Chat GPT AI

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really doubt you can shrink an mri like that. There’s numerous technical reasons but an apt analogy might be like trying to make a big rig the size of a toy car but can haul 20 tons

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s interesting though that we are still so dependent on mr for all this functional imaging. There must be a way to detect and map neuro chemical reactions at the synapse level which should be crazy sensitive for functional brain imaging, just waiting for someone to discover how. Like an eeg on steroids. If you could get eeg tech to a new level like this then I think we will be in cyber punk braindance territory

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I really doubt you can shrink an mri like that. There’s numerous technical reasons but an apt analogy might be like trying to make a big rig the size of a toy car but can haul 20 tons
They can probably figure out how to do it with a standard EEG, and keep scaling from there to less and less invasive approaches.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Denamian Denamian can we get this moved to tech?

As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

That's sensible.

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe Denamian Denamian can find the large language models thread and combine it to this one so all ai stuff is together, in the meantime gpt4 came out today and it seems pretty nuts.

In particular take a look at some of the image input /explanation abilities it has. Wild stuff
E0BCA231-394A-4783-865B-BC2FDAC93BF2.jpeg

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So general public only has access to chat gpt 4 through its integration in Bing ATM, right?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So general public only has access to chat gpt 4 through its integration in Bing ATM, right?
GPT-4 is only avaiable if you paid for ChatGPT Plus or are a partnered developer with OpenAI. Bing uses a variant of ChatGPT/GPT-3.5.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
GPT-4 is only avaiable if you paid for ChatGPT Plus or are a partnered developer with OpenAI. Bing uses a variant of ChatGPT/GPT-3.5.

That's a long article lol. You happen to know if they are ever intending on releasing it to the general public, similar to what they did with GPT3? Or is 4 always going to be for paying customers only?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Just citing the original source. I have no idea what their plans are. Presumably some public/commercial rollout, otherwise why bother.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe Denamian Denamian can find the large language models thread and combine it to this one so all ai stuff is together, in the meantime gpt4 came out today and it seems pretty nuts.

In particular take a look at some of the image input /explanation abilities it has. Wild stuff View attachment 463465

I found it and moved it in to tech: Large language models (LLM)

I'm going to leave them separate for now as that one can be used as a more general thread while this one stays chat gpt specific.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
But they still told it what to do.
Did they tell it to ask a human to pass a CAPTCHA? I don't remember reading that part but I'm too lazy to read the article again. Seemed like that was novel unpredicted behavior tho.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck

GPT-4 Hires And Manipulates Human Into Passing CAPTCHA Test

They took off the reins and let it do stuff on Fiverr and it led to this!

I was just coming to post about this - I was reading the ARS article about it, kind of rolling my eyes at taking that kind of testing seriously enough to hire an external firm to do it and then ran into:
1679018136119.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users