Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My suggestion is completely unofficial but ranged DPS is always needed and welcomed in the saturday crew. Of course play what you enjoy and I'm sure noodle can clear out some kids toys and brush away some crumbs from the minivan to make space ??

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Jumping on this caravan a little late but probably worth the $50 and boosting a class to 90. Any specific classes horribly underperforming atm? I've done Priest, Paladin, DK... looking for dps. Usually partial to healing in PVP as well ... was thinkin Shaman for Ele/Resto or Druid. Feel free to throw out some opinions.
No classes are really under-performing at a level that is detrimental to what we do. We don't do Mythic raiding and probably never will again after the implosion, which is where you'll most likely see class stacking and certain classes being left out completely.

I don't know if you're planning to join the minivan on Saturday mornings, but if so we've been having a pretty severe lack of ranged recently. I say this with some trepidation only because last time I said we didn't have healers, the next raid we had like 7 healers. We have a lot of hunter gear rotting as well as a lot of caster gear rotting. A mage, warlock, hunter, balance druid, hell even a shadow priest would be great additions. We tend to run a bit melee (WARRIORS) heavy.

That said, I wouldn't turn anyone down for a raid spot right now regardless of the class. The only real exception right now are tanks. Poid and myself usually do all the tanking and Antidotes was able to fill in quite beautifully one week as well. I've meant to funnel tank gear to other people, but haven't gotten around to it. If someone played a main spec with an offspec tanking set that could be nice with my baby on the way.

If you're looking to heal, right now every saturday we usually have 2x resto druids, 1x pally, and 1x priest (or 2x, sometimes) show up. I'd actually really like a Monk healer, but Draegan switched to Warlock. A ele/resto shaman could be nice too, I just think a bunch of the fights are movement heavy and might be difficult for an ele shaman. Druids are pretty king at healing too.

Sorry that was a very disjointed post and probably didn't help. Play what you enjoy, we'll find a spot!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
As a general rule, it seems mage and warlock are the hardest dps classes to play well. Mage in particular can be at the top of any fight - and so rarely are. Just throwing that out there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good way to be sure is just watch your timers. In normal, the moment the 2nd tank spawns is when the first one will shoot a firebomb on the floor if it is still alive. More than likely, the Fatboss guide is dated or talking about heroic mode, in which you do need to soak a set of marks. I tend to not fully trust their videos as a lot of times they are inaccurate in one way or another.

*edit* Anyway, did some confirmation. Normal mode tanks wont drop firebomb until the next tank spawns. Kiting them over a mine will put a debuff on them to make them take double damage and remove the armor plating. At that point, marks will kill the tank on their own with no need for anyone to soak a mark before the next tank.
Thanks we'll try that this week if we go for Blackhand again. It was a learning experience for everyone.

I'm just glad people were coming together and suggesting alternative strategies for stuff and quite a few had watched videos or read strategies prior to coming.

I don't mind wiping 50 times to the end-boss of a tier so that we learn it together and all have fun.

I poked fun at Zalere to ease the tension a bit then felt bad later. I was laughing pretty hard at people saying shit like one monitor for health bars and another monitor as far away as possible with a periscope attached to his eye looking just at bombs

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Noodle I should be good to go next Saturday with my lock. This weekend was full of sleep and family visits.

My lock will probably be in or close to the 660s.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Keep tunneling while the siege engine is rolling over top of you and blowing up the bombs you are standing two pixels away from please. I enjoy that, it makes me feel good while I try to steer the fucking Titanic safely through the middle of the room so people can get their marks out in time but half the raid winds up slagged because they are both blind and rooted to the fucking floor.

Oh, and ranged, just stand right on top of the siege as it comes out the door. I like having to stand in the middle of the goddamn thing to make it fixate on me. That way I can eat both the siege punt and whatever bomb I land on 80 feet away. (actually I just let them become the new kiter. Me living is more valuable.)

austinpowerssteamroller.gif

adlfkajsdlkfjalkejfiajdkfjakejf

-hunter on bitch duty

I really need to take control next time and get vocal about these things. It's really the only thing making our p2 ugly still.

At least cooldowns line up in such a way that I get to be a monster in P3 with my burst and survival options.

PS: Talking about my experiences in heroic, not you guys.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
play ranged over melee for dps always imo, unless you just love melee ranged is usually gonna be more useful, shit i only made a DK because i got to skip 55 lvls if i had a choice of doing that on any class for my alt / dpser it most certainly would have been ranged but since its a alt and i dont care what i get into i went with the easy DK.

