Chef (2014)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So after talking about Roy Choi in the Corona thread, it made me interested in watching this movie again. It's "kind of" Roy's story. And he also directed Favreau on everything he needed to do to make all of the cooking scenes authentic. And he had Favreau make a great Grilled Cheese sandwich, just like I described in the other thread. This movie is great though. It really makes me wish I knew how to cook. Everything looks incredible. And the story is good as well. I like how Fav (the actual writer & director of the movie) gives himself Scar Jo as a random hookup on top of the incredibly hot cuban wife. Good on him.

From the Corona thread:
It's all about Roy Choi's Grilled Cheese. He's the master. Olive oil (for the pan), sourdough bread, butter & 4 different cheeses. White and Yellow cheddar, Monterey Jack & Mozzarella. The 4 different cheeses make it great as they each bring a different texture and melt temperature into the mix. And the combined flavor is legendary.

This video shows the rough idea. It's using white bread instead of sourdough. Also, you could swap out the butter with mayo. That'll brown the bread real well. It's all about flavor, and cooking the mayo removes the mayo flavor. Just makes the bread excellent.

Pops

Fat, awkward chefs get Sofia Vergara AND Scarlett Johansson ? Come the Johnny53 on.
Mario-Batali-American-chef-television-personality-2017.jpg

They do when they write the checks.

Kiki

Log Wizard
season 3 of the netflix show is out. Seth rogan and wolfgang puck, etc. Good shit. I've learned to just throw everything in the vitamix.