CFB 2013-2014

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We all knew shit like this was happening but this is hilarious

UNC tutor reveals pitiful, 10-sentence paper that earned football player an A- - NY Daily News

fake29n-2-web.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
While I acknowledge that their football team is often laughable, I am encouraged by the University of Notre Dame, and the standards to which they hold their scholarship athletes. I know with 100% certainty that they actually hold the students to these standards.

http://www3.nd.edu/~ncaacomp/documen...ParentsBro.pdf

aCademiC reqUirements
student-athletes must maintain certain academic standards to be eligible for competition. in addition
to NCAA rules that require student-athletes to maintain "progress toward a degree," Notre Dame holds
its student-athletes to increased academic standards. To be eligible under NCAA rules, your son must
be enrolled in a minimum full-time program of studies (i.e., 12 credit hours) and must pass 6 credit
hours each semester. As student-athletes progress through each semester, they are required to meet
additional NCAA academic requirements.
Pursuant to Notre Dame's Academic Code, your son must maintain a 1.7 GPA during the first semester
of his first year, a 1.85 GPA during the second semester of his first year, and a 2.0 GPA in each semester
thereafter. failure to meet those GPA requirements will land your son on academic probation. Although
academic probation normally renders a student ineligible to compete during the following semester,
student-athletes who end the spring semester on academic probation may regain their eligibility for
fall by achieving certain grades during the summer session. it is also important to note that Notre
Dame's Academic Code calls for automatic academic dismissal from Notre Dame if your son has
two consecutive or three non-consecutive semesters on academic probation.
Academic eligibility rules are complex. The Compliance office partners with Academic services for
student-Athletes to ensure that your son is tracking on all of the requirements. feel free to co
Not super high expectations, but realistic, and they ensure that the athletes actually are making progress toward a degree. Notre Dame is always high on the list (if not top) of scholarship athletes that actually complete their degree program. I think that's pretty commendable when everyone knows crap like the above post is going on all over the place.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
False. Fear itself is scared of Charlie Fucking Strong. Charlie Fucking Strong gives no fucks.
charlie.strong-300x199.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Johnny Manziel to file for new trademark - ESPN

Former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel continues to set himself up to cash in on his future. In line to eventually secure a "Johnny Football" trademark, Manziel's team filed for more trademarks recently, including"The House That Johnny Built."

But just like the trademark for "Johnny Football," Manziel is actually second in line, and the person who is first might raise eyebrows among Aggies fans.

Fitch Estate Sales, a company owned by the family of Nate Fitch, Manziel's friend who was with the quarterback at many of the autograph signings that resulted in a half-game suspension, was first to the phrase.

The free education isn't even a meaningful percentage of the true market value for the best players.

Look at what Jadeveon Clowney signs for next month. It won't be for 25k per year to pretend to be a student at a state university somewhere. 25k per year tuition and a meal card is barely better than wal mart wages. Hell, the meal card would be considered illegal scrip out in the real world! Only usable at the college's facilities!

Outside of 18th century plantations I cannot think of an example of when more money was made on the backs of free labor than the modern day multibillion dollar empire that is college football.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The biggest hurdle to paying players may come from the NFL.

What use is the NFL if colleges can just pay players? At that point NCAA eligibility rules are out the window, they aren't amateur students, they are paid employees, basically no different than a professor or other college staff. Alabama could just pay their best players to stay there for their entire careers until they retire. Bye Bye NFL.