Cheap Meals: Eating on a budget.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They don't carry those at my store unfortunately. I can just get some of the mandu, mini wontons, and fried rice.
A few of the Costcos around here carry them. But we can always go to one of the Korean markets too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A few of the Costcos around here carry them. But we can always go to one of the Korean markets too.
theres a hubbub over some costcos that carry their riceballs
435024f6c729c20cfc53dea800bdea21.png

my wife and i thought it was alright, i wouldn't buy it again but i've seen asians go crazy over them

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Making a huge batch of bean and cheese burritos then freezing them is by far my favorite cheap meal.

I do this all the time even now. Heat em up in the pan or microwave, add some sour cream and its amazing. I make super spicy refried black beans with thai peppers and its great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've always made burritos by heating the filling first and then rolling them and eating them. I recently noticed that if you are making them with refried beans it's easier to roll them with the contents cold and then warm up the whole burrito. Probably not a big secret but it took me a long time to discover.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Refried beans with hot sauce and an over easy egg.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i just bought a can of refried beans for tacos it was 3bucks

2lbs of kroger pinto beans is 3bucks, if we're just going by 12oz cans it's gotta be at least 4-5 cans from that bag

my non illegal mexican friend says she is legit in recipes

• 4Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Fwiw you guys should try making your own corn tortillas if you haven't. After 3 or 4 times doing it, it only takes me a few minutes to make fresh tortillas now. And they're so much better.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
theres a hubbub over some costcos that carry their riceballs
435024f6c729c20cfc53dea800bdea21.png

my wife and i thought it was alright, i wouldn't buy it again but i've seen asians go crazy over them
Asians or Koreans? If Koreans are losing their shit trying to get some I will definitely want to try some. Kimchi is pretty much a religion in Korea.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fwiw you guys should try making your own corn tortillas if you haven't. After 3 or 4 times doing it, it only takes me a few minutes to make fresh tortillas now. And they're so much better.
What are the ingredients aside from a bag of corn tortillas?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Prefer flour, but corn can be tasty...
Corn is way easier to make, though. Flour is a little bit of a bitch. Just enough to make it inconvenient when I just want to whip up something quick. It's easy to over knead the wheat flour.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Corn is way easier to make, though. Flour is a little bit of a bitch. Just enough to make it inconvenient when I just want to whip up something quick. It's easy to over knead the wheat flour.
Just growing up I like flour better than corn. Not that I won't eat either, but you can have your preference.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Not necessary when Costco has these for $9/36 count.
1711638077770.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Not necessary when Costco has these for $9/36 count.
View attachment 521833
You guys are crazy. I have a glass jar full of mazeca right next to the stove that I use to whip up tortillas. It takes minutes, and it's better than anything storebought. If it was more than a 5 minute effort, It would be something I rarely do. But it's so godamn easy and so much better than storebought shit that I'm kicking myself for not doing this decades ago.

I really only do high-effort cooking on Sundays (meal prep) or when my gf is visiting. I'd consider flour tortillas more effort than I want to put into it for weekdays, but corn tortillas are ezpz.

Alright, I'll get off my tortilla soapbox. Go try it, fuckers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys are crazy. I have a glass jar full of mazeca right next to the stove that I use to whip up tortillas. It takes minutes, and it's better than anything storebought. If it was more than a 5 minute effort, It would be something I rarely do. But it's so godamn easy and so much better than storebought shit that I'm kicking myself for not doing this decades ago.

I really only do high-effort cooking on Sundays (meal prep) or when my gf is visiting. I'd consider flour tortillas more effort than I want to put into it for weekdays, but corn tortillas are ezpz.

Alright, I'll get off my tortilla soapbox. Go try it, fuckers.
I need my authentic brown skinned walk through video.

Also another flower or busy guy, but id believe home corn could be better enough to enjoy.

I used to like making these ground hominy / corn muffins filled with butter cinnamon and honey, just one of those things you don't make for a few months and next thing you know forgot how you used to do it.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you guys try it, definitely get a $20 or $30 tortilla press from amazon. I haven't had good luck with hand pressing them myself, but I haven't tried since I first started doing it. It'd be even faster if I didn't use the press. Maybe I'll give hand-pressing another go this weekend.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you want to try it without buying the press first...

• 2Like