think you could only get a couple movies out of it. Both could be kind of horror themed with him making his way through the castle in the first one and exploring the land a bit more in the second.

Was just popping on here to see how Nocturne is, and I'm already disappointed. I love Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night so those games getting seasons of the show was super-exciting for me.

Wasn't into how OP Sypha was in the earlier seasons to the point that she rendered the male characters largely unnecessary in some scenes. They just got in the way compared to her. She's like Legolas, there's no tension if she's that OP. Sounds like they did the same thing with a new character in this season?

Also if this is just a Richter origin story then it sounds like it didn't really get into Rondo or Symphony? Does it at least retell some of Rondo? What do people think will be the season layout for this, maybe two seasons for each game?

I love Maria in SOTN and she helped me get through puberty back in the day. Skipping Child Maria was probably a good call, since as others have pointed out, that's a Japanese trope more than anything else. The "small child has crush on male lead" trope is almost as bad as the "this small child is kind of sexualized but it's okay because she's actually 200 years old and trapped in a kid body" trope.

So I'm actually happy that they jumped right to the better version of Maria. Hopefully she got some screen time at least. I'm sure she'll be around a lot in further seasons and super-duper OP. Does she at least look like Maria from SOTN or did they totally change it / take away the things that made her feminine and attractive?

Was gonna sub to Netflix for a month just for this, but it sounds like I'm better off waiting until a couple of seasons are out. I waited until all four seasons were out for the first CV show before I watched it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Simon Belmont would work better as a movie. Maybe two movies, one for CV1 and one for CV2.

Count me in as someone who kinda didn't want to just skip over him, but without a supporting cast or a ton to do, I think you could only get a couple movies out of it. Both could be kind of horror themed with him making his way through the castle in the first one and exploring the land a bit more in the second.

Was just popping on here to see how Nocturne is, and I'm already disappointed. I love Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night so those games getting seasons of the show was super-exciting for me.

Wasn't into how OP Sypha was in the earlier seasons to the point that she rendered the male characters largely unnecessary in some scenes. They just got in the way compared to her. She's like Legolas, there's no tension if she's that OP. Sounds like they did the same thing with a new character in this season?

Also if this is just a Richter origin story then it sounds like it didn't really get into Rondo or Symphony? Does it at least retell some of Rondo? What do people think will be the season layout for this, maybe two seasons for each game?

I love Maria in SOTN and she helped me get through puberty back in the day. Skipping Child Maria was probably a good call, since as others have pointed out, that's a Japanese trope more than anything else. The "small child has crush on male lead" trope is almost as bad as the "this small child is kind of sexualized but it's okay because she's actually 200 years old and trapped in a kid body" trope.

So I'm actually happy that they jumped right to the better version of Maria. Hopefully she got some screen time at least. I'm sure she'll be around a lot in further seasons and super-duper OP. Does she at least look like Maria from SOTN or did they totally change it / take away the things that made her feminine and attractive?

Was gonna sub to Netflix for a month just for this, but it sounds like I'm better off waiting until a couple of seasons are out. I waited until all four seasons were out for the first CV show before I watched it.
Its as simple as, if you like Castlevania, then you'll enjoy it on some level. But its unknown to me whether I passively enjoyed it for that reason, or passively hate watched it. I said it above, so Im sure you can pick up the jist of everything there - but its just so ... eye rolling, that at times I just wanted to turn it off. Aztecs would rather kill you than be a faggot, and an escaped slave somehow takes a boat ride to Britain. Not going to say its impossible that these things wouldnt happen - but its highly unrealistic and you can tell its just there for "inclusion" and "diversity" which is probably why its so jarring to begin with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This show is amazing. Its got strong females, its got limp wristed white male who gets nowhere near screen time that a main character should, its got indians, its got faggots, its got slavery, its got decolonization, its got murder of whites, its got non colonial ways of knowing, its got a white male who was a bad ass before but is now an old miserable bitch, its got miscegenation and after all that

a white male still saves the fucking day

This shit was homo as fuck except for the last 5 minutes. Not sure if worth.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20231022_011040.jpg

I don't know how she is in this show, but for my money, gang, Maria in SOTN is one of the hottest game-babes in gaming history.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
This show is amazing. Its got strong females, its got limp wristed white male who gets nowhere near screen time that a main character should, its got indians, its got faggots, its got slavery, its got decolonization, its got murder of whites, its got non colonial ways of knowing, its got a white male who was a bad ass before but is now an old miserable bitch, its got miscegenation and after all that

a white male still saves the fucking day

This shit was homo as fuck except for the last 5 minutes. Not sure if worth.
White privilege wins

Caliane

Maria is 12 in Rondo of blood. 17 in Symphony of the night, and 18 in Nocturne.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hand drawn 15 year olds sure are sexy eh Rajaah?

