CFB 2013-2014

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Spring football has begun for many programs - may we begin the new thread?

Threepeat anyone?

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Alabama has a new freshman RB, Derrick Henry, that many fans believe will see playing time this year - I'm thinking third down scatback in long yardage:

He's wearing #3, the guy behind him is 6'0 245

rrr_img_20044.jpg

And a pic from first scrimmage

rrr_img_20045.jpg

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as A&M can keep this guy around after this year I think they will be ok.

155363831.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can we just start giving saban the national title every year... let them sit out.. and the rest of us play for second place? Its getting boring at this point.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Alabama has a new freshman RB, Derrick Henry, that many fans believe will see playing time this year - I'm thinking third down scatback in long yardage:

He's wearing #3, the guy behind him is 6'0 245

rrr_img_20044.jpg

And a pic from first scrimmage

rrr_img_20045.jpg
That guy is scary looking.
frown.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm looking forward to see what Mizzou can do with their 2nd year in the SEC. We fired(he conveniently "left") our OC from last year, and our new OC is a former assistant that we got from LSU a few years ago. Should be more focus on the run game and more QB under center. We'll still have a lot of spread elements, but it shouldn't be 100% shotgun anymore like we used to be. Also our stud RB from 2 years ago that was leading the big 12 in rushing, and then blew out his knee at the end of '11, Henry Josey, should be back and 100% for this season. He had 1168 yards in just 10 games and 145 carries as a Soph(8.1 ypc)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have to hand it to Mizzou, first year in the SEC and they totally took over the spot normally held by Vandy/Kentucky that people most wanted out of the conference. The most common comment I've seen and heard about future conference expansion about X team is - can we trade them for Missouri.

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Can we just start giving saban the national title every year... let them sit out.. and the rest of us play for second place? Its getting boring at this point.
As much as I like my team/coach, remember we were a play or two away from a Georgia - ND championship game. And many thanks to Baylor for exposing KSU.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Not to mention LSU also screwing the pooch against them in the final drive(think it was the final drive atleast).

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't wait to watch Texas put a bookends on this silly SEC championship run this year.

Borzak

This may be the last year with the joke of the 4 team playoff next year. From the reports I've seen the people they are going to put in the selection group is a joke, lots of media types. Also the bargaining is already going on to restrict the number of teams from one conference, and talk of having to win your conference to get in. So if the top 4 teams (or 3 or 2) are from the SEC, we'll only see one in the playoff likely.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure Schools are pushing back on the 1 Team per Conference in the playoffs thing. Its pretty ridiculous. The best thing about a playoff is seeing Strength of Schedule increase. Poor FCS teams are going to stay poor because no one will play them.

But yes, i have to admit, playing Alabama this year against that RB scares me a bit. Jesus christ he is huge

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
This may be the last year with the joke of the 4 team playoff next year. From the reports I've seen the people they are going to put in the selection group is a joke, lots of media types. Also the bargaining is already going on to restrict the number of teams from one conference, and talk of having to win your conference to get in. So if the top 4 teams (or 3 or 2) are from the SEC, we'll only see one in the playoff likely.
I said it before, but the SEC should make it abundantly clear that they walk if this is legislated in, and they walk at the first sign of collusion within the comittee to keep multiple sec schools out.

We hold all of the cards. There is no reason for the lesser conferences (who up until a year ago didnt want a playoff) to dictate what happens in a playoff.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Random thoughts: Ohio State goes undefeated again this year, but gets left out of the title game due to a schedule that is worse than hot garbage. I'm going to miss having Brett Bielema in the conference to hate. I can't wait to watch the Bama/A&M game. I was hoping this thread would be the CFB Resurrection 2.0, it won't be nearly as funny during the season to open it up and see Bama stuff on the first page
frown.png

Borzak

As if Bama winning wasn't enough they go back and revise history in their official sports information packets. Neat to go 12-1 and have no losses listed.

Win.jpg

Borzak

Random thoughts: Ohio State goes undefeated again this year, but gets left out of the title game due to a schedule that is worse than hot garbage. I'm going to miss having Brett Bielema in the conference to hate. I can't wait to watch the Bama/A&M game. I was hoping this thread would be the CFB Resurrection 2.0, it won't be nearly as funny during the season to open it up and see Bama stuff on the first page
frown.png
At least in the last year of the BCS as we know I don't think any team that goes undefeated in a major conference gets locked out of the title game regardless of their actual computer rankings because the voters will over ride it. That assumes there aren't 2 other undefeated teams, but since it's damn near impossible for (2) SEC teams to go undefeated I think Ohio State will be OK.... lol.

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
As if Bama winning wasn't enough they go back and revise history in their official sports information packets. Neat to go 12-1 and have no losses listed.
CNMFS went back in time and altered history, not his fault they didn't update the W/L totals!

Yeah, the rematch with A&M should be hyped, both teams will be circling that one.