Chernobyl

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess Russia doesn't believe in putting people out of their misery too. I'd be begging them to put me under. They pain they were in had to be insane.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Chernobyl
Open Wide, O Earth
Season: 1
Episode: 3
Air date: 2019-05-20

Lyudmilla Ignatenko, a Pripyat resident, ignores warning about her firefighter husband's contamination. Valery Legasov lays out a decontamination plan, complete with human risks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The boss miner was great. I wonder how realistic the people dying in the hospital were. That was pretty terrible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the hospital stuff is pretty spot on. Dying from lethal radiation is supposed to be very, very painful and you take forever to die.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
As we'll likely see in the next episodes some of those guys did recover but at some point you have to think euthanization is the more humane option.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So ya...boss miner was good. He made the show. Sounds like death by radiation is just terrible. Your body just turns to goop. Just kill them.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The makeup effects on the guys in the hospital were amazing. Just put a fucking bullet in me if it comes to that. WTF...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Another great episode. They manage to fit so many different interesting elements to the situation in a brief amount of time, and everything is just incredibly haunting.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
She's already been typecast as an extra trying to save a kid.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Even if it had not reached peak catastrophe there is no denying a lot of really brave russians died horribly to stop the disaster from becoming worse than it was. There were a lot of fuck ups leading up to the event but when the bill came due they paid it.

That's what strikes me most when watching this. It pisses me off how incompetent they were to allow it to happen, but I respect the hell out of them for doing everything it took to correct the wrongs. Honestly, if it happened in America, I don't think we'd react in the same way. Russia had the system in place to tell people "you're doing this right now, no questions". Feel America would spend so much time deliberating the stream explosion would have gone off. Let alone getting the miners involved on such short notice.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I was kinda stoked to see James Cosmo (Lord Commander Mormont) as one of the miners, it was nice to be reminded GoT was good once.

• 2Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I was kinda stoked to see James Cosmo (Lord Commander Mormont) as one of the miners, it was nice to be reminded GoT was good once.

Chris Finch/Dagmer/Ralph Ineson is one of the military dudes at the table with Gorbachev.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Even if it had not reached peak catastrophe there is no denying a lot of really brave russians died horribly to stop the disaster from becoming worse than it was. There were a lot of fuck ups leading up to the event but when the bill came due they paid it.

Same thing happened in Japan, there was no question that the workers were going to stay and do what they could to mitigate. And the people interviewed and asked about it were very "its their job, of course they should". The general public did not bat a eye or seem over impressed, they expected it of them. Very duty oriented society.