Chat GPT AI

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Write a cheeky rhyming poem about The Little Mermaid in a kickboxing match against Jean Claude Van Damme

The Little Mermaid in the ring, Against Jean Claude, a fierce king.
With her tail as her weapon of choice, She'll win this fight with her powerful voice.

She'll kick and punch with all her might, While Jean Claude tries to fight with his height.
But Ariel's got some serious skill, She'll knock him out and give him a thrill.
Her opponents will fall, one by one, As she proves that she's second to none.
So if you're ever in a fight, Just remember Ariel's might.S
o, Jean Claude be ready to fall, The Little Mermaid's got it all.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

This is probably the best AI voice I've heard. Better than speechify. I listen to a ton of audio books and would love to hear one where each character is a unique parameterization.
That's very impressive in the way that the cadence and tone blend between words ("not you" crossing into "naw-chew", etc.). A few subtle unhuman inflections around big pauses, but a big step forward.

Between this, text generation, image/video synthesis, and 3d models, I bet we're less than 20 years away from having on-the-fly generation of personalize game/movie/show content. My retirement is not going to want for entertainment.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That's very impressive in the way that the cadence and tone blend between words ("not you" crossing into "naw-chew", etc.). A few subtle unhuman inflections around big pauses, but a big step forward.

Between this, text generation, image/video synthesis, and 3d models, I bet we're less than 20 years away from having on-the-fly generation of personalize game/movie/show content. My retirement is not going to want for entertainment.
I bet AI will converge on a small number of themes and all the entertainment it produces will be the same bland shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

I bet AI will converge on a small number of themes and all the entertainment it produces will be the same bland shit.

There haven't been any truly new themes in the last two thousand years of human expression. I'm sure AI will be able to produce the same variety on which it is trained. The reason current mass market entertainment is bland is because they're trying to appeal to everyone and offend no one. AI can tailor to an audience of exactly you and your tastes. "Give me an episodic show that's a stylistic hybrid of Malazan and GoT, but set in space. And make communists the bad guys. Plus a spinoff single player RPG in the vein of The Witcher." Boom, done.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I wonder what the real AI is like if the one they put out for the public to play with is this good.

And I wonder what fraction of text I've read in the past couple years was AI generated.

Soon it will approach 100%, since human communication on the web seems to have devolved to a pre-literate stage with monkeys staring into the cameras wearing headphones and hooting at each other. I forsee a time in the near future when only AI communicates by text, and all text is AI generated.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I wonder what the real AI is like if the one they put out for the public to play with is this good.

And I wonder what fraction of text I've read in the past couple years was AI generated.

Soon it will approach 100%, since human communication on the web seems to have devolved to a pre-literate stage with monkeys staring into the cameras wearing headphones and hooting at each other. I forsee a time in the near future when only AI communicates by text, and all text is AI generated.
It would be better than this post.

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was up until 1am having this thing writing code for one of my ArcGis web maps. Can't believe this shit works.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yeah, yesterday I solved a problem in like 10 minutes because I asked ChatGPT to write a bunch of Elasticsearch queries for me and keep changing the regexes until I found exactly what I wanted in a huge set of data (trace records of millions of phone calls.)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

DoNotPay seems like an interesting company to keep an eye on.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Literally just "can you write an elasticsearch query that does X" and then "can you change the regex so it filters out Y" etc.
You don't ask it to use specific variables or anything? The ones Ive done so far we're very simple, I'm just wondering how complicated I can make a single request

Captain Suave

So talking with my sister-in-law at dinner last night (she is a lawyer) and I mention the Chat AI. She being a normie has never heard of it. I describe it and she is amazed. She almost instantly asks "Can it write a legal brief"? I said "I don't know". She tells me she has a brief to write for a case she is working. I grab my phone, go to the site and sked her to describe what she wants in detail. I input her query in and it starts spitting out paragraphs. I hand it to her, she reads it and says "send me that link".

We keep talking about it and I mention "even if it is just something to read as a reference, couldn't you then put in the same query for the opposite side of the argument and get an idea of how the opposing counsel might write their brief?" She smiled her evil lawyer smile and said "exactly".

I preface all of this with I am not a lawyer and have no idea how valuable this really is, but she isn't a shabby lawyer so she must have seen something she liked in it.

At the VERY minimum this tech is going to put a lot of paralegals out of work, if not the majority of associate lawyers.

DoNotPay seems like an interesting company to keep an eye on.

You'd need to pay them $1M, because if the robot you're parroting makes a mistake the lawyer is ethically on the hook for poor practice.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I wouldn't be jumping at any opportunities they could offer at the moment but as they make progress it's gonna get more and more interesting

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Where I see this really helping early on is research. I have written for publication and having this thing save me time gathering info is amazing. Yes the code writing stuff is great and can be used instantly, but for research this can be such a time saver.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Where I see this really helping early on is research. I have written for publication and having this thing save me time gathering info is amazing. Yes the code writing stuff is great and can be used instantly, but for research this can be such a time saver.
They're already manipulating it to give woke answers to fucking everything. Coding is about the only thing it does that doesnt worry me much because of the soyboys running it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
It would be better than this post.
and thats how we'll recognize real human text - machine text will be uniformly high quality.

For a time thats how the few remaining humans will recognize each other in the AI text dystopia.

until the machines learn how to shitpost, then God help us all.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1673754376528.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 6 users