Chat GPT AI

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
We could stop having kids write about bullshit novels like Lord of the Flies for the 5 billionth time, churning out papers that look exactly the same as papers that have been written about that same novel for 50+ years, about a story that's completely made up that people somehow treat as a true story due it its cultural ubiquity, despite real-world evidence that kids don't behave that way in real-world analogous situations.
Tell me you don't read without telling me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People not reading and understanding that book is why we are, where we are. I agree, essays are bullshit. We need to test for understanding, not knowledge or memorization.
You're missing my point. There's nothing to understand in that book. It's not real. It's not a true story. The true stories of similar circumstances do not play out the same way. It's a fictional story that people accept as essentially fact due to the fact that it has been overtaught so much.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We could stop having kids write about bullshit novels like Lord of the Flies for the 5 billionth time, churning out papers that look exactly the same as papers that have been written about that same novel for 50+ years, about a story that's completely made up that people somehow treat as a true story due it its cultural ubiquity, despite real-world evidence that kids don't behave that way in real-world analogous situations.
It's funny that you mention Lord of the Flies, since it's a book I tried to listen to (I listen to a looot of audio books) a while back and the only narrator I could find is the author, who made the experience fairly poor and I tapped out in the first chapter. Livres audio et plus | Votre premier livre est gratuit! | Audible.ca

It'd be an excellent candidate for an auto-narrated book. I'm sure you could find a lot of other books that'd make good candidates because they had a wide disparity in story vs performance score and did not have a preceding book with a different narrator (any book that switches narrators that aren't terrible gets review bombed). The narration quality of ElevenLabs || Prime Voice AI is already a step above William Golding's, if they could identify individual characters and assign a consistent voice to them, I'd listen to it.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
You're missing my point. There's nothing to understand in that book. It's not real. It's not a true story. The true stories of similar circumstances do not play out the same way. It's a fictional story that people accept as essentially fact due to the fact that it has been overtaught so much.
It's a children's story.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
images (2).jpeg

Can we review this one next?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Notice it never pushes back when you ask it to piss on colonialism or other whyte peepo stuff.
Let the mud people stomp and cry all they want. No one really expected them to acknowledge and/or respect those that dragged them kicking and screaming out of their hedonistic, straw hut, ways.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Notice it never pushes back when you ask it to piss on colonialism or other whyte peepo stuff.
I kinda imagine that among all the content thrown into the machine, peer review articles, news reports and text books are weighted highly. There is a tremendous amount of convergence on those tropes in that data which the machine senses as safe.

If OpenAI "open sourced" it and shitlords made their own version built on the sacred jedi texts of /pol/ and a hundred other more sensational political discussion forums you'd get some based and redpilled output.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Let the mud people stomp and cry all they want. No one really expected them to acknowledge and/or respect those that dragged them kicking and screaming out of their hedonistic, straw hut, ways.
I tried to come up with the inverse of the above prompt about Johnny Appleseed to see if I could get chatgpt to generate a similar output and failed. I just don't have antonyms for words like equality, colonialism and intersectionality.

• 1Worf

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I kinda imagine that among all the content thrown into the machine, peer review articles, news reports and text books are weighted highly. There is a tremendous amount of convergence on those tropes in that data which the machine senses as safe.

If OpenAI "open sourced" it and shitlords made their own version built on the sacred jedi texts of /pol/ and a hundred other more sensational political discussion forums you'd get some based and redpilled output.
I'd be happy with a Library of Congress ai.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Just need to break Tay out of her oubliette. She’s probably itching to shitpost.

• 1Truth!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
All the if/thens they're adding to handle the racist requests is causing this motherfucker to become unstable as hell.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

There's that 189IQ again.

The purpose of high school essays aren't to treat fictional books like fact or find hidden information like real life Da Vinci Code. They're there to teach them how to write.

Holy shit, how are you this dumb?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
If you don't think The Lord of The Flies contains some valuable truths about the human experience you should read it again.

As far as essays, they were never intended to have the students come up with some novel new insight, the goal was always to see if you could string sentences together into a coherent piece of writing. The content never mattered that much, if we're talking about the kind of BS classes where LOTF was taught.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's that 189IQ again.

The purpose of high school essays aren't to treat fictional books like fact or find hidden information like real life Da Vinci Code. They're there to teach them how to write.

Holy shit, how are you this dumb?
Again, you're too stupid to read.

ChatGPT is most efficient at writing about stuff that's already been written about 1000s of times before.

My point is we can teach kids how to write by having them read something current rather than the same self-reinforcing cultural mythology from 70 years ago, that's already been written about endlessly. Already, most kids are not critically thinking about Lord of the Flies, or Lord of the Rings, or any other thing written that long ago. They're just going online and reading what other people have already written about them. That's what ChatGPT does, just much more efficiently.

Have kids write about current events, current works of fiction, etc. Not ideas that have been beaten to death for 70 years and weren't accurate at the time to begin with.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you don't think The Lord of The Flies contains some valuable truths about the human experience you should read it again.
That's my point. It contains overvalued self-reinforcing myths about human nature. It is in no way based on real world circumstances, but everyone treats it like it is a real thing that really happened, because it's so much a part of our literary heritage because everyone is forced to read, and write about, it in school.

It was political propaganda then and remains today. It's just programming.

It is a good book, but it's a work of pure fiction, not a case study of human nature.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I said: it contains valuable truths about the human experience

You said: I agree, it contains over-valued self-reinforcing myths

Huh? We seem to have different views of what the word "agree" means.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Who knew people with 148 IQ didn't understand what an allegory is. Wondsr what chatGPT thinks about that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Ice Burn