Cheated out of my youth

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
28537040-8331835-image-a-26_1589817338952.jpg

Her looks caught my attention, but wow - what a trashy, fucked up situation. If anything, the boy sounds like the more mature one.

Married female nursery worker, 20, is jailed for 30 months for having sex with 13-year-old boy and having his baby

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
View attachment 271279

Her looks caught my attention, but wow - what a trashy, fucked up situation. If anything, the boy sounds like the more mature one.

Married female nursery worker, 20, is jailed for 30 months for having sex with 13-year-old boy and having his baby

What's up with the sentencing disparities though. Anyone got time to look into this?

On March 22, 2018 Brittany Zamora was arrested in Goodyear, Arizona. A sixth-grade teacher at the time of her arrest, Zamora currently resides at the Arizona Department of Corrections Perryville Complex in Santa Cruz Unit I, where she is serving a twenty-year sentence for sexual molestation of a minor: one of her thirteen-year-old students. Zamora’s grooming and abuse of the victim emerged when the 13-year-old’s mother received a series of alerts from a monitoring app "Sentry Parental Control" she had installed on her son’s cell phone with his knowledge. Zamora and her sixth-grade student had been exchanging flirtatious as well as overtly sexual messages on Instagram and Snapchat, all of which had been saved by the monitoring app — despite Zamora having deleted the messages immediately after sending them. When the victim’s parents confronted their 13-year-old, he told his parents everything. Zamora had performed oral sex on him in her classroom and in her car a total of three times, and they had intercourse on three occasions, at least one time in their classroom — with one of the victim's friends posted as a lookout. Zamora had also shared nude photos with the victim, who had reciprocated. After learning what was going on, the 13-year-old’s parents notified the school principal, who in turn called the police. Zamora was arrested shortly thereafter. On July 12, 2019, Zamora was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Her release date as a sexual offender is currently scheduled for March 16, 2038. After her sentencing hearing, Zamora's attorney suggested that the 13-year-old student was not blameless in their encounters. And, in fact, read without information about relative age and position of authority, the messages exchanged paint an undeniably two-sided picture. Zamora attorney Belen Olmedo Guerra stated, "Brittany is not a predator. This was not between a young child and Brittany. This was a teenager." And his sixth-grade teacher. Context matters.

Why 20 years on a plea deal? Why plead if its going to be 20 years? That seems like the maximum sentence, so something seems unconstitutional here.

If she was given bad legal advice her due process is violated. You don't plea to a maximum sentence where I come from unless you have been manipulated or lied to.

Why did she receive this sentence?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What's up with the sentencing disparities though. Anyone got time to look into this?

Why 20 years on a plea deal? Why plead if its going to be 20 years? That seems like the maximum sentence, so something seems unconstitutional here.

If she was given bad legal advice her due process is violated. You don't plea to a maximum sentence where I come from unless you have been manipulated or lied to.

Why did she receive this sentence?

In general the pretty ones get less time. The thing about plea deals is that you're just pleading guilty so the prosecutor will recommend a lighter sentence. The judge can still do whatever the fuck they want. AFAIK, you have no recourse if the judge doesn't accept the prosecutor's recommendation. But they usually do because otherwise no one would ever do plea deals. I've never read an actual plea deal so I don't know what all of that means. It might be boiler-plate shit. Hopefully one of our lawyers will weigh in.

Who was the judge? I'm betting it was an ugly woman potentially with a 13 year old son.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
she seems nice, she looks pretty cute, but... i don't know man... she was involved in a sexual relationship with her 13 year old student.

do you guys remember that movie "Species" where natasha henstridge is an alien who wants to breed with some american douchebag? she walks up to one guy and they start kissing and then immediately gets turned off and sort of walks away because she senses there's something wrong with him? i think he ends up having diabetes or something?

that's how i feel about these girls sleeping with their students.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In general the pretty ones get less time. The thing about plea deals is that you're just pleading guilty so the prosecutor will recommend a lighter sentence. The judge can still do whatever the fuck they want. AFAIK, you have no recourse if the judge doesn't accept the prosecutor's recommendation. But they usually do because otherwise no one would ever do plea deals. I've never read an actual plea deal so I don't know what all of that means. It might be boiler-plate shit. Hopefully one of our lawyers will weigh in.