Put it right in the pixel, baby.

I watched the first two episodes and that’s more than enough. Fantastic season of anime happening so I don’t need this garbage.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Maria is 12 in Rondo of blood. 17 in Symphony of the night, and 18 in Nocturne.

Yeah I don't know why people are Chris Hansening because she's a grown woman in SOTN.

1698112715840.png

Put it right in the pixel, baby.

I watched the first two episodes and that’s more than enough. Fantastic season of anime happening so I don’t need this garbage.

What did you in?

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't know why people are Chris Hansening because she's a grown woman in SOTN.

View attachment 496861

What did you in?

Mainly the story was shit while pushing the diversity quota to 120%. The main two characters are hipster revolutionaries who happen to meet the Haitian revolutionaries who had wiped out the evil white slavers! Wow, where the fuck was the need for this story?! These black revolutionaries are just walking through 1700s France in their wealthy colonial outfits with no problems in the world, outside of the vamp who got away! Hopefully Richter Maria will stop the all-powerful female vampire messiah before the evil church/vampires take over all of France! Oh no!

These writers are making the case for AI. Almost impossible for the story to be worse if a machine wrote it. Which writes a worse story? Something with no ability for creative thought....or AI?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mainly the story was shit while pushing the diversity quota to 120%. The main two characters are hipster revolutionaries who happen to meet the Haitian revolutionaries who had wiped out the evil white slavers! Wow, where the fuck was the need for this story?! These black revolutionaries are just walking through 1700s France in their wealthy colonial outfits with no problems in the world, outside of the vamp who got away! Hopefully Richter Maria will stop the all-powerful female vampire messiah before the evil church/vampires take over all of France! Oh no!

These writers are making the case for AI. Almost impossible for the story to be worse if a machine wrote it. Which writes a worse story? Something with no ability for creative thought....or AI?

I'm not surprised considering the previous Castlevania series (by the same people) had Sypha doing 90% of the heavy lifting in battles, male characters pretty much always losing 1v1 against female characters, and the lesbian vampire putting on a suit of armor and going full Berserk killing like 40 dudes. Females in that show are so overpowered that any leaders in-universe would be completely foolish to even staff their militaries with men. Reminds me of Marvel P4.

• 1Like

Cybsled

No one won 1v1 battles vs the major foes in the show. Even Dracula required all 3 to fight and was only defeated when he momentarily slipped out of his insanity to realize what he was doing to his son

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If the woke level of first show was at a 5, the woke level of this new one is over 9000. No exaggeration.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Trevor took out Death solo, but with the prep of the entire season kinda, - Sypha always was most useful for large groups, and Alucard in how his powers are displayed is always OP.

The first "Seasons" ramped up the wokeness as it ran, as the sisters took over... having Curse of Darkness jammed into trying to make a sensible plot- while some how un-focusing from its protagonist because, oopse this show is about Trevor and crew just lead to nonsense. The fact they just up and sidelined Issac, as dumb as his character in CoD was, is still showing just how bad they butchered it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Trevor took out Death solo, but with the prep of the entire season kinda, - Sypha always was most useful for large groups, and Alucard in how his powers are displayed is always OP.

The first "Seasons" ramped up the wokeness as it ran, as the sisters took over... having Curse of Darkness jammed into trying to make a sensible plot- while some how un-focusing from its protagonist because, oopse this show is about Trevor and crew just lead to nonsense. The fact they just up and sidelined Issac, as dumb as his character in CoD was, is still showing just how bad they butchered it.

Yeah, Trevor beating Death was the high point of the show, and good to see the main character actually get a win on his own.

I'm mainly bummed that they just left Grant Dynasty out entirely.

Siliconemelons

Yeah, Trevor beating Death was the high point of the show, and good to see the main character actually get a win on his own.

I'm mainly bummed that they just left Grant Dynasty out entirely.

I swear they were setting up for him to join at the end of season 1. I think, the one where there is a monk who makes them holy water. But it just ended up a random villager guy.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Castlevania Requiem_ Symphony Of The Night _ Rondo Of Blood_20231024124116.jpg

I would be willing to bet someone $1000 that this pivotal scene from Symphony of the Night doesn't make it into the Netflix adaptation. If anything they'll probably have Maria defeat Alucard and then be the one to go save Richter.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 497647
I would be willing to bet someone $1000 that this pivotal scene from Symphony of the Night doesn't make it into the Netflix adaptation. If anything they'll probably have Maria defeat Alucard and then be the one to go save Richter.
Your innocence is so endearing at times. We all know who is really going to slay the white man in power.
castlevania-nocturne-official-character-poster-annette-v0-cpuuqnbu49ob1.jpg

• 1Like