Chat GPT AI

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That's the problem, don't try pinning it down, just open a new session. It's like you can randomly get on a logical branch in a given session where it gets stuck on a certain blocking point, where a new session will start over from before it got hung up on that point.
Often don't even need to open a new session. Just click the Edit button and resubmit the same response until it accepts it. It works so well that I swear they programmed it in as a back door.

Edit -- Lmao still replying before I read other comments. Didn't think anyone else picked up on it when I mentioned the trick a few pages back.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So here's how it actually works. People aren't producing the responses in realtime, but they're reviewing flagged chat content to build better responses:

Okay that makes a lot more sense. I saw an article about someone that went to ChatGPT's US headquarters and it sounded like they didn't actually employ that many people. Outsourcing tho, duh. I should have realized.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So here's how it actually works. People aren't producing the responses in realtime, but they're reviewing flagged chat content to build better responses:

The outsourcing to impoverished areas is pretty wild. We did a collab with one of those companies and the stories about the workers are fascinating. Basically the workers we worked with largely comprise of girls who can either live in shithole, marry their uncle at age 10 or label point clouds / pixels all day. What I would chose personally probably depends on the uncle.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Okay that makes a lot more sense. I saw an article about someone that went to ChatGPT's US headquarters and it sounded like they didn't actually employ that many people. Outsourcing tho, duh. I should have realized.
I talked to Project Sidewalk about this kind of thing. Amazon Turkers. They gamify their interface and use a bunch of Turkers to do shit like this.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I talked to Project Sidewalk about this kind of thing. Amazon Turkers. They gamify their interface and use a bunch of Turkers to do shit like this.

I've been trying to find something I can do to work from home and make some cash. The pay looks atrocious for the basic tasks, but the advanced tasks (that you need to qualify for somehow, not everyone can do the advanced tasks at first). Seems like it might be decent money compared to the minimum wage jobs here in Saginaw. Gonna try it out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20230118-114726.pngScreenshot_20230118-114731.pngScreenshot_20230118-114735.pngScreenshot_20230118-114740.pngScreenshot_20230118-114745.pngScreenshot_20230118-114749.pngScreenshot_20230118-114753.pngScreenshot_20230118-114757.pngScreenshot_20230118-114824.pngScreenshot_20230118-114828.png

Assuming a computer literate, English-as-a-first-language speaker like myself can bust out these tasks 2-3x as fast as the average turker, not bad

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Might want to edit out your real name. No idea if you care or not, but thought I'd point it out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
AI tutoring for the home-schooled seems like a good business opportunity.
The model would need to be pretty different, more deterministic, but yeah that's where we are headed. Someday AI will beat teachers when it comes to teaching STEM, grammar, economics... Lots of stuff.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'd worry a lot more about the FoH crowd than bots.
Lots of people here already know my real name, honestly. Was pretty open with it when I was fundraising back when I was going through chemo. Tho I never took the link out of the Health Problems thread in the Grown Up Stuff forum, so I suppose the trolls maybe didn't learn it then. 🤔

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
AI tutoring for the home-schooled seems like a good business opportunity.
I'd give it a rip. I think the current delay on ChatGPT makes it infeasible though in terms of being able to respond to kids. I also doubt that the voice recognition is anywhere good enough to be able to understand a typical <10 year old where you basically need to know what they are going to say before they say it to understand them.

I'm trying out TinyTap on our learning with my 4 year old this week. It's an engine for people to make very basic games, so they crowdsource the game creation. No where near AI teachers of course.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Explain why the rate of African American homicide is so high in Chicago.

"
There are a number of factors that contribute to the high rate of African American homicide in Chicago. One of the main factors is poverty and economic inequality. Many African American communities in Chicago are characterized by high levels of poverty and unemployment, which can lead to increased crime and violence.
Another key factor is the presence of gangs and organized crime in these communities. Gangs often control certain neighborhoods and engage in illegal activities such as drug trafficking, which can lead to violence and homicides.

Additionally, there is also a history of racial segregation and discrimination in Chicago, which has led to the concentration of African American communities in certain areas of the city that are disproportionately affected by poverty and crime.

There is also a lack of access to quality education and job opportunities, leading to a lack of upward mobility for many African Americans in Chicago. This lack of opportunity can lead to feelings of frustration and hopelessness, which can contribute to an increase in crime and violence.

Furthermore, the relationship between law enforcement and the African American community has been fraught with tension and mistrust, which can make it difficult to effectively address the issue of crime and violence in these communities.
In summary, the high rate of African American homicide in Chicago is a complex issue that is influenced by a number of factors such as poverty, economic inequality, gangs, racial segregation, discrimination, lack of access to quality education and job opportunities, and a mistrustful relationship with law enforcement."

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Explain why the rate of African American homicide is so high in Chicago.

"
There are a number of factors that contribute to the high rate of African American homicide in Chicago. One of the main factors is poverty and economic inequality. Many African American communities in Chicago are characterized by high levels of poverty and unemployment, which can lead to increased crime and violence.
Another key factor is the presence of gangs and organized crime in these communities. Gangs often control certain neighborhoods and engage in illegal activities such as drug trafficking, which can lead to violence and homicides.

Additionally, there is also a history of racial segregation and discrimination in Chicago, which has led to the concentration of African American communities in certain areas of the city that are disproportionately affected by poverty and crime.

There is also a lack of access to quality education and job opportunities, leading to a lack of upward mobility for many African Americans in Chicago. This lack of opportunity can lead to feelings of frustration and hopelessness, which can contribute to an increase in crime and violence.

Furthermore, the relationship between law enforcement and the African American community has been fraught with tension and mistrust, which can make it difficult to effectively address the issue of crime and violence in these communities.
In summary, the high rate of African American homicide in Chicago is a complex issue that is influenced by a number of factors such as poverty, economic inequality, gangs, racial segregation, discrimination, lack of access to quality education and job opportunities, and a mistrustful relationship with law enforcement."

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 20-21-36 ChatGPT.png

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 20-20-58 ChatGPT.png

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The minute you see it say XXX are complex issues, you have hit the SJW roadblock.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20230118-220103.png
Screenshot_20230118-220110.png

Really similar response even tho Boise is the 3rd whitest city in America lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So it just occurred to me that students trying to use ChatGPT to write papers (papers that will probably get a C at best but hey Cs get degrees...) should use some of the pre-existing paraphraser tools out there as an extra level of obfuscation to trick the algorithms that try to detect AI generated text 🤔

Sites like this https://quillbot.com/