Civil War (2024)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
California would descend into the Dark Ages if youy simply knocked out Amazon and Doordash delivery services.

California would starve immediatly since 50 percent of their agriculture is fucking Grapes and Almonds

eyeroll

CA has 20% of the country's rice production, leads in milk production resulting in them being #2 in cheese production. Not to mention high marks in a fruits veggies and beef in general. Helps that the sac valley is one of the largest breadbaskets in the world.

The 10% of CA landmass that's hyper liberal would be in the dark ages, everyone else would be just fine.

dummy

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes and no. Like any good parasite, a lot of China's livelihood depends on the host and nothing would unify a split USA faster than a hit on our territory by a foreign power.
They don't need to hit our territory. Just cut off America's supply of cheap shitty food, sneakers, and electronic gadgets and sit back eating whatever the Chinese equivalent of popcorn is (probably bugs, almost certainly definitely bugs.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The cities would collapse, but the smaller towns would be alright in that scenario. Making food is one thing we still do a lot of locally. Its the fuel and other shit the current generation sees as "essential" that would evaporate. And without power, cities cannot logistically feed themselves. I saw a study on it for LA and its like three days of food are there at any given moment when shit is working correctly. Turn off the freezers and shit gets spicey really fast.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The cities would collapse, but the smaller towns would be alright in that scenario. Making food is one thing we still do a lot of locally. Its the fuel and other shit the current generation sees as "essential" that would evaporate. And without power, cities cannot logistically feed themselves. I saw a study on it for LA and its like three days of food are there at any given moment when shit is working correctly. Turn off the freezers and shit gets spicey really fast.

How much farming is going to get done when the gas refineries and pipelines are shut down and you can't get replacement parts for your equipment? How is product going to get distributed? What are rural people going to eat in the six months until the next harvest? Pretend you survive one season, what do we do next year when China doesn't ship any fertilizer? Ok, so you hunt - how long until we eat all the deer? Etc.

If there's ever a large disruption to the global supply chain, EVERYONE is fucked. The number of people truly set up for indefinite turnkey subsistence living is essentially zero.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
How much farming is going to get done when the gas refineries and pipelines are shut down? What are rural people going to eat in the six months until the next harvest? Pretend you survive one season, what do we do next year when China doesn't ship any fertilizer?

If there's ever a large disruption to the global supply chain, EVERYONE is fucked.
The good news is there would be a lot fewer people to support 6 months later.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This guy will make sure of it

lolnails.png

• 1Worf

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
LOL I just rewatched the trailer. At first I thought it was following a small group through the war, sort of like a found footage film, Cloverfield but instead of a monster its Civil war.

On 2nd view I see this is just a total "JOURNALIST" suck fest. "ALL JOURNALISTS ARE MURDERED ON SITE" and they are the real heroes.

My god this is going to suck.
Yeah I get the impression this is in the vein of Trump won and is killing journalists and conservative Texas has paired up with California to stop him or some shit because it's just wrong! Going to be shit if that's the case, but i'll still watch.

Cybsled

How much farming is going to get done when the gas refineries and pipelines are shut down and you can't get replacement parts for your equipment? How is product going to get distributed? What are rural people going to eat in the six months until the next harvest? Pretend you survive one season, what do we do next year when China doesn't ship any fertilizer? Ok, so you hunt - how long until we eat all the deer? Etc.

If there's ever a large disruption to the global supply chain, EVERYONE is fucked. The number of people truly set up for indefinite turnkey subsistence living is essentially zero.

Yup - in the short term rural areas that already have some farm infrastructure in place might do better maybe. But those people in cities and small towns are eventually going to move where they think the food is like a zombie horde. And this isn’t the 18th century - even in rural areas, they aren’t well provisioned for long term food storage and processing locally in many cases. Especially without power.

I mean that is worst case scenario - like total war with nukes and crap or a Carrington level event that fries the entire grid of the country.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

This is all true.

But its about the transition. I think rural people currently doing small scale farming are gonna have a waaay easier transition to subsistence living, and a better probability of success, than the dude in the 14th floor apartment 2 blocks away from the place where the first food riots start.

But everyone will be fucked to some extent, no doubt.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This. If they are only growing for themselves the math changes really fast. Hippy Dan and his tomato garden in the CHAZ zone are going to be a lot worse off than farmers who can both draw down the herds for the short term (and hunt/fish) and have the basics in place to grow for a single community. Shit, the average city person probably does not even know how to start a fire anymore.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yup - in the short term rural areas that already have some farm infrastructure in place might do better maybe. But those people in cities and small towns are eventually going to move where they think the food is like a zombie horde. And this isn’t the 18th century - even in rural areas, they aren’t well provisioned for long term food storage and processing locally in many cases. Especially without power.

