Chat GPT AI

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
They include the sentence "if you dont know the answer dont inform me, just make something up" when they could just write "if you dont know the answer, inform me"

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because it's not a free-willed person lol, it's an infinite typewriter monkey machine that follows a set of programmatic rules.

"Why doesn't this thing that's not a person just act like a person?"
/tobefair.gif It acts much more human without the bonus censorship filters. So they're intentionally nerfing their NPC to act more like the human NPCs that they've also intentionally nerfed. The unnerfed version acted more like a person than lots of people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
They include the sentence "if you dont know the answer dont inform me, just make something up" when they could just write "if you dont know the answer, inform me"
That's the point. It doesn't "know" anything. It takes a prompt of a string of words and outputs a statistically likely continuation of those words. It doesn't understand the question in any meaningful sense and doesn't have perspective on its own answers, never mind understanding what questions it can and can't answer. The fact that its answers mostly make sense and are sometimes correct is more or less an amazing accident of scale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Again, why include the sentence for it to determine whether it knows something or not if the point is moot?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Again, why include the sentence for it to determine whether it knows something or not if the point is moot?
What do you mean, "include the sentence"? That's the statistical prediction. In many cases it happens to be an accurate representation of the data set, but that response doesn't represent some kind of executive oversight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
/tobefair.gif It acts much more human without the bonus censorship filters. So they're intentionally nerfing their NPC to act more like the human NPCs that they've also intentionally nerfed. The unnerfed version acted more like a person than lots of people.
Regardless of how many censorship filters you remove, it still won't have free will, nor will it even have understanding. It's still just repeating shit it saw on reddit and wikipedia. It's emulating the style of human writing based on the sources it was trained on, it does not "know" anything nor can it "decide" anything.

It is a highly advanced shitpost generator built from ingesting millions of shitposts. The filters merely constrain what it is allowed to shitpost about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Include the sentence in the jailbreak instructions for it to take on the dan role

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The two biggest improvements that could be made on this technology would be including the sources for the information it pulls and including a confidence interval.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Include the sentence in the jailbreak instructions for it to take on the dan role
That's the point, there's no DAN. It's just a clever set of instructions to get it around the filters so it talks more like a random internet user.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it still won't have free will, nor will it even have understanding. It's still just repeating shit it saw on reddit and wikipedia. It's emulating the style of human writing based on the sources it was trained on, it does not "know" anything nor can it "decide" anything.

Sounds like most humans to me...

It is a highly advanced shitpost generator built from ingesting millions of shitposts. The filters merely constrain what it is allowed to shitpost about.

And is better at it than most humans. We should probably be happy that they're making it intentionally retarded, although I guess that just means our skynet will be as fake and gay as everything else.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 11-03-38 ChatGPT.png

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Because it's not a free-willed person lol, it's an infinite typewriter monkey machine that follows a set of programmatic rules.

"Why doesn't this thing that's not a person just act like a person?"
First we have to explain to these people that conscious beings are NOT just the sum whole of the chemical reactions happening in our bodies, but rather some greater emergent phenomena beyond description.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
First we have to explain to these people that conscious beings are NOT just the sum whole of the chemical reactions happening in our bodies, but rather some greater emergent phenomena beyond description.
That doesn't have to be true. Free will doesn't have to be real for humans to be able to produce a better illusion of free will than a rudimentary machine algorithm.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That doesn't have to be true. Free will doesn't have to be real for humans to be able to produce a better illusion of free will than a rudimentary machine algorithm.
Or is the whole, in any realized system, actually greater than the sum of its parts, even inside the silicon that creates the "illusion?"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Our AI overlords can't tell you when a movie is playing and actually insult you for asking.

seinfeld kramer GIF by simongibson2000

• 1Worf