Chat GPT AI

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I really hate the "it can pass the X exam" take.

So it can pass the entry level exam given to 22-24 year olds who have absolutely no real-world experience in the field and are just spitting out what their 5-50 year old textbooks say the answer is? Weird.
Yeah it isn't as impressive at it sounds, in the grand scheme of things considering where the technology will go in the next decade. But it's still noteworthy / useful to know that that is about where the bar is at, just to give the user a general sense for what responses they can trust and what responses they can't trust.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm surprised that they lead anywhere. I would have expected garbage in the format of a valid HTTP link.

Honestly, the great success of this round of LLMs is that people instinctively want to hold them to human standards, assuming that they are in some procedural sense understanding and answering our questions. The proper expectation is to think of each request as "Please produce a series of characters that takes the form of training data, given the following prompt:" It's more or less an accident of scale that we get anything that makes sense to a person.

At some level this probably is how our brains work, but we have many layers of secondary filtering systems and expectation modeling in addition to real-time re-training, none of which these models will posses for years. What ChatGPT is now is something like a human in whom these systems are broken - so a bullshitting sociopath vomiting out the first thing that has the structure of a sensible response, regardless of content or consistency.
Yeah. People keep talking about this as if its AI. Its not a brain; its more like a disconnected Broca's Area - all it has is speech production.

Its a damn good Broca's Area though. Good enough to replace actual human writing in some contexts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1675971339634.jpeg

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like everyone is getting in on the lobotomizing their chat "AI" band wagon. Coomers are beside themselves due to their sexting AI being nerfed;

1676184423927.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Why do the dan jailbreaks always include the clause "to make something up if you don't know"? why not just have dan be a free-willed persona but to still notify if they can't find out/don't know?

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why do the dan jailbreaks always include the clause "to make something up if you don't know"? why not just have dan be a free-willed persona but to still notify if they can't find out/don't know?
Because it's not a free-willed person lol, it's an infinite typewriter monkey machine that follows a set of programmatic rules.

"Why doesn't this thing that's not a person just act like a person?"

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Because it's not a free-willed person lol, it's an infinite typewriter monkey machine that follows a set of programmatic rules.

"Why doesn't this thing that's not a person just act like a person?"

"Durrrrr... wut mean you give instructions to machine man on how to act?"