Healer go druid, or anything but a disc priest i went into it with a pvp mindset and took priest because i remembered them being godly at 2's/3's(but so were druids) when i played but that was so long ago, druid/pally is probably better than holy but idk, thing is with disc its 1 per raid so if i knew that going in i probably would have gear'd holy, im only okay because of this group, its almost impossible to get into a pug if you arent the first priest as disc though thats been my experience with only 1 gear set so far.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Keep tunneling while the siege engine is rolling over top of you and blowing up the bombs you are standing two pixels away from please. I enjoy that, it makes me feel good while I try to steer the fucking Titanic safely through the middle of the room so people can get their marks out in time but half the raid winds up slagged because they are both blind and rooted to the fucking floor.

Oh, and ranged, just stand right on top of the siege as it comes out the door. I like having to stand in the middle of the goddamn thing to make it fixate on me. That way I can eat both the siege punt and whatever bomb I land on 80 feet away. (actually I just let them become the new kiter. Me living is more valuable.)

austinpowerssteamroller.gif

adlfkajsdlkfjalkejfiajdkfjakejf

-hunter on bitch duty

I really need to take control next time and get vocal about these things. It's really the only thing making our p2 ugly still.

At least cooldowns line up in such a way that I get to be a monster in P3 with my burst and survival options.

PS: Talking about my experiences in heroic, not you guys.
You can probably ask Keige all about this.. he was our hunter kiter haha

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
-hunter on bitch duty
I've enjoyed playing my hunter on Blackhand and having to deal with the tanks.

What I've learned is people do not watch for mines. Ever. People see something blinking and run at it like a moth drawn to the flame.

*BRRZZZTTT*

Thanks for the slag debuff asshole!

Edit: I couldn't raid full time as ranged. Melee is just way more fun to play at a progression level for me personally.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Constant bitch duty hurts my warcraftlogs resume.
Resume is right.

I started using warcraft logs at the start of heroic foundry. Having a nice week to week list of rankings is a great tool when looking for a raid group. I'm going to give mythics a shot this week and hopefully don't die horribly and post shitty logs. Fuck you first week death on hanz/franz heroic messing up my average!

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Elsebet

Peasant
For Blackhand phase 2, imagine an egg. The ranged/healers are in the center (yolk), Blackhand is moved around the shell, pooping bombs as he goes. The seige thingy is kited to follow behind the tanks, eating up all the poop bombs and getting destroyed by the marks. If this is done neatly the people who enjoyed stepping on the bombs on Saturday (Else Else Else Else) should never have to hit one.
smile.png

Here is a diagram I found:
rrr_img_93494.jpg

from this guide:http://www.incendia-eu.com/forum/m/2...tegy/post/last

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We'll work on a better movement pattern next time. The problem with this is his bomb drops often line up with his shattering smash and sometimes we need to quickly turn him, causing him to diarrhea out some bombs wherever he can.

If me and Poid can stop fucking it all up, we'll get him.

That said, people need to be ultra-aware of the bombs. I wont' even just blame ranged or healers, because in P1 I saw many many melee hitting bombs. Completely avoidable if you walk around the side of the boss, yet they kept blowing up. Little packs of diarrhea.

Elsebet

Peasant
If me and Poid can stop fucking it all up, we'll get him.
Definitely not just you two, I personally ran in front of the seige, stepped on bombs, didn't LOS my mark fast enough, among countless other issues.
smile.png
It's pretty normal to have issues on a fight the first time a group tackles them. We were wiping at 20% on Maidens until we made a tweak, the same will happen in Blackhand phase 2.
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's everyone. I'm pretty sure I can 100% guarantee that everyone was fucking up in some aspect. I know for sure I was getting some bad situational awareness down there going on.

We got a few more ranged coming this week as well. Naun switched to his Boomkin who he has said will be 660, Draegan will be 660, a x-realm hunter (or is he in the guild?) asked to join us and already knows all the fights. I think this week will be much better, the difference will be we'll either need to a) clear all of BRF on Saturday or b) extend our lockout. Don't matter to me.

Disarmonia

Molten Core Raider
What's the plan for Friday's moving forward? I feel really bad coming late Friday nights but Saturday's just don't work since I own a retail store.

I love raiding with this bunch to move to a different guild. Once the store starts hitting numbers it needs to, I can get Saturdays off and continue with the minivan raid.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
This Friday there is nothing scheduled because we will be tank-less. After that, I would expect it to be normal brf, or at least some of it. Eventually we will lose noodle on Fridays, and then I cannot say what will happen.

Noahx

N00b
For those that threw in some commentary about classes, thanks a bunch. The lean is actually Hunter atm (never played one... always interested in it). Followed by Druid then Shaman. Ordering from Amazon tonight for the 20% discount.