Cities Skylines II

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Think that was Sim City 4 iirc. Funny how its predecessor had the buildings listed below. If they were a reality, lord knows how much pollution one would put out. But all would be forgiven with the ones that have the Park on top.

Sim City 2000 already had them.
AYXD1--rndFdKVDwdJq9OpP6SbK1k9LSjuvn6q6cjSQ.jpg

I really like that third one that looks like it was designed by the Shadows from Babylon 5. Cant wait to live in what looks like a giant nexus of evil that heats up to 150F in the summer because its jet black and absorbs all sun rays

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Think that was Sim City 4 iirc. Funny how its predecessor had the buildings listed below. If they were a reality, lord knows how much pollution one would put out. But all would be forgiven with the ones that have the Park on top. Can see the lighter ones being ESG kings, but a literal hive of communism. Where as the black ones would only give you the illusion you have a choice. You know, uniparty things.

Sim City 2000 already had them.
AYXD1--rndFdKVDwdJq9OpP6SbK1k9LSjuvn6q6cjSQ.jpg
endgame arco buildings were cool. If you built a few hundred of the Launch Arcos (shown on the right) they will "launch". . I never played City Skylines hard enoiugh to get to "endgame" but I hope they have something like that. Whenever I play city builders I try to build as big of a city as possible.

@24:49

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I want a good multiplayer city builder. The last Sim City had all sorts of issues, but I want to see another attempt at some of those concepts. Or at the very least let me connect to other cities I build and allow for some interoperability. Seasonal ebb and flow between cities (tourism, university, resort, etc) based on needs, ages of the populations, etc. I know there's an imperfect Cities mod that adds it, but would like to see a good attempt by a good dev at it.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I want a good multiplayer city builder. The last Sim City had all sorts of issues, but I want to see another attempt at some of those concepts. Or at the very least let me connect to other cities I build and allow for some interoperability. Seasonal ebb and flow between cities (tourism, university, resort, etc) based on needs, ages of the populations, etc. I know there's an imperfect Cities mod that adds it, but would like to see a good attempt by a good dev at it.

You will have the opportunity to purchase 7 DLC's that will collectively give you this.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
i really enjoyed anno 1800, i haven't had time to play it lately.. i always kind of think about how a new simcity would compare to it. less supply chain i suppose. I'll have to give this a go.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i really enjoyed anno 1800, i haven't had time to play it lately.. i always kind of think about how a new simcity would compare to it. less supply chain i suppose. I'll have to give this a go.
Gorgeous city builder - but for whatever reason, any if the Anno games just fall flat for me.Not that theyre bad, cause I dumped a lot of hours into 1800. But Im extremely bored while playing them for whatever reason. Where as like Tropico had my attention more somehow? Idk

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You will have the opportunity to purchase 7 DLC's that will collectively give you this.

If it was well done they can take my money for all 7.
Gorgeous city builder - but for whatever reason, any if the Anno games just fall flat for me.Not that theyre bad, cause I dumped a lot of hours into 1800. But Im extremely bored while playing them for whatever reason. Where as like Tropico had my attention more somehow? Idk
Yeah they're nice games... but an hour or two into playing it with my friends one of them said 'so... can I not build ships to attack one of the other AI?' lol.

Goonsquad Officer
I freaking loved tropico 1. Just the juggling world powers while developing was fun. The later ones felt silly looking so I let them be

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Looks awesome. I had fun in the first, but like others got annoyed with the traffic pretty fast. It was still fun though, and i put a lot hours in.

This one looks even for gorgeous though, at least visually.

Damn october though, still a while away.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does not look much different from the first one 🤷‍♂️

Looks like they added seasons and maybe a few of the tool mods from the workshop and that's it.

Daidraco

Is it just a visual update then? There are a bunch of mods for the first one that are paywalled and.. Im just not going to pay for shit I think should be a patch. If they consolidated some really good traffic AI, road capability, route pathing, etc. into this - then Ill pick it up. But Im just not interested in having a recurring monthly fee in addon's.

Daidraco

The problem Im beginning to have with them advertising and putting out videos for the game is that.. most of the stuff theyre talking about and proud of, just doesnt seem very "new and shiny." Ive dealt with everything theyre talking about in the past and yes, I can clearly see what is new and what they think is worthy of a new game. But thats.. it?

Basically, everything Ive seen they could have put into Skylines 1 in a major revamp and call it a day. Nothing about CS 2 is coming off to me as "amazinggggg!" But, I dont exactly know what would come off as amazing in a city simulator anymore.

• 1Like