Poll Chipotle vs Moes - why does one suck shit while the other is great?

Which one?

• Chipotle

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Moes

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • This poll made me shit my pants

Votes: 37 41.1%

• Total voters

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno man, for me

Chipotle has amazing Guac, but they never give you enough of it and charge way to much for it, especially living in Florida.
Chipotle feels like it has the fresher pico and veggies, but it really doesn't have the option for more toppings (looking at you grilled onions and mushrooms, maybe some black olives and corn pico)
As far as meat goes they both kind of suck, but are acceptable enough that my fatass can stand it.

Unpopular opinion but I prefer the queso at chipotle but like the chips like 1000x more at Moes. In fact Chipotle probably has the worst chips I've ever had.

In the end they are both good enough to go to. If I'm really craving chips I'll go to Moes as they give you way more, they are better, and they have like 5 salsas. If I want a burrito bowl I'll usually go to chipotle as they seem a bit fresher.

Both are good enough. Both suck compared to Tijuana Flats

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I regularly go to the Freebirds by University Blvd in Round Rock and the one by Parmer near the Dell campus and both were good. The Cedar Park ones suck. The one they opened near that Costco was a super disappointment.

I can see your reasoning for Taco Bell being on your list. The Crunchwrap and their Breakfast stuff is good.

Have you had the Taco Cabana breakfast Tacos? That's what people tell me are awesome for Fast Food breakfast tacos in the RR/Austin area.

Also I know this isn't exactly comparable, but has anyone tried Taco Deli in Austin? Normally when I talk to someone about Torchy's they say "Yeah Torchy's is good but it sucks compared to Taco Deli." I've only seen one though and it was pretty good but I don't think its a franchise like Torchy's is.
I'll admit the one by Dell is pretty solid. Haven't been to the one near University. If I'm out that way I'll just go to Hopdoddy, though.

I only ever eat Taco C when I'm shithoused, and I'll get two enchiladas dinners to ensure a full serving of regret in the morning.

Moe's queso fuckin' sucks. I love white cheese, but theirs is like glue more than cheese. Kerby queso, Torchy's queso, Jardin Corona queso, so many better places.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Chipotle puts too many turds in their food for me.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I'll admit the one by Dell is pretty solid. Haven't been to the one near University. If I'm out that way I'll just go to Hopdoddy, though.

I only ever eat Taco C when I'm shithoused, and I'll get two enchiladas dinners to ensure a full serving of regret in the morning.

Moe's queso fuckin' sucks. I love white cheese, but theirs is like glue more than cheese. Kerby queso, Torchy's queso, Jardin Corona queso, so many better places.

Never had Kerby's Queso. I've only been there 1000 times for breakfast. I'll have to do lunch at some point and try it out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I dunno-- I sound like I'm being a downer, but they both kinda suck... So derivative. Kind of like McDonalds and hamburgers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a snob and there is definitely a place in my heart for fast food cuisine, but if you have the option to have any authentic tacos/burritos, then neither place is even close.

In fact, I think I would choose a food truck and risk Hepatitis A (oh wait, I'm vaccinated for that. Most people aren't though) rather than eat at either.

6589.jpg

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
For the difference between either, it ultimately boils down between access, availability, and convenience. I'd eat at Austin food trucks any day of the week, if only they were closer to where I actually live.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Speaking as someone who lives in Az both of those are utter lowest common denominator bland ass shit.
Don't eat at chains ya dolts.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

For everyone not in the Southeast or Cali, your options are usually limited lol

Best place near me is called Macho Taco (they do more authentic street food). But they're like 40min from where I work, so when the cafeteria has jackshit to eat, I usually end up driving to Moes.

I do agree Moes chips > Chipolte chips. The Chipolte chips aren't as fresh and they MASSIVELY oversalt the fucking things.

• 1Like

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Voted Moes, never been there or heard of them, but Chipotle is complete ass, so yeah.

Live in Tucson, AZ, which is a haven for amazing and cheap Mexican food, so don't do any of those crappy chains when we have stuff like Jason's, Los Betos, Taquerias and taco trucks on every damn corner.

• 2Solidarity

fris

Vyemm Raider
if you are going to counter a Moe's vs Chipotle w/ another location, you should at least propose something w/ at least a few locations. of course any single location, family owned, authentic, etc. etc. place is going to be better.

speaking of AZ, and believe me when i say i love my TexMex, at times I miss the way AZ does it. mostly the shredded meat vs. ground you typically find here.

• 2Like

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
if you are going to counter a Moe's vs Chipotle w/ another location, you should at least propose something w/ at least a few locations. of course any single location, family owned, authentic, etc. etc. place is going to be better.

I actually did go that route - Jason's Mexican has 2 trucks and 2 restaurant locations (definitely still family owned but growing and multiple locations), and Los Betos has a bunch of locations throughout Tucson (13 or so). And they do vary a bit in quality. The one two miles away is not as good as the one a mile away, so I luck out.

Not national chains, but also not sole establishment places. We've also got Nico's which is totally cheap and also good in a pinch (and a billion locations), and some ___ibertos locations down here (Rallibertos, Filibertos, etc) which are all connected somehow, and quite tasty.

We definitely consider ourselves lucky to live in Tucson, named a UNESCO World City of Gastronomy (only other city in the US to get that title is San Antonio), so we're blessed, and can seriously go to sooooo many damn places to get amazing food, and not just Mexican. Although I almost feel like we could go to a different Mexican/Sonoran place every day for a year and not repeat.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This was just one more thing that made me think “this isn’t fucking fair” while I was visiting Colorado.

96329385-9429-4A00-9369-C62DFAE68E18.jpeg

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Been craving chipotle but all my cardio! lol. I like chipotle's white rice better than moe's, and the chips too but if only chipotle had free chips as well. Qdoba is pretty good. I used to get it a lot but man look at those nutrition facts.. like 1k calories 124g carbs 42g fat 2410mg sodium 43g protein in the burrito i make. yeesh.

Chipotle — Nutrition Calculator

to think in high school we'd go there every lunch break senior year, that was the beginning of my fast-eating food skillz, gotta down a whole burrito and chips in 10 minutes of sitting down before i was late to class, took us 20 min to get there lol

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you go to Moes and tell them to put your buritto in a bowl, they give you about 2.5x as much food.

Now, it's not great food, but for 5 dollars on a Monday it's not a bad deal.

• 1Like