CFB 2013-2014

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Nice to point out that a coach with a winning record left for another job, and equate that to the SEC firing coaches that were wasting the conference's time. But hey, Kansas isn't really a football school so it doesn't matter, right?
Oh the entire thing was a joke. The guy pretends to be impartial for about 2 paragraphs, then breaks into "... AND GEORGIA ONLY BEAT KENTUCKY BY 5 POINTS HERKA DERP".

I wonder where this guy thinks his beloved Sooners (tied 1st Big 12?) would have finished given that the SEC's 4th or 5th best team blew their fucking doors off in a national embarrassment.

No other conference has as much penis envy as the Big 12. My advice is to get over it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU? That puts A&M at #5, but you're free to put them at 4 and down grade Georgia (if you wanna rustle Whatsa) or Florida. Oh and South Carolina... why do I always forget about them.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU? That puts A&M at #5, but you're free to put them at 4 and down grade Georgia (if you wanna rustle Whatsa) or Florida. Oh and South Carolina... why do I always forget about them.
Yeah, I'd have it Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina LSU and A&M with the option to flip LSU and A&M.

That is not ment as an insult at all. No one wants to play A&M. But no one wants to play Alabama, Georgia, or South Carolina either.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Are you implying A&M was maybe the 5th best SEC team at the end of last year?
Not sure but they finished 3rd in the SEC west alone and would have needed both Alabama and LSU to lose their last game for them to finish 1st in the west.

I really don't arguing that your bottom teams are better than another conferences bottom teams. Stoops should worry about being the top team in the Big 12. Since 2006 when the SEC started it's run on national titles they are 10-2 in bowl games against the Big 12.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah, I'd have it Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina LSU and A&M with the option to flip LSU and A&M.

That is not ment as an insult at all. No one wants to play A&M. But no one wants to play Alabama, Georgia, or South Carolina either.
The SEC could always go to a new schedule where Alabama, LSU, Florida and Georgia don't play each other and watch the rest of the country melt down when the top 4 undefeated teams are from the SEC and take the 4 playoff spots lol.

Titan_sl

shitlord
It saddens me that if Miss State were in another conferance, we'd be top 3 team easily every year. Last year, we lost 5 times. 4 of those Teams were Ranked opponents, and Ole Miss(Who came on strong at the end of the year).

Hell, this year we play Ok. State, A&M, Bama, LSU, South Carolina, and Ole Miss(Who if they play like they did at the end of last year, could be a good team). Thats 5 Really good conference opponents. Something tells me i'll be really sad this year!

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
My new coach can really recruit.

The team on the field this year....not so much. Fuckin idiot Bray.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I guess if you evaluate the whole year and take into account the head to head losses to Florida (first game of the year) and LSU in the middle of the season, A&M would be 5th best. But from the Bama game on, who was playing the best football, certainly not 5th best. LSU embarrassingly lost to ACC powerhouse Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A bowl, and Florida got pasted Big East dominator Louisville. Not exactly perennial forces in CFB. At the end of the year, I would say (from the SEC) Bama is 1, and A&M/Georgia 2A and 2B.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good news Bros, Texas is BACK!(according to Texas)It looks like the SEC's time in the sun is finally coming to an end.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gilg, ignoring for a minute y'all just had a coaching search and completely unrelated to that, if you were to pick a coach for a college program, taking out unrealistic guys like Saban leaving Bama and Meyer leaving OSU, where would James Franklin and Pat Fitzgerald rank on your list?

Tea_sl

shitlord
Gilg, ignoring for a minute y'all just had a coaching search and completely unrelated to that, if you were to pick a coach for a college program, taking out unrealistic guys like Saban leaving Bama and Meyer leaving OSU, where would James Franklin and Pat Fitzgerald rank on your list?
Not addressed to me, but for Texas? You guys make 11 billionty dollars a year you have to have better options than those guys. Franklin somewhere around 10th, Fitzgerald on the radar but not a serious candidate.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya everybody is welcome to answer but it will be for Texas. Just asked Gilg because he follows such things closer than most. I'm sure we will make Saban say no to insane amount of money. We will probably end up hiring somebody I don't like but it's expected at this point.

For the record, I want Patterson or Strong and I doubt Texas hires a black coach, which would knock out Franklin as well.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Texas can just obliterate the market when it comes to picking a head coach. They could double Saban's salary without flinching. If I was Texas I would have outlandish expectations with an even more outlandish checkbook waiting. I haven't given any actual consideration to how well he'd do in college, but if I'm Texas then Belichick is getting a look. Back the Brinks truck up for Harbaugh. Someone top tier is going to say yes to a ton of money. That's how ridiculous my expectations would be. Patterson, Strong, and Franklin would be amazing gets for most schools, but I can't believe that Texas isn't able to nab a dominating coach.

It's going to be all the more disappointing when Texas stumbles their way through a coaching search and ends up with a hugely mediocre guy.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Harbaugh or Belichik. Two coaches who humbly believe they are about to win the super bowl are about to leave the NFL for a rebuilding job in a 2nd tier conference in the NCAA.

This is why you need me here: to police retarded shit like this. And PS, why would Saban take a demotion, either?

If UGA had to hire a new coach, I would do whatever it took to get Shaw out of Stanford. He certainly gets "it" and plays SEC style football. I'm pretty sure he will be in the NFL soon enough, though. Then, yeah, probably charlie strong.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The next two years will be very interesting. The richest athletic department on planet earth is about to start searching for a new athletic director following by new coaches in football, basketball, and baseball.

I like Shaw but I want to see how he does once all of Harbaugh's players are out of the system.

Tea's point wasn't that Harbaugh or Belichick would say yes, it was that you make them say no. If you offer enough premier coaches $10 million a year, one will say yes to Texas, which is a top 3 college coaching job (a lot of places, including ESPN, have it ranked number 1). I don't disagree with Tea, I just doubt Texas will approach it that way unfortunately.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Shit $10 million isn't even the limit for Texas to go after a big name despite it being nearly double the top earners in college now. I don't think Texas will just throw money at people either, but they should. Of course Belichick isn't going to leave the NFL, but you offer him $13 mil a year with carte blanche to build a staff anyway. My point was that if Texas is considering Franklin and Fitzgerald then they have aimed grievously low. Texas has a unique opportunity to dominate college football in a way we haven't seen since Princeton and Yale, but they won't.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya everybody is welcome to answer but it will be for Texas. Just asked Gilg because he follows such things closer than most. I'm sure we will make Saban say no to insane amount of money. We will probably end up hiring somebody I don't like but it's expected at this point.

For the record, I want Patterson or Strong and I doubt Texas hires a black coach, which would knock out Franklin as well.
If A&M can hire a black coach, Texas can.