Check out this GREAT DEAL! Thread.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You like to buy a lot of shit, lol.

I love my 27" IPS Monoprice monitor, it's not 144z but it was a huge upgrade from my 20" LED I had.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You like to buy a lot of shit, lol.

I love my 27" IPS Monoprice monitor, it's not 144z but it was a huge upgrade from my 20" LED I had.

I actually return most of the things I buy...I only keep the hot shit!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I actually return most of the things I buy...I only keep the hot shit!

We need a thread on this process and an update everytime you buy and return something. Let me know when you're ready to buy and return some Pantheon Alpha keys!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
We need a thread on this process and an update everytime you buy and return something. Let me know when you're ready to buy and return some Pantheon Alpha keys!

LOL...OK.

aaaa.gif

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sprint offering UNLIMITED plan for 15 bucks a month.

Your phone must qualify (It won't). Unless it's an iPhone or a newer Samsung. You will have to buy one of theirs. Or get one that does qualify.

They will run a credit check of course.

Unlimited Kickstart

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Sprint offering UNLIMITED plan for 15 bucks a month.

Your phone must qualify (It won't). Unless it's an iPhone or a newer Samsung. You will have to buy one of theirs. Or get one that does qualify.

They will run a credit check of course.

Unlimited Kickstart
What am I missing here that makes this not worth it? I have an unlocked moto g5+ (it's on the list) with Metro PCS right now (the $40 plan) so I'm tempted to switch. I feel like I'm missing something though. Is there like a 2 year contract and price jump after a year or something?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
What am I missing here that makes this not worth it? I have an unlocked moto g5+ (it's on the list) with Metro PCS right now (the $40 plan) so I'm tempted to switch. I feel like I'm missing something though. Is there like a 2 year contract and price jump after a year or something?

Heavily throttled data. Video is capped to 480p, music streams to ~500kbps, gaming streams to 2Mbps, and "data deprioritization during congestion", meaning they can throttle you more if they are congested.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Heavily throttled data. Video is capped to 480p, music streams to ~500kbps, gaming streams to 2Mbps, and "data deprioritization during congestion", meaning they can throttle you more if they are congested.
I really only use my phone to browse the forums and reddit, and chat on discord at work. I mostly listen to spotify offline or listen to audiobooks on audible while driving. None of that really means anything to me right?

This seems like something I should go to. Any idea on what kind of taxes/fees there are? I'm assuming not more than like $2-3?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Taxes are charged on a state/local basis, so it'll vary by area. I pay around $5.50/mo in tax+fees (Consumer Cellular, IL).
Fees, don't know, not a Sprint customer, and I don't really see any clear indication on the site.

I don't know how much data Discord eats. Depends on whether you are in a room with audio or not. Probably minimal if text-only, more if audio is involved.
I would think it would be fine for audiobooks; I bought a few MP3s from Amazon a few years back, and they normally encoded with a variable-rate MP3 that ran somewhere between 200-300 Kbps.

Other caveat: You also have to factor in the value of a hard pull on your credit report if you are planning on applying for a mortgage or any other credit in the near future.

For someone who hates phones, as I do, it seems to be a good deal. Half the price of what I'm paying with CC, and that's already a pretty good price. CC does have very good customer service, though, so I would be giving that up.

Last edited: