Civil War (2024)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana would team up and immediately assume control of the majority of the country's petroleum and natural gas reserves and infrastructure. The Gulf coast will be the most strategically important place in any real, modern civil war. Wind farms don't keep bombers in the air.
The non-welfare states could just buy it from Canada. Or Venezuela or Colombia if they ever get their act together and start producing like they used to.

People don't realize the whole reason gas isn't basically free in North America is because Venezuela and Colombia have had their output drop to less than a third of what they used to.

• 2Picard
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The non-welfare states could just buy it from Canada. Or Venezuela or Colombia if they ever get their