Poll Change the vote, the poll

Should we restrict voting rights.

• Yes, it is as our forefathers intended.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • No, that's not what democracy is.

Votes: 57 75.0%

• Total voters

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Should we change our voting structure for the good of America. Changes are as follows:

1. Voting age raised to 25.
2. Lifetime earnings of 3 million or an IQ of 120 with courses in politics and economics passed.

You will be granted citizen class A and will be given voting rights. All levels of politics and military leadership will require class A.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Stupid. Imposing monetary requirements or an easily manipulated measure of intelligence on leadership (I mean we sorta have it with Ivy league education and political contributions in exchange for appointments) is terrible.

Edit - also many brilliant people have no interest in politics or economics, so even more stupid...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Our forefathers were racist shitlords. Why should we listen to them? I think a votes worth should be weighted using the progressive stack system. White cishet able bodied males are worth .001 votes. All elections are decided by one pangendered, omnisexual, transblack dolphin-woman and her 5 headmates because their votes are worth 2 billion each.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
-never-lasts-long-it-soon-wastes-exhausts-and-murders-itself-there-was-never-a-john-adams-280758.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Should we change our voting structure for the good of America. Changes are as follows:

1. Voting age raised to 25.
2. Lifetime earnings of 3 million or an IQ of 120 with courses in politics and economics passed.

You will be granted citizen class A and will be given voting rights. All levels of politics and military leadership will require class A.

You'll run into the problem the last time the voting age wasn't 18.

I can get drafted and sent to the Nam and killed "for my country." But I cannot vote for president because I'm too immature to handle such an important decision.

That leaves a bad taste in most people's mouths and it always will. And should because fuck that.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Was that used for voting too? i thought it was only used as rationale for lowering the drinking age. We can all see how effective it was on that front.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I thought you were older Hoss? 26th Amendment passed on this issue in 1971. Lowering voting age to 18 from 21.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Nope, I was born after that. I don't really remember the drinking age changes either, but my dad and uncles have talked about it because it was actually important (to them).

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
You'll run into the problem the last time the voting age wasn't 18.

I can get drafted and sent to the Nam and killed "for my country." But I cannot vote for president because I'm too immature to handle such an important decision.

That leaves a bad taste in most people's mouths and it always will. And should because fuck that.

Yes well likely that would be the least of the arguments since about 85% of the population would be disenfranchised. The problem as it stands now is that way too many stupid people can vote and you can see where it leads.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Stupid. Imposing monetary requirements or an easily manipulated measure of intelligence on leadership (I mean we sorta have it with Ivy league education and political contributions in exchange for appointments) is terrible.

Edit - also many brilliant people have no interest in politics or economics, so even more stupid...

Well for one the money requirements are to allow hard working individuals with sub par IQ's a path to higher citizenship and office. Second what the fuck does brilliant people not interested have to do with anything. The country doesn't have a government that requires every single person, so that's a non point.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
How about the starship troopers model? Serve in the military, you get to be a full citizen.

Also, co-ed showers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Classes passed in economics? This is how you guarantee Hillary wins Alabama and Texas! Praise the Lizard Queen, Lich Hillary!

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
How about the starship troopers model? Serve in the military, you get to be a full citizen.

Also, co-ed showers.

I've thought about that option as well. I honestly think it needs to be a combo of a couple things. Mostly just need to take away the need to pander to idiots, while making people prove they deserve a say.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We just need to go Medieval Citizenship with this shit, and base your entry into the Citizen caste on ability to suck Profession Guild Cock or to Beat People's Fucking Faces In Proper, or to have enough money to hire other people to serve as militia in your stead.

And then every 10-25 years we kill/drive out all the moneylenders to clear our debts!