chrome or firefox?

Fadaar

That guy
Chrome is using ~511 K of memory and FF is using 659K. I don't understand your point.
Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fonts look so much worse in Firefox versus what they look like in Chrome and I can't figure out why or how to fix it. If I could fix it I would use FF but smaller fonts are just blurry as fuck and then darker fonts are like ultra-bold.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chrome is using ~511 K of memory and FF is using 659K. I don't understand your point.
7596 + 130700 + 19240 + 71248 + 129336 + 57900 + 8764 + 10808 + 6740 + 186256 = 628588

The point is Firefox with 9 tabs and a large Google doc open takes 659460 while Chrome with only two tabs open takes 628588.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fonts look so much worse in Firefox versus what they look like in Chrome and I can't figure out why or how to fix it. If I could fix it I would use FF but smaller fonts are just blurry as fuck and then darker fonts are like ultra-bold.
It's the aliasing differences between each browser. Chrome font rendering on Windows is notoriously bad due the the rendering library (skia) they use. In reality the font rendering in FF is closer to the actual font then what you see in chrome. Apparently the chromium devs are working getting text to render properly. Pretty soon both browsers will render fonts almost identically on Windows machines. The problem is largely irrelevant on gnome/unity/mac systems though.

Not sure why you are seeing blurry fonts in FF as it should actually be the other way around. If you are using windows it may be that your clear text settings are not set properly hence the reason you are seeing blurry fonts in FF but fine in Chrome.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
7596 + 130700 + 19240 + 71248 + 129336 + 57900 + 8764 + 10808 + 6740 + 186256 = 628588

The point is Firefox with 9 tabs and a large Google doc open takes 659460 while Chrome with only two tabs open takes 628588.
Ya I mathed during a LoL game ><

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I tried chrome a few times. But I always went back to firefox. My biggest problem was the lack of adblocking. i assumed google would never allow ad blocking, so I gave up on them.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I think I'd rather use chrome than firefox, but noscript doesn't work as well, and it is mad gay with flash and gifs.

Bladefury

N00b
I've been a faithful Firefox user for years, but Firefox 22.0 has really been a pain in the ass. Every website I go to is automatically at 150% (even when I leave and come back to the site again) and addons from 21.0 are not working.

Happened on both my home and work PCs.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I've been a faithful Firefox user for years, but Firefox 22.0 has really been a pain in the ass. Every website I go to is automatically at 150% (even when I leave and come back to the site again) and addons from 21.0 are not working.

Happened on both my home and work PCs.
Not seen either of those issues when I updated to 22.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Chrome all the way, although the .gif thing is annoying. Firefox has felt bloated and slow for me for a while but I will be eternally grateful for their coming in and revitalizing the browser wars after MS decided to they had won and had stopped innovating completely.

Firefox out of habit mostly. Not sufficiently annoyed to try something else. Also I don't want to have just about everything I do on the computer have something to do with Google.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I used to be a Firefox fanboy, but when I tried Chrome I really fell in love with the minimalistic style. Been using it for years.

Based on this thread I've downloaded Waterfox and so far I'm liking it. Looks like the default viewing area is the same as Chrome, and I've been really starting to dislike Chrome for a few months now so we'll see if it works out better. The Animated Gif thread and the Video thread really bog down my machine in Chrome - my work PC is basically unusable in those threads.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Firefox because Vertical Tabs and still works great with 50+ tabs open. It is a bit of a memory hog.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I dunno, shit to read / download / share / etc that I didn't have time to do. Why use a bookmark when you can just leave the tab open. I had tabs open for months before I got to them (or firefox crashes allowing me to have a fresh start).

Catching up on a thread on forums is especially annoying if you can't do it in one go since you'd have to bookmark pages/posts to remember where you were. I have the EQ Next thread open for weeks now, read a few pages every day but there's a limit to the armchair theorycrafting I can handle per day so I'm still like 10 days behind.

edit : I do use Chrome for streams / flash games but mostly so I can alt-tab between that and stuff I'm reading.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Firefox on Windows, Chrome for my Linux boxes/VMs.

Two must have add-ons for Firefox that don't exist (as far as I'm aware) for Chrome: Speeddial and DownThemAll.

Big annoyance with Chrome-- when you download a file that big ass toolbar thing appears at the bottom. Fucking can't stand that shit.
Chrome has SpeedDial (and has since they introduced extentions, which is one of the things I needed to switch from FF, that and FF was doing the bog-down thing for me):https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pgbbjdpbbkikmi

Chrome indeed was really stupid with the gifs, but for me it was fixed in 27. I'm using 28 right now.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Biggest reason I use waterfox over chrome is no script. If chrome had a version that was updated and worked nearly as well I might make the switch. No way in hell I'm browsing without it anymore.