Chicago + New York

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm going to push Brooklyn Fare again because I didn't get to eat there, but a friend from work has eaten at every 3 star restaurant in NYC and he prefers Brooklyn Fare. FYI the concierge at Amex told me that they book about 6 weeks in advance. Also it's pretty reasonable at $225 for a 3 star restaurant.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...D5iI0tCZQt8O/1
6. BROOKLYN FARE 200 SCHERMERHORN STREET

"It has three Michelin stars, one of the best restaurants in the world. It's a tasting menu. Fifteen or 16 small courses. A lot of seafood flown in from Japan. Of incredible rarity and deliciousness."

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
You must be a hipster.

(That said, fuck best Brunch I ever had was in Brooklyn)
Definitely not a hipster but I do like the feel of Brooklyn restaurants much better. Something about Manhattan restaurants feels over produced. Though I was about 40/60 on Manhattan vs Brooklyn eating spots.

Some other places for cocktails after dinner are Angel's Share, Silver Lining, Death + Company, and Little Branch. Be prepared to spend at all of the aforementioned places. Please Don't Tell (PDT) is another sort of fake speak easy at Crif Dogs. You access it through a phone booth which is sort of cool, but you'll probably need a reservation. ACE Bar is a pretty cool place with ski ball and pool tables, but it is packed. Greenwhich Village Country Club is also really fun. It's on the covered roof of Bowlmor by Union Square and has a little club, mini-golf, beer pong, and pool tables, but is only open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday I believe.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Alinea, EL, TRU, Grace, Schwa, Goosefoot, Elizabeth would all be considered super high end.

Alinea does tickets for reservations now, but like I said, if you are a chef, they usually will get you in if you call far enough in advance.
I looked into Alinea, I'm all for new things and molecular gastronomy but the whole thing seems very gimiccky. I'm a bigger fan of honest, rustic well executed food then a Lightning/Bunson Burner/Chemical Explosion.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've actually been to the Morimoto in Napa Valley when I went last year, is the NY one similar?
Actually haven't been there. If I were a Chef, his restaurant would be on my bucket list. Looks like he's off your list though..

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I could eat anywhere in New York it would probably be Per Se or maybe Eleven Madison Park, but I'm not very informed on the NYC dining scene.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Tossing out some ideas for "fast" food in NYC:

Shake Shack - it's a chain now but still pretty good for a cheap burger. Original at Madison Sq. Park
Bonchon - good Korean fried chicken - also a chain now. Original in Ktown.
I always stop at a Gray's Papaya/Papaya Dog for a mystery meat hotdog and "nutritious" papaya drink too

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is Per Se insanely fancy? To the point where you can't relax and enjoy yourself?

My Ad Hoc at Home book is staring at me saying "I'm more your style, bro".

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
If $300 for a 9 course tasting menu and jackets required is fancy... then yes it is. I think I'm going to wing it.

Any suggestions on Hostels or places to stay/Visit? Im sure ill see most of the tourist shit in NY but I wanna get into some trouble in CHI as well.