Poll Change the vote, the poll

Should we restrict voting rights.

• Yes, it is as our forefathers intended.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • No, that's not what democracy is.

Votes: 57 75.0%

• Total voters

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
I prefer voluntary military or peace corps participation for a period of 4 years to earn the right to vote.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
First thing first, only White men should be able to vote.

Giving women the right to vote was probably worse than letting the American Inventors vote.

I love and respect women but they are emotional creatures and can't make decisions like a man can.

• 1Solidarity

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Assumes facts not in evidence.

Also I assume you would qualify to vote under this dumbass ruleset?

Having seen your political viewpoint, I can understand you not understanding the facts available, good point.

• 1Like

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
First thing first, only White men should be able to vote.

Giving women the right to vote was probably worse than letting the American Inventors vote.

I love and respect women but they are emotional creatures and can't make decisions like a man can.

Yeah it would be a downside to this system, women would make the IQ cut. Although I honestly believe women having rights wasn't our problem, it was giving in to their ridiculous bullshit in the workplace and spawning PC multiculturalism.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
You run out shit like 'women being able to vote' would be a downside, and I'm the dumb one?

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
You run out shit like 'women being able to vote' would be a downside, and I'm the dumb one?

Actually since your reading comprehension is poor, I said "I honestly believe women having rights wasn't our problem". Meaning I am all for equality, but the current system is women exerting power in a negative fashion.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
You said "Yeah it would be a downside to this system, women would make the IQ cut."

'I am all for equality, except I'm not, because women passing a test I instituted would somehow be a downside.'

They passed your fucking test but it's a bad thing? Because they are female?

I'm not even going to get into a_skeleton_02 going straight to Racism 101.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's ironic how similar some of this sounds to ivory tower liberals complaining about the rural white working class always voting against their own self-interest. If only they knew better ...

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I don't know where all this stupid Nationalist shit came from but yes I agree convicted felons should not be able to vote, I would also be comfortable with people receiving social service aid not being able to vote due to obvious conflict of interest

• 1Like

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I don't know where all this stupid Nationalist shit came from but yes I agree convicted felons should not be able to vote, I would also be comfortable with people receiving social service aid not being able to vote due to obvious conflict of interest

This isn't nationalism.....

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
It's ironic how similar some of this sounds to ivory tower liberals complaining about the rural white working class always voting against their own self-interest. If only they knew better ...

No, no it doesn't. I'm very clearly stating that giving low information people the ability to vote makes this country worse.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
No, no it doesn't. I'm very clearly stating that giving low information people the ability to vote makes this country worse.

Oh it's the same flavor of shit alright. We can't have nice things (the country is worse off) because a certain segment of the electorate is perpetually hoodwinked (low information voters, ie. people who don't agree with us). The only difference is that true to the tenants of modern conservatism you'd like to see a return to the days of voting rights being restricted to a more select group of individuals though you sometimes hear some liberals say much the same.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Oh it's the same flavor of shit alright. We can't have nice things (the country is worse off) because a certain segment of the electorate is perpetually hoodwinked (low information voters, ie. people who don't agree with us). The only difference is that true to the tenants of modern conservatism you'd like to see a return to the days of voting rights being restricted to a more select group of individuals though you sometimes hear some liberals say much the same.

The difference is that the ivory tower liberals you referenced can't understand why rural whites don't defer to their moral authority and take handouts. I have zero problem with restricting voting as long as it is not restricted due to arbitrary standards such as skin color, gender, sexual orientation. Expecting someone to have some cards in the game, have demonstrated a level of intelligence, or serve their country in some way is as intended by our forefathers.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
You said "Yeah it would be a downside to this system, women would make the IQ cut."

'I am all for equality, except I'm not, because women passing a test I instituted would somehow be a downside.'

They passed your fucking test but it's a bad thing? Because they are female?

I'm not even going to get into a_skeleton_02 going straight to Racism 101.

No they are bad because they cannot divorce emotional response thinking from decision making. Instead of requiring them to be more rational we have changed the system to include flawed rationality.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Another thing to point out. In almost every other thread we discuss people wanting something for nothing. Then when I say voting should require being earned all of a sudden it's a given? That's retarded, if anything the standard should be higher when your vote can change the lives of 330 million people.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Yeah daddy, I want to go back to the old way of doing things. Take care of me and mine and do the right thing on my behalf, because I sure as hell can't handle making a decision. What with being an emotional creature.

Only fair that the real movers and shakers be the ones with the vote. Landed white males deciding the future of everyone el-..se...wait.

Trump vs. Hillary.

What a stupid fucking thread.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Yeah daddy, I want to go back to the old way of doing things. Take care of me and mine and do the right thing on my behalf, because I sure as hell can't handle making a decision. What with being an emotional creature.

Only fair that the real movers and shakers be the ones with the vote. Landed white males deciding the future of everyone el-..se...wait.

Trump vs. Hillary.

What a stupid fucking thread.

Thank you for helping me make my point.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Another thing to point out. In almost every other thread we discuss people wanting something for nothing. Then when I say voting should require being earned all of a sudden it's a given? That's retarded, if anything the standard should be higher when your vote can change the lives of 330 million people.

It's not the idea itself that is unreasonable, it's your expectation that such a concept could ever be fairly constructed or applied.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
It's not the idea itself that is unreasonable, it's your expectation that such a concept could ever be fairly constructed or applied.

It's not supposed to be fair. Life isn't fair. Hard decisions require finding the most capable and competent people. Large corporations don't ask the mail room guys to roll out new programs do they? Then why do you want the mail room choosing policymakers?

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
We live in a meritocracy, capitalism rewards hard work, intelligence, diligence. For some reason people want to divorce those values from the administration of our country. Why?