Chernobyl

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Haven't watched the HBO one yet, I saw this docu years ago and it kicked ass, the footage is excellent.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Successful troll attempt.

The wiki fucked me up though, I didnt know they dont count the ep until it airs.

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
first 15minutes boring as fuck, watch the series.

I mean they show all contemporary stuff like the footage where people had to go clear nuclear waste with their hands, I find that highly dramatic and interesting i've always been into non fiction way more than fiction, Just wondering how accurate the hbo show is

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean they show the footage where people had to go clear nuclear waste with their hands. how accurate is this new show supposed to be? is it dramatized?
of the 15minutes that i watched it seems to be follow it, w/ a better flow, and w/ less gorbachev blaming everyone else every 5 minutes.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you listen to the podcasts, almost everything you see actually happened.

More than 3000 men cleared irradiated debris by hand. They all received a lifetime dose or greater being up there for just 90 seconds. They were all sent home after that specific task.

Radiation is gnarly. It makes me want to go play Fallout again.

What's insane is the corium that developed as a result of the disaster, deposited in the ground under reactor building 4, was so lethal in 1986, you would receive a fatal dose standing within a couple feet of it in just THREE seconds.

I wonder how horrifying the results of someone just STAYING next to a corium deposit would be? In pretty much every ARS event, the victim spent short periods of time in that initial contact scenario. (and most still die awful deaths weeks later)

What would happen to a person if they just camped next to it? They would probably start to fall apart in real time, would be one of the most haunting things a human being could ever think of experiencing.

Imagine sentencing someone to die by making them camp a corium deposit.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you listen to the podcasts, almost everything you see actually happened.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean they show all contemporary stuff like the footage where people had to go clear nuclear waste with their hands, I find that highly dramatic and interesting i've always been into non fiction way more than fiction, Just wondering how accurate the hbo show is

From what I've read most of the stuff that has happened in the HBO show really did happen. There are scenes for dramatization (like probably the conversation towards the end of last episode where they are talking about how the accident actually happened) but the events are all real.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah fuck fallout - Stalker really nailed this setting. And if you decide to play it with the misery mod it's very very challenging.