Who was the judge? I'm betting it was an ugly woman potentially with a 13 year old son.

Here's the deal tho, and more to support my assertion.

Part of the plea deal was to forgo the possibility of parole. That's a solid 20 years. Maximum sentence is 27 years.

If they knew the prosecutor was recommending 27, which they did, and that even 20 would be lenient then you take it to trial because of the no-parole stipulation of the plea agreement.

Parole in Arizona can be granted after 50% and 75% of a sentence has been served. Let's say you go to trial and you get 20 years probably, because let's face it, I doubt she goes to trial and gets the maximum sentence, that's a far better beat than 20 years without the possibility of parole.

Even if she goes to trial and gets the maximum sentence of 27 years somehow, that's still a better beat because she has a good chance of parole I would think. Does anyone really believe she wouldn't be paroled?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Here's the deal tho, and more to support my assertion.

Part of the plea deal was to forgo the possibility of parole. That's a solid 20 years. Maximum sentence is 27 years.

If they knew the prosecutor was recommending 27, which they did, and that even 20 would be lenient then you take it to trial because of the no-parole stipulation of the plea agreement.

Parole in Arizona can be granted after 50% and 75% of a sentence has been served. Let's say you go to trial and you get 20 years probably, because let's face it, I doubt she goes to trial and gets the maximum sentence, that's a far better beat than 20 years without the possibility of parole.

Even if she goes to trial and gets the maximum sentence of 27 years somehow, that's still a better beat because she has a good chance of parole I would think. Does anyone really believe she wouldn't be paroled?
What I'm trying to say is that we don't know what deal she expected. Did that paper say what the prosecutor would recommend? If it did, I missed it. I'd like to hear from an attorney if that actually means she knew she was agreeing to 20 years of no probation because I agree it would be dumb to take that. I've heard somewhere that the thing you sign always has maximum penalties. Basically you're pleading guilty and throwing yourself on the mercy of the court with an agreement that the prosecutor will recommend something less. I think the judge ignored the prosecutor's recommendation. The only other answer is that she felt extreme guilt in which case she should be on suicide watch.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The prosecutor recommended 27 years I think, but unknown if that was in the plea on paper that they would recommend 27. Ill re-read the coverage to make sure but im 99% sure i read they sought a max sentence.

Edit: Yeah they wanted maximum sentence and asked judge for max.

its a dogshit plea for parole reason, as well as forgoing all your appeals, as well as being able to present the full facts of the case to a judge and the court, where the judge might come down to 10, 15 years even if the prosecutor makes an argument for 27 (which is life).

It's terrible legal strategy to plea to such a high sentence unless facing significantly more years.

Looks like injustice to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
These cases always leave me feeling like a hypocrite. First, if it was a man, they’d absolutely get the hammer dropped, so these women deserve that. We’re equal remember?

but then you can plainly see we’re wasting the prime of some hot pieces of ass in prison when she’s clearly dtf and could grow into a hot cougar too.

conundrums.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't get how she could think she could conceal her crime though.

You know who I am telling if I bang the hot teacher when I am 15?

Literally everyone.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
These cases always leave me feeling like a hypocrite. First, if it was a man, they’d absolutely get the hammer dropped, so these women deserve that. We’re equal remember?

but then you can plainly see we’re wasting the prime of some hot pieces of ass in prison when she’s clearly dtf and could grow into a hot cougar too.

conundrums.

I'm a chauvinist. No hypocritical feelings for me.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

conundrums.
What really surprises me about is that we don't hear more about male teachers with female students. Girls mature faster so hit that attractive age earlier. You'd think it would go the opposite way, I don't really get it.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I think it legitimately doesn't happen as often because we've been against it as a society for so long. Looking for it and running it out of the profession. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the male teachers who abuse students abuse male students.

Also, what's the % of male teachers? Like 10%?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When I was 17-18 trying to figure out what I wanted to do after high school, I briefly considered being a teacher. However, I knew that I very likely wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation of an enthusiastic female student with loose morals and a desire for good grades... so I joined the army instead.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users