Chrono Odyssey

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Korean MMOs almost always have this weird extra .2 second lag on every UI element/action button. Not as bad as Warhammer Online did, but still there. SWTOR was similar, not sure if they ever fixed it.

GW2 and WoW do not have this, which is why they are good games. Shit happens the instant you press the button.
BDO has the greatest combat system of any MMO to date, IMO. It just sucks that it lives inside a game which has a bunch of predatory pay for convenience bullshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
While I do agree that combat is great in BDO, the problem also, along with the predatory BS and the stupid gambling for gear +1s, there is no synergy in any of it revolving around multiplayer. Its essentially a solo game where everyone does their own thing. Most of the "end game" in the combat role at least, revolves around mindlessly grinding mobs for hours by yourself to grind currency. There is no dungeons, there is none of the cool shit that make MMORPGS, MMORPGS. Only thing I saw was world bosses where its essentially a zerg of solo players. Its a massively multi player solo game.

And this is the most ridiculous gearing system that I have ever seen in a game so far.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m not so sure BDO has the best combat system of any MMO. It’s flashy and looks really nice but the depth of everything is puddle thin.
Use abilities off CD as you run loops around loot piñatas for hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

BDO also has too many abilities for an action combat game. One problem I always ran into is it felt like you had to be a professional piano player to manage all the key presses.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
BDO also has too many abilities for an action combat game. One problem I always ran into is it felt like you had to be a professional piano player to manage all the key presses.
Git gud fgt

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Korean MMOs almost always have this weird extra .2 second lag on every UI element/action button. Not as bad as Warhammer Online did, but still there. SWTOR was similar, not sure if they ever fixed it.

GW2 and WoW do not have this, which is why they are good games. Shit happens the instant you press the button.

What do you have against Mythic Seconds(tm) ? It added strategery to 'combat' ;)

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
BDO has the greatest combat system of any MMO to date, IMO. It just sucks that it lives inside a game which has a bunch of predatory pay for convenience bullshit.
And probably the worst PvE of any MMO to date too sadly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can we call Gen Z Roomers since they are never going to leave their rooms?
EQ player on this forum
1683412419095.jpeg

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of those who are talking shit about BDO's pve, who has actually played the game in the past year? Honestly not sure what people want from BDO that it doesn't already offer within its framework. By framework, I mean how the games class / combat is designed. It has everything you could want, aside from instanced Raids. I vastly prefer solo grinding an hour or two at some spot than running some instanced dungeon over and over with other people via a matching system. Anyway, all the pro / con discussion on BDO is in its own thread.

As for this game? Meh, it is likely going to be trash. Ashes of Creation should fire everyone in its Art / Animation section (aside from those working on the game world), and hire some KR studio.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of those who are talking shit about BDO's pve, who has actually played the game in the past year? Honestly not sure what people want from BDO that it doesn't already offer within its framework. By framework, I mean how the games class / combat is designed. It has everything you could want, aside from instanced Raids. I vastly prefer solo grinding an hour or two at some spot than running some instanced dungeon over and over with other people via a matching system. Anyway, all the pro / con discussion on BDO is in its own thread.

As for this game? Meh, it is likely going to be trash. Ashes of Creation should fire everyone in its Art / Animation section (aside from those working on the game world), and hire some KR studio.
BDO and GW2 are my favorite mmos. Mainly because of the combat. But also because they are very different games from typical mmos.

My only major issue with BDO is that I can't play it and GW2 at the same time. The keybinds and combos are so different that it fucks with my muscle memory.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I still dont know why those games were ever ok with that delay. I feel like its something I would have made sure was snappy right from the very beginning, and not something that is so ingrained within the game thats its now a "feature" or w/e.

I thought it was grindy at release, but that NPC thing with the lore between POI's, NPC's, items etc. was fantastic. If it wasnt for the gear upgrade system and the raid mobs that were tuned like absolute shit for melee, I probably would have stuck with it.. at least a while longer. Going back to it now just feels like Im wasting my time.

As for Ashes of Creation hiring a KR art team? Some of their cosmetics look like garbage, but I can definitely appreciate the American twist on everything. At least its not like New World where actual feminist women are 100% of the art department and everything that comes out of it looks like garbage, and the stuff that looks like a fucking tranny would wear it has the most detail. Fucking clown world shit.