Check out this GREAT DEAL! Thread.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
28d 14h 54m
You like to buy a lot of shit, lol.

I love my 27" IPS Monoprice monitor, it's not 144z but it was a huge upgrade from my 20" LED I had.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
21d 13h 43m
You like to buy a lot of shit, lol.

I love my 27" IPS Monoprice monitor, it's not 144z but it was a huge upgrade from my 20" LED I had.
I actually return most of the things I buy...I only keep the hot shit!

• Worf
Reactions: Hekotat

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
28d 14h 54m
I actually return most of the things I buy...I only keep the hot shit!
We need a thread on this process and an update everytime you buy and return something. Let me know when you're ready to buy and return some Pantheon Alpha keys!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
21d 13h 43m
Sprint offering UNLIMITED plan for 15 bucks a month.

Your phone must qualify (It won't). Unless it's an iPhone or a newer Samsung. You will have to buy one of theirs. Or get one that does qualify.

They will run a credit check of course.

Unlimited Kickstart

Last edited:
Reactions: slippery

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
19d 2h 12m
Sprint offering UNLIMITED plan for 15 bucks a month.

Your phone must qualify (It won't). Unless it's an iPhone or a newer Samsung. You will have to buy one of theirs. Or get one that does qualify.

They will run a credit check of course.

Unlimited Kickstart
What am I missing here that makes this not worth it? I have an unlocked moto g5+ (it's on the list) with Metro PCS right now (the $40 plan) so I'm tempted to switch. I feel like I'm missing something though. Is there like a 2 year contract and price jump after a year or something?

sleevedraw

Arcade Gannon
What am I missing here that makes this not worth it? I have an unlocked moto g5+ (it's on the list) with Metro PCS right now (the $40 plan) so I'm tempted to switch. I feel like I'm missing something though. Is there like a 2 year contract and price jump after a year or something?
Heavily throttled data. Video is capped to 480p, music streams to ~500kbps, gaming streams to 2Mbps, and "data deprioritization during congestion", meaning they can throttle you more if they are congested.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
19d 2h 12m
Heavily throttled data. Video is capped to 480p, music streams to ~500kbps, gaming streams to 2Mbps, and "data deprioritization during congestion", meaning they can throttle you more if they are congested.
I really only use my phone to browse the forums and reddit, and chat on discord at work. I mostly listen to spotify offline or listen to audiobooks on audible while driving. None of that really means anything to me right?

This seems like something I should go to. Any idea on what kind of taxes/fees there are? I'm assuming not more than like $2-3?

sleevedraw

Arcade Gannon
Taxes are charged on a state/local basis, so it'll vary by area. I pay around $5.50/mo in tax+fees (Consumer Cellular, IL).
Fees, don't know, not a Sprint customer, and I don't really see any clear indication on the site.

I don't know how much data Discord eats. Depends on whether you are in a room with audio or not. Probably minimal if text-only, more if audio is involved.
I would think it would be fine for audiobooks; I bought a few MP3s from Amazon a few years back, and they normally encoded with a variable-rate MP3 that ran somewhere between 200-300 Kbps.

Other caveat: You also have to factor in the value of a hard pull on your credit report if you are planning on applying for a mortgage or any other credit in the near future.

For someone who hates phones, as I do, it seems to be a good deal. Half the price of what I'm paying with CC, and that's already a pretty good price. CC does have very good customer service, though, so I would be giving that up.

Last edited: