City to City Car Service - Does this exist for a party?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Without much detail, a group of 5 to 7 people will be going to Atlantic City for an event. We hate flying and though "I wonder how much it would cost to take a car service or party bus".

Its about an 8 hour drive. Has anyone done something similar? Do businesses even do this?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Friend got married in Chico and we had a bus drive a number of us from San Francisco. We spent two days up there and then the bus drove us back. But honestly I have no idea how much it cost because the couple took care of it. But it does exist!

But seriously just fly.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Get a bro from FoH to drive you in a rented bus. Sounds like a win win to me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
People haulers. We do that all the time in the oilfield. The only difference is the rides are usually between 1 and 4 hours and we don't make them stay overnight because the rides are usually 1 way.

But the company pays for it so I can't give you a cost. I just know that some of these busses are clearly party busses. Purple interior, stripper poles, tinted windows. Probably even a hidden bar if I looked hard enough.

So look for party busses or people haulers. Someone does it. At that distance you might need to get the driver a hotel room. Unless you're going to be there a while and only need the bus for the trips.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This sounds like a ridiculously unnecessary price point instead of just flying. An eight hour party bus ride with that many people sounds terrible. So many bathroom pit stops.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There’s one that runs from Juarez to El Paso, but it’s only one way and it’s pretty expensive.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Is this a 1-way thing, or will they bring you back to the starting location after the event? Also, how long is the event?

IE - Is it a drive 1 day, event next day, drive back 3rd day, or will it be multiple days at the destination for the event?

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
1 to 2 hours sounds fun. 8 hours sounds like a very bad idea.

In Austin, there's lots of party buses that pick you up in the and drive you to a group if breweries or wineries. We found a service for octoberfest that took us to San Marcos, about an hour drive.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Is this a 1-way thing, or will they bring you back to the starting location after the event? Also, how long is the event?

IE - Is it a drive 1 day, event next day, drive back 3rd day, or will it be multiple days at the destination for the event?
Let’s say drive Monday, events Tuesday Wednesday, return Thursday

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sounds fun. I'm sure if you went to craigslist or whatever you could find a safe driver, assuming you rent a vehicle. Something where the driver was separate from everyone else is needed if you plan on drinking. Otherwise you aren't legally able to do that.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Here in Texas we have something called Von Lane now. It's like a regular bus service, but swanky and with food/drink service. They do runs from Dallas to Austin and College Station for college games, so would imagine you could manage something similar if a similar service is around up there.