Chat GPT AI

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Again, you're too stupid to read.

ChatGPT is most efficient at writing about stuff that's already been written about 1000s of times before.

My point is we can teach kids how to write by having them read something current rather than the same self-reinforcing cultural mythology from 70 years ago, that's already been written about endlessly. Already, most kids are not critically thinking about Lord of the Flies, or Lord of the Rings, or any other thing written that long ago. They're just going online and reading what other people have already written about them. That's what ChatGPT does, just much more efficiently.

Have kids write about current events, current works of fiction, etc. Not ideas that have been beaten to death for 70 years and weren't accurate at the time to begin with.

Yes, using something that's not in ChatGPT is a good way to not have it be used. No shit.

But your whole crusade against Lord Of The Flies being fiction is completely irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with why it's sometimes used in some classes

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Who knew people with 148 IQ didn't understand what an allegory is. Wondsr what chatGPT thinks about that.
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 18-52-34 ChatGPT.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats fine if we replace LOTF's but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that anything recent has any similar value.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol no wonder the tech giants are sperging out for/about this thing

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I am going to spend the next 3 months with this avatar only responding to posts using GPT generated responses. It seems somehow appropriate.
I'm 90% sure someone on this forum was doing that for a while but I can't remember who it was.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Hello [Recipient],

I wanted to respond to accusations of plagiarism. I take pride in my work and always strive to produce original content. In this case, I did my own research and wrote the message using my own words and ideas.

If anyone has any concerns or doubts about the originality of my work, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am always open to discussing my sources and providing evidence to support my claims.

Thank you for your understanding and support. I value your trust and will continue to do my best to create high-quality, original content.

Best regards, [Your Name]

• 1Beagling
  • 1Hodjing

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nice, I finally got a task that is perfect for getting kickstarted with chatGPT...

1674575953511.png

cover4.jpg

It's going to take me all week now to write a python script that recursively searches a directory structure for files that have a given string and then dumps the value of that string and the filepath to a csv file.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Was this a tactic to distribute the task by getting multiple autists to submit the same request in hopes one of them would get through and post it here?

cause I think it'll work

my inner autist started mentally composing the script in Perl along with some snarky comments bashing python before I caught myself

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Nice, I finally got a task that is perfect for getting kickstarted with chatGPT...

View attachment 455033

cover4.jpg

It's going to take me all week now to write a python script that recursively searches a directory structure for files that have a given string and then dumps the value of that string and the filepath to a csv file.
Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 10-08-20 ChatGPT.png

Code:
import os
import csv

def search_files(directory, search_string, csv_file):
    with open(csv_file, 'w', newline='') as f:
        writer = csv.writer(f)
        writer.writerow(['File Path', 'String Value'])
        for root, dirs, files in os.walk(directory):
            for file in files:
                file_path = os.path.join(root, file)
                with open(file_path, 'r') as f:
                    file_contents = f.read()
                    if search_string in file_contents:
                        writer.writerow([file_path, search_string])

search_files('/path/to/directory', 'search_string', 'output.csv')

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Honestly, a big upside of this tech could be that kids will grow up interacting with and model a much higher level of prose and conversation structure than they'd otherwise get from peers and human teachers. We're getting the opposite now with a generation training their brains on texting shorthand.

"idk ur error need inofz"

• 2Like