Cities Skylines II

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
One of the biggest breaks from reality for these types of city builders is the education systems in them. 100% of all kids that attend school become "educated". And 100% of adults that attend university become viable candidates for high dollar jobs in commerce/industry.

They've specifically noted that in this sequel, education isn't a guarantee. There are graduation rates and whatnot, seems like they're simulating a lot more detail in the city and citizens for this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
They've specifically noted that in this sequel, education isn't a guarantee. There are graduation rates and whatnot, seems like they're simulating a lot more detail in the city and citizens for this one.
The problem is the game's only "solution" to increase graduation rates will be to throw money at the school.....

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The problem is the game's only "solution" to increase graduation rates will be to throw money at the school.....

Well there's also a Final Solution city policy that should help clean out diversity that's bringing scores down.

• 1Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One of the biggest breaks from reality for these types of city builders is the education systems in them. 100% of all kids that attend school become "educated". And 100% of adults that attend university become viable candidates for high dollar jobs in commerce/industry.
There is a chance for students to fail in CS:II.

edit: didn't see seananigan's post

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
In my game's "CHAZ" zone, there will be no schools. A true commietopia.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Maps look large, I wonder how computers will handle all the options.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Maps look large, I wonder how computers will handle all the options.

"area 5x bigger then before" holy shit. seriously, how is the performance going to work with deeper underlying systems.. jeeze.

that one guy did point out, all these preview vids have zero traffic in them.

themes. that they made a vid for this, I kindof expected them to drop a bomb on us. NA and Euro were in the last game. I thought they were going to drop Asian. Shanghai/hongkong/tokyo theme.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Some people have pointed out that the maps are not actually bigger than CS1, at least modded. Max modded size in CS2 is only 2/3 max modded size in CS1.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I'm assuming people will be able to mod larger maps in CS2. At least hopefully. It would be disappointing if they couldn't.

And yeah the "5x bigger" statement is very very misleading. If you play on console sure, but I'm guessing almost anyone that plays on pc mods the game.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming people will be able to mod larger maps in CS2. At least hopefully. It would be disappointing if they couldn't.

And yeah the "5x bigger" statement is very very misleading. If you play on console sure, but I'm guessing almost anyone that plays on pc mods the game.

Yes you'll be able to mod the CS2 map size to be bigger than vanilla, but no you won't be able to mod it to the same size as CS1 maps (as the actual maps are smaller, we're actually talking about buildable/unlockable area).

This ignores scaling though, if the scaling of things has been reduced overall, then the smaller map might not matter.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In my game's "CHAZ" zone, there will be no schools. A true commietopia.

Hold on. If there are no schools, where will kids learn about things like picking their gender and supporting the correct ideologies?

• 1Pathetic

Caliane

dang, so seems like they are trying a deeper econ sim. jobs, actual household wealth, spend money on entertainment, etc based on wealth. homeless camps, etc.
raise taxes on an industry to drive them out, lower on another to bring more in.

Goonsquad Officer
that sounds awesome. it wasn't...great but i liked how simcities societies kind of simulated the need for various types of luxury/entertainment.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

It looks like they simplified electric and water to run under roads this time. (A feature I liked on Simcity)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This game is one of the few worthy of giving the studio your money. The inevitable slew of DLC's is another thing, but they deserve their box money at least.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was really surprised when I saw it is only $49.99. Then I remembered they will get another $300 from me for all the DLC lol.

• 1Like