Chicago

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Gonna be in Chicago November 7-11 with 6-10 buds for a stag. Looking for recommendations on best places to stay, eat, drink and waste money on naked women. We're going to a Bears and Hawks game on the Sunday, gonna be a long day. I doubt we'll do much "culture", but feel free to suggest any can't miss things we should see while hungover in the mornings and early afternoons.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Araysar will be your tour-guide. Just get him high in return.

I hope you don't mind me speaking for you, Araysar.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wrigleyville. Always a fun spot to hang out. Tons of spots to drink and eat. You've got to get some Chicago pizza. My favorite is Giordano's, but there are many others almost as good. Except Lou Malnati's. Place is very overrated.

Some friends and I were in Chicago and we got really stoned and went to the planetarium - which is by Soldier Field along with the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium. I know you're not looking for culture, but the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium are badass.

Avoid the south side.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have hook-ups for tickets to those Hawks/Bears games? Or a suggestion other than getting fucked on Stubhub?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as tickets are concerned, there are a lot of other resellers like Gold Coast Tickets, Front Row Tickets or something, You Sit On Glass Tickets, I have no clue... there are so many of them. But be prepared to pay through the ass for Bears tickets. I think we have the highest average ticket price in the NFL. And the Blackhawks are like 90% fair weather fans now who can't name a player other than Kane or Toews. Only good thing is lots of women dress up like they are going to the club when they go to the games so for a bunch of guys you might like this.

Wrigleyville is cool if you are into the frat dude scene. It will be pretty boring (aka not a lot of chicks) in November because baseball season is over.

There is literally nothing around Soldier Field except the Field Museum and Planetarium and McCormick Place so don't plan on doing anything near there after the game. If you guys are exceptionally social, get there early, like 8 A.M. for a noon start (which that game is) and bring a rolling cooler with beers. Walk around the Waldron parking deck and try to make friends with people to score food or trade beer for food. It might be too cold to do this but tailgating is the shit there.

There is also not much around the United Center. The immediate area is beginning to become more gentrified but west of there is literally the west side aka almost as bad as the south side of Chicago. Your best bet is to head back into the downtown area but east down Madison Street towards downtown has some bars and restaurants.

River North is the very clubby and trendy area which is probably where you'll stay since it's the heart of the action. You really can't go wrong with any hotels and shouldn't overpay for something that isn't just a Holiday Inn or Doubletree or whatever unless you get a really good deal via Priceline or whatever.

The best pizza is Lou Malnati's. Get the butter crust on whatever pizza you order. Don't let anyone send you to Giordano's or Gino's East or anywhere else (but Pizano's is decent in a pinch). For steakhouses my favorite is David Burke's Primehouse in the James Hotel. If you are staying on or near Michigan Ave, consider The Purple Pig. Great food.

Randolph Street in the West Loop is where all the hottest and newest restaurants are. For a group of guys I would definitely check out The Publican. They have a great brunch too if you're into that, but dinner is where it's at.

Anything else specific I can try to answer just let me know.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hit up the Tilted Kilt. It's a shitty chain. It's basically a scottish version of hooters.

Actually forget I posted that. Don't hit it up.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Wrigleyville is a solid suggestion.

Chicago in general is fucking awesome as hell. That is all. Enjoy bros, enjoy.

Everyone is going to tell you the best pizza place to go to and only that one and why all the rest suck.

They're all fucking dumb, know why? Because you should eat pizza from ALL of those places, that's why. DO IT.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pizza my ass you are supposed to hit up greek town and enjoy some tasty gyros.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Eyashusa_sl said:
There is literally nothing around Soldier Field except the Field Museum and Planetarium and McCormick Place so don't plan on doing anything near there after the game. If you guys are exceptionally social, get there early, like 8 A.M. for a noon start (which that game is) and bring a rolling cooler with beers. Walk around the Waldron parking deck and try to make friends with people to score food or trade beer for food. It might be too cold to do this but tailgating is the shit there.
Good call on the rolling cooler. We've been to a Cards and Chargers game in the past two Brovembers and yeah, generally tailgating is the funnest part. We show up in Oilers jerseys and make a couple dozen friends while drinking their beer and eating their food. Good times.

River North is the very clubby and trendy area which is probably where you'll stay since it's the heart of the action. You really can't go wrong with any hotels and shouldn't overpay for something that isn't just a Holiday Inn or Doubletree or whatever unless you get a really good deal via Priceline or whatever.
I believe we rented a condo on the SW corner of Grant Park, so that should be a pretty prime location no?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will pass them along to the group. I'm pumped for this trip, I've heard great things about Chicago and the last couple Brovembers have been great times.

Most importantly though, no one has suggested the best strip clubs. Help a brother out.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I believe we rented a condo on the SW corner of Grant Park, so that should be a pretty prime location no?
Very prime. Going to be very easy to get around using public transit there. Right next to the loop.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah SW corner of Grant Park is not a bad spot.

I actually don't know any strip clubs in Chicago except the Admiral Theater and it's nowhere near downtown. All the ones I've ever gone to have been in the suburbs.

Chicago is great. Beer can be found, places don't close til 4AM, and it's cheap compared to other big cities like NYC and LA

Definitely second Portillo's for hot dogs and Giordano's for pizza. Can't go wrong with those suggestions

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Going to a strip club in Chicago is just not a good idea. I'm sure there are some amazing clubs their, but there's so much trim in Chicago even your lamest bro can pull down a 6 or 7. Chicago's a really popular spot for post grad's to live and work so everyone still parties like it's college. I lived there for about 2 years and had to leave my dick was turning in a petri dish from all the random strange.

Recommendations: stay up north in Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park, or Bucktown. Just check out Yelp for places to go you will not be disappointed. There are some really good hole in the wall sushi spots. Giordano's.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
If your southwest of Grant Park the two closes strip joints are

VIP'S: Chicago's Finest Adult Entertainment, VIPSNear north side, expensive as shit

Pink Monkey Chicago | 750 South Clinton Avenue, Chicago IL | Upscale Adult Entertainment ClubNear south side, must be a new place but sure its pricey as well.

Strip joins in Chicago are a bitch. The ladies are hot but they wear pasty things on their nipples, your going to be paying $10.00 + just for a shitty domestic beer, and lap dances will cost you a months rent.

If your into music go toChicago Reader | Music & Nightlife - Shows, Concerts, Nightlife, Music Reviews, Previews, and Criticismto see whats playing. If your into blues go to B.L.U.E.S on Halsted or you are close to Buddy Guy's place. Blues Chicago isnt bad either.

You can find great beer everywhere now but the Map Room and Hopleaf are by far the leading beer bars though both are on the North Side. You can also hit the Revolution restaurant brewery, Half Acre Tap room, or Goose Island Brew restaurant. Again all on the north west / north side.

Far as tickets stubhub or gold coast tickets. Buy them asap is my advice.

Food, every neighborhood has great food options so you are fine no matter where you go.