Cigars and Cigarettes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bros, I know this is a subject that is about as subjective as the beer thread, but I thought I'd make it anyway. What do you like to smoke?

I'm a cheap bastard so I always go for reasonable value. You'll likely never see me smoking a high-end cigar. Pretty much been sticking with CAO and Perdomo recently. Love me someBox-Pressed Braziliasand good ol'Lot 23s

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
Cheap ones, seriously though I've only smoked a few that I got from my dad and his were hand rolled from Ybor City/Tampa. I haven't a clue what they were called though.

Kunark

Trakanon Raider
I go for the cheap ones. And by ones I mean normally only one, Padron 2000 maduro. I got really into cigars many years ago and tried many cubans, Anniversary Padrons, Opus, and various other $10-20 smokes that everyone raved about. I just can't beat $80 for a box for 25. I'm normally sharing my cigars and drinking with friends so I gave up on the expensive stuff.

Also if anyone hasn't tried tupperdors they are amazing, specifically Lock 'n Lock. Great if you don't have a humidor. I now have an empty humidor and tupperware that holds humidity for months. They are so good you have to open them to let some air in ever once in awhile.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Great thread, I love a good cigar especially when drinking my scotch. Had some good cheap ones but don't really check the name on those, favorite is Fuente, cohiba and cao are ok too, Romeo y Juliette are pretty decent too.

Silver Knight of the Realm
I go for the cheap ones. And by ones I mean normally only one, Padron 2000 maduro. I got really into cigars many years ago and tried many cubans, Anniversary Padrons, Opus, and various other $10-20 smokes that everyone raved about. I just can't beat $80 for a box for 25. I'm normally sharing my cigars and drinking with friends so I gave up on the expensive stuff.

Also if anyone hasn't tried tupperdors they are amazing, specifically Lock 'n Lock. Great if you don't have a humidor. I now have an empty humidor and tupperware that holds humidity for months. They are so good you have to open them to let some air in ever once in awhile.
On the subject of small humidors, I bought one of my pals a 10-stick Cigar Caddy travel humidor as a Christmas gift last year. We used it as a water-tight cigar flotation device the few times we went kayaking this past summer, bros. Shit was great.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Acid Kuba Kuba, man I love these things. Years and years of trying nearly everything and it's always a great go-to. Runs about $7-$12 depending on where you live.
rrr_img_4776.jpg

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Ok I live in NYC friend is 22 and in the Navy. He's coming home for a 2 week relieve. He's been in the service 3 years and has taken a liking to cigars. He is a really easy going guy and could be handed a black and mild and enjoy it. However I'm not handing him a black and mild, I want a nice cigar we can smoke together for when he gets back. Trying to get one for each of us and a nice mini bottle. Againe NYC if anyone has any cigar suggestions.

ps no skin flutes thank ya

Killswitch

N00b
Acid Kuba Kuba, man I love these things. Years and years of trying nearly everything and it's always a great go-to. Runs about $7-$12 depending on where you live.
rrr_img_4776.jpg
+1 Got turned on to these from some buddies when we were making some beer. Never really had a cigar knock my socks off but damn these things are fucking good. I haven't tried the other Acids other than the blue label. Not a big cigar smoker but these are awesome. They don't get bitter either when they get real low.

Marko_sl

shitlord
Rocky Patel Renaissance is a good cigar for feeling like you should be wearing a monocle and a top hat. They are medium bodied with good lush smoke. I've had great luck with anything with the 'Rocky Patel' name. My personal favorite of theirs is the Olde World reserve (either wrapper).

Silence_sl

shitlord
Best smoke I ever had was a Don Pepe that my boss gave me. I lit it up before the commute home, and ten minutes later I was going a lot faster than my car was. Five minutes later, and my pupils were fibrillating and each pull felt like I was drawing the earthy, dank essence out of every rain forest on Earth sans the putrid flank of fresh monkey shit.

Well no, not really. I was stoned out of my gourd before I even turned the key; the loss of sympathetic eye movement along with the twitching of fibrillating pupils merely conveyed the illusion that I was driving my car; the reality was, I was sitting in my car while Jeanine from Marking took a deep breath and inhaled my neurons into her pussy before exhaling them into the slippery and warm cosmic beyond.

To this day, my boss won't tell me what he laced that cigar with, but he did tell me to wait till I got home to smoke it.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've tried stuff here and there... I always go back to Montecristo No. 4 or Romeo Y Julieta No. 2 (I like shorter smokes).

I miss living abroad, I was smoking 2 Cubans a day in Japan, even a shit $3-4 dollar Cuban is better than most $30 cigars you can get in the US. Best bang for my buck is anything made by Arturo Fuente. I also hit up the good cigar shops / tobacconists and look for 'seconds' (crooked wrappers), they are usually 50-75% off retail, and only 1 outta 10 smokes poorly and you have to toss. My preference is dark wrapper and short wide (robusto types), but I am not picky, anything quality at a good price.

fuentelimited.JPG

P.S. If you like cigars you might try smoking a pipe. The quality and variety of pipe tobacco you can find inexpensively puts 90% of cigars to shame.

Orlik Golden Sliced is a good beginners high quality pipe tobacco (fuck any bullshit you can buy in a drugstore, it's all garbage), easy burning, nice bright Virginia leaf taste, cased with noticeable citrus notes, load it in a $4 corn cob to learn. Pipe smoking is a different animal, takes practice, and very much a ritual.

Orlik-600.gif

Shit, I wish Obama would open up travel to Cuba already. I want to go to Havana so bad, people say it's as close to a time machine you can get. They say once you walk around in downtown Havana, you're transported back 50+ years.

The architecture and shit too is out of this world. Tell me this though, regarding Cuban stoags- are they illegal due to the trade restrictions we have with Cuba? Or, are they illegal because the soil there isdifferent? I've heard the latter at my local cigar shop- that there are nutrients in the soil down there that produce euphoric effects that differ from the intense, and rather quick, nicotine buzz.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Never heard that. You can buy Cubans in Canada, if you're close to the border. And/or fly to Cuba.