Poll Chipotle vs Moes - why does one suck shit while the other is great?

Which one?

• Chipotle

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Moes

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • This poll made me shit my pants

Votes: 37 41.1%

• Total voters

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
La Bamba >>>>>> Qdoba > Moes > Taco Bell > Chipotle.

I prefer Qdoba to Moe's and Chipotle as well.

La Bamba I've been to once at 4 in the morning over a decade ago, don't remember how the food tasted, but there was a lot of it. Burritos as big as your head. I didn't realize La Bamba had more than just the one restaurant in Louisville.

The only thing I ever got at Chipotle was the chorizo, and the last time I went they no longer served it. Haven't been back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Qdoba tacos are amazingly delicious but $3+ per taco is too pricey for my blood. Idk why there's so much Chipotle hate here. It's the kinda food you get exactly what you pay for and it's quick and simple mexi-american fare. I like it.

Also:

This poll made me shit my pants.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Pancheros are what used to be La Bamba before the falling out that split the business in half. La Bamba is what I devoured in high school / college and still miss horribly to this day. When the first one opened (that is the very first one) it was like a revelation.

Years later I came across Chipotle when they first did their national roll out (1999 ish) and really loved it, but yes the quality has suffered especially as some locations are much less dutiful in making the product. I have heard good things about Moe's, but the only ones I have ever been to were just awful. I suspect franchise variation has a lot to do with this...

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No way! <insert place nobody has heard of here> is way better than these two shithole!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Neither of these places have al pastor, this makes Jesuz sad.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Taco bell beats both of them. Why didn't you list the best burrito place, freebirds? Is it because they are so far outclassed by FB that they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence?

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Chipolte and Qboda charge for chips. Moe's does not therefore Moe's is superior.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
This thread is like virtue signaling but for food.

How many of you are regulars in the Fast Food thread?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Taco bell beats both of them. Why didn't you list the best burrito place, freebirds? Is it because they are so far outclassed by FB that they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence?
Isn't Freebirds a Texas chain? Ive never seen it anywhere but Houston.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Never seen a Moes but Chipotle is trash, the only time I'll go is when I get a free burrito coupon or the bring a friend one and still usually regret it.

Del Taco wins the best shitty mexican chain because they have French fries.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
What the fuck is a La Bamba’s or Pancheros? Haven’t heard of or seen either one in my travels. Fuck it, since we’re doing regional my votes for Chachos.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Panchero's mixes the ingredients up before weapping the tortilla, which soundsd better in theory, but in practice I didn't actually like as much. Just something about finding that occasional guac or sour cream pocket...

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Isn't Freebirds a Texas chain? Ive never seen it anywhere but Houston.

Didn't realize that. But come to think of it, I heard it started in College station. I saw them in austin too.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Chipotle was good before McDonald's bought them, and hasn't recouped after they went independent again. They used to have medium rare, delicious as fuck steak with fresh as fuck ingredients. Now it's just another hob knob fast food joint that's 50% more expensive than it needs to be and charges for fucking guac, then proceeds to be as stingy as Wing Stop is with extra sauces.

I love Moe's spicy beef soft tacos, everything else they have just blows out my asshole. The bowls are OK, but man, that cheese does something fucked up to my insides.

Those mentioning fucking Freebirds, really? The only good one is in Bryan College Station. One on Congress sucks, the one off Mopac sucks, one in Cedar Park sucks. I always have to drown my burrito in the sauce on the tables. Not sure what happened to all the local places. I keep trying the different locations hoping to find one that's good. It's like Whataburger, you gotta find the one with the oldest grill that has the ratchetiest black lady on the grill to make your burger right.

I also have Torchy's everywhere. I don't particularly like a lot of the tacos on the menu (the fish and shrimp sucks balls), but I am a big fan of the secret menu and modified breakfast options. As often as I ordered the hillbilly queso before it was added to the menu I'm surprised it wasn't named after me.

The Q'doba by my house shut down. While decent, it always seemed like I was eating sushi, in that I was hungry 30 minutes later, like the calories didn't absorb, which is probably true given the butt blasting usually incurred after a visit.

Taco Bell is a mainstay. Especially when you wanna eat cheap. Couple bean burritos or $5 lunch box. I hate paying for food and I don't really like wasting time eating. Win-win. My bowels handle it just fine if I don't add any packaged sauces.

• 1Like

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I regularly go to the Freebirds by University Blvd in Round Rock and the one by Parmer near the Dell campus and both were good. The Cedar Park ones suck. The one they opened near that Costco was a super disappointment.

I can see your reasoning for Taco Bell being on your list. The Crunchwrap and their Breakfast stuff is good.

Have you had the Taco Cabana breakfast Tacos? That's what people tell me are awesome for Fast Food breakfast tacos in the RR/Austin area.

Also I know this isn't exactly comparable, but has anyone tried Taco Deli in Austin? Normally when I talk to someone about Torchy's they say "Yeah Torchy's is good but it sucks compared to Taco Deli." I've only seen one though and it was pretty good but I don't think its a franchise like Torchy's is.