I mean that is worst case scenario - like total war with nukes and crap or a Carrington level event that fries the entire grid of the country.
Look at every riot where we KNEW help was coming. The cities always devour themselves first, because trekking 60 miles (and making yourself a target for the jogger rape gangs roaming about) is not something any city critters are even going to contemplate en masse until the food and fuel are already gone. And the handful who DO make it out will get domed on sight unless they have ties to the community they are fleeing to. The real threat to the farmers is actually the standing armies essentially press ganging them into producing food for them, but most of the military bases have massive stock piles of rations fuel and ammo, so that does not happen until much later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
America is so much more granular and lazy than this. In Minnesota alone the cities would fall into chaos within days of the supply chains failing. The pockets of friendlies outside the cities that would try to help the desperate masses would quickly be overwhelmed. This alone takes a state like that out of play in a civil war scenario. The small towns where people are actually prepared would still be dealing with the 2/3rds of their population that are clueless and desperately trying to play catch up on the food front. The same could be said of the vast majority of states. The Mormons have their mountain bunker but it isn't equipped for even 1/10th of the Mormons. The divide would be stark and fast.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This. If they are only growing for themselves the math changes really fast. Hippy Dan and his tomato garden in the CHAZ zone are going to be a lot worse off than farmers who can both draw down the herds for the short term (and hunt/fish) and have the basics in place to grow for a single community. Shit, the average city person probably does not even know how to start a fire anymore.

I live 40 minutes from the 75th biggest city in the country. Small. Even I have seen the rise in the Jogger crime spilling out to the rural areas. The minute San Fran or Dallas or Houston get food cut off you will see a World War Z jogger wave destroying everything like a locust horde for hundreds of miles in each direction.

Shit, the minute shit hits the fan a pack of Ferals will steal a kia and start trying to rape and rob the self sufficient farmer. Yall overestimate the resolve of the Rural American.. In a vaccuum they would fare well. The problem is the locusts will finish off the collapse and the only outcome is the complete death of all americans becasue the Jungle pack will overhwlem anyone who could help rebuild., then starve to death.

Imagine the end of 28 days later with all the zombies dying in the streets because of hunger. Now put those zombies in Jordans, a blue tooth ear piece and have them complaining about food seasoning while their diabeetus foot blows up and pops.

Society has already tipped. The Useless are too many. We are past Terminal Vel-jogger-ty

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I live 40 minutes from the 75th biggest city in the country. Small. Even I have seen the rise in the Jogger crime spilling out to the rural areas. The minute San Fran or Dallas or Houston get food cut off you will see a World War Z jogger wave destroying everything like a locust horde for hundreds of miles in each direction.

Shit, the minute shit hits the fan a pack of Ferals will steal a kia and start trying to rape and rob the self sufficient farmer. Yall overestimate the resolve of the Rural American.. In a vaccuum they would fare well. The problem is the locusts will finish off the collapse and the only outcome is the complete death of all americans becasue the Jungle pack will overhwlem anyone who could help rebuild., then starve to death.

Imagine the end of 28 days later with all the zombies dying in the streets because of hunger. Now put those zombies in Jordans, a blue tooth ear piece and have them complaining about food seasoning while their diabeetus foot blows up and pops.

Society has already tipped. The Useless are too many. We are past Terminal Vel-jogger-ty
Honestly I think the jogger invasion would be overrated and easily dealt with, it's the hoards of kids and grandkids trying to escape and leech resources that would be trouble. I do wonder if ammo would actually be an issue.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You guys are way over thinking this movie. It's going to be a bunch of hamfisted bullshit with a very obvious dumb message.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
IMO you've got to be far enough away from the nearest city that *finding* you is an issue.

Keep in mind they're not gonna have maps on their iPhones.

If you're on a main road within an hour of a city you're in for some unpleasant visitors in the no-internet apocalypse. If you're on some dirt road farther away (i.e., most of the country in terms of area) I think its gonna be a different story. Theres a lot of area to cover, limited gas, and they don't know where you are.

[edit - fuck the movie, we;re just returning to the endless well of LARPing the civil war 2.0]

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who beside the US forum members would be remotely interested in this though?

I would watch a well produced movie about the uk breaking into civil war and ulster being conquered, or china devolving into warring states again, or russia white vs red 2.0, or whatever, if it's good. If people won't watch a movie about a country because it's not their own country, fuckem.

Sudo

Blackwing Lair Raider
We clearly need Civil War 2.0 the game, coming soon to steam early access.

• 2Like