City to City Car Service - Does this exist for a party?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Without much detail, a group of 5 to 7 people will be going to Atlantic City for an event. We hate flying and though "I wonder how much it would cost to take a car service or party bus".

Its about an 8 hour drive. Has anyone done something similar? Do businesses even do this?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Friend got married in Chico and we had a bus drive a number of us from San Francisco. We spent two days up there and then the bus drove us back. But honestly I have no idea how much it cost because the couple took care of it. But it does exist!

But seriously just fly.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Get a bro from FoH to drive you in a rented bus. Sounds like a win win to me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
People haulers. We do that all the time in the oilfield. The only difference is the rides are usually between 1 and 4 hours and we don't make them stay overnight because the rides are usually 1 way.

But the company pays for it so I can't give you a cost. I just know that some of these busses are clearly party busses. Purple interior, stripper poles, tinted windows. Probably even a hidden bar if I looked hard enough.

So look for party busses or people haulers. Someone does it. At that distance you might need to get the driver a hotel room. Unless you're going to be there a while and only need the bus for the trips.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This sounds like a ridiculously unnecessary price point instead of just flying. An eight hour party bus ride with that many people sounds terrible. So many bathroom pit stops.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There’s one that runs from Juarez to El Paso, but it’s only one way and it’s pretty expensive.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Is this a 1-way thing, or will they bring you back to the starting location after the event? Also, how long is the event?

IE - Is it a drive 1 day, event next day, drive back 3rd day, or will it be multiple days at the destination for the event?

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
1 to 2 hours sounds fun. 8 hours sounds like a very bad idea.

In Austin, there's lots of party buses that pick you up in the and drive you to a group if breweries or wineries. We found a service for octoberfest that took us to San Marcos, about an hour drive.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Is this a 1-way thing, or will they bring you back to the starting location after the event? Also, how long is the event?

IE - Is it a drive 1 day, event next day, drive back 3rd day, or will it be multiple days at the destination for the event?
Let’s say drive Monday, events Tuesday Wednesday, return Thursday

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sounds fun. I'm sure if you went to craigslist or whatever you could find a safe driver, assuming you rent a vehicle. Something where the driver was separate from everyone else is needed if you plan on drinking. Otherwise you aren't legally able to do that.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Here in Texas we have something called Von Lane now. It's like a regular bus service, but swanky and with food/drink service. They do runs from Dallas to Austin and College Station for college games, so would imagine you could manage something similar if a similar service is around up there.