Child of Light Ubisoft "jrpg" x-platform.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
10hours for a high quality game and that price tag is more than fine. Maybe it won't be a high quality game but I don't know, looks pretty good.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Ohh, Wikipedia had the 29th, the PS store says "Out now" for the PS3:http://us.playstation.com/games/child-of-light-ps3.html

I added it to my calendar based on the PS store's release date, but I can't find the PS4 version in the store anymore to confirm. The official website says the 30th. Odd... I guess it'll be tomorrow.

edit: found it again, says April 29:https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/child-of-light/cid=UP0001-CUSA00339_00-CHILDOFLIGHT0001?smcid=pdc dc-games-detail-child-of-light re-order-download:child-of-light-ps4:up0001-cusa00339_00-childoflight0001

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
For some reason, I can't buy this on the PS Store. Says I'm not eligible to purchase or download this content. How annoying.

I'll try again later today. Wouldn't be the first time that Sony has something wired wrong. It currently shows as purchasable for both PS3 and PS4, though.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Honestly, I don't understand the PS Store. Each time I click a link, it takes half a minute to load the next page. The search function is horrible. The URLs are ridiculously long/messy.

I'm really enjoying my PS4, but this is ridiculous. This shouldn't be so hard... Steam and Xbox Live manage just fine, as do a gazillion online retailers.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I have it downloaded for the ps4, but then again, I had it preordered. It came up for me at around 12:30am est. It was definitely an odd process. When it came up, I had to go to the psn and "repurchase" it again for free. After that, it started downloading.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Thanks -- I could now repurchase it for $0 as well. How weird. It's downloading now -- is it also playable or does it just pre-download?

Siliconemelons

Got a perfect review score on RPGamer.com 5 of 5... they rarely hand them out- top notch games fall in the 4-4.5 range.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm curious as to why the PS3 has an earlier download/start date vs. Steam if that is the case?
Release dates for PSN are tied to when they do their weekly updates while steam might follow something else, don't know.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
Got a perfect review score on RPGamer.com 5 of 5... they rarely hand them out- top notch games fall in the 4-4.5 range.
It's been quite awhile since i've found myself actually counting down the hours until i get to play a new game. Good to know it will probably be worth it.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
This game is beautiful. The narration style really reminds me of Braid.

Picked up the soundtrack as well; the only negative thing I've heard about it was that the game pretty much goes as you'd expect it too.

Combat is awesome; really just a lot of cool things to it.

Also, if they said uplay wasn't necessary for it, I couldn't figure out a way to make it run only through Steam. Clicking it from the steam window launches uplay, and all of my achievements are through uplay, not the steam dashboard.

Still worth it but christ I hate uplay. I bought the game, and steam made me update, which then bugged out the download. Reinstalled steam, got the download working, the game launched uplay, and what do you know: I hadn't updated uplay since the last time I'd played Black Flag. Soo had to sit through another update.

Eff uplay.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This game is absolutely worth it. Picked it up for the PS4, that way I can remote play it through the Vita as well. Best part about this: Unlike everything else I've played through remote play, it actually knows you're on a Vita and immediately tells you what controls do what now that you aren't using a DS4 anymore.

The gameplay is fluid, the battle system is decent, the music and art are incredible. Best of all, it isn't damn near $100.