Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Barracks can stick around (they give you this), Trading Post, and War Mill are good. I usually get the Inn later on, personally.

Trading Post is an easy way to get resources.
War Mill can upgrade quest rewards you get.
Barracks provides you with extra missions and followers.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm gonna ask tomorrow when we start the raid what people want to do: gear or straight to iron maidens? Just thought i'd let you know I'd be taking a vote when we start in the morning so it can simmer in your brains overnight.
I am happy to fight whatever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You know what my favorite thing ever is?

Noodleface performs ready check - EVERYONE IS READY

Pulling in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4

MISSING BUFFS HERE GUYS PLEASE

Doesn't happen too often for us, but when it does I ignore it

I looked up some areas in BRF where me and Poid were fucking up and it's almost to a hilarious degree. I blame myself, since I was the dude with notes and shit.. we were beating the bosses so I never thought about it but Poid raised some concerns. In an effort for all of us to improve, here's how me and Poid can improve.

1. Hanz and Franz - Poid calls out external cooldowns only for the tank on the ground but in all actuality we both get hit for a large amount of damage. Need to use shield/CD's on gripped tank (priority, unable to do actions) and the tank on ground (can probably use their own DR CD's). This would explain the times where Poid or myself just gets insta-gibbed. We never thought to analyze it. We'll make sure to do this right.

2. Oregorger - I incorrectly told Poid that the OT needed to blow a personal CD on each Acid Torrent to save the ranged group from taking too much damage. It's actually the MT that takes the acid torrent to the face.. oops. This means ranged have been taking full damage the entire time... oops...

Those are on me.
Yeah I had some suspicions about Oregorger two weeks back but wasn't able to confirm them until this past week's raid. Our strat will work just fine if the offtank is the one closest to Oregorger.

For Hanz and Franz I thought you knew that both tanks get hit for a ton from the suplex! The reason I called out for external cooldowns on the tank that was picked up was because, prior to 6.1, that tank wasn't able to blow any personal cooldowns while picked up, so any DR had to come from externals, while the other tank could use their own DR abilities to mitigate the damage. Now both tanks are able to use defensive cooldowns while picked up so we aren't reliant on externals anymore.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I had some suspicions about Oregorger two weeks back but wasn't able to confirm them until this past week's raid. Our strat will work just fine if the offtank is the one closest to Oregorger.

For Hanz and Franz I thought you knew that both tanks get hit for a ton from the suplex! The reason I called out for external cooldowns on the tank that was picked up was because, prior to 6.1, that tank wasn't able to blow any personal cooldowns while picked up, so any DR had to come from externals, while the other tank could use their own DR abilities to mitigate the damage. Now both tanks are able to use defensive cooldowns while picked up so we aren't reliant on externals anymore.
Didn't know about that change, sweet!

I never cared about calling for externals since you always called it. If I was on the ground I Just used whatever I had available. I wonder if everyone else knew this I guess is how I should have worded it.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I managed to get a steady 37-44k in slagworks lfr, so, hopefully, maybe with a little luck, I can finally do 20k dps tomorrow. Assuming I don't eat trains and meteors.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
My death on Tect was pretty terrible. I'm going to go ahead and blame lag.

Also to add insult to injury after my amazing death the permanent rock landed on top of me and I couldn't even watch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Really pleased with the maiden kill today, everyone learned from past mistakes and we were able to adjust. Killing marek first just works better for our group so we'll keep doing that.

I urge as many of you that can to watch some blast furnace and blackhand guide videos to get a glimpse of the fight. I'll be a happy man when blackhand is dead !

Also pleased with DPs in whole, much higher this week and sorrows didn't have to carry us on his dk. We are almost at the level where we can skip the last boat, as evidenced by that one wipe

Elsebet

Peasant
Apologies to all on my heroic Gruul derp. For those not there, I accidentally clicked my gear/spec swap macro instead of Blessing of Might before the fight, so I was healing with my Ret gear and wondering why my healing was so low. Reminded me of the time our MT in vanilla tried to tank Ragnaros with a mining pick.

I have permanently fixed this.
smile.png

Still not ecstatic with my healing overall, on Maidens I did ok but other fights need to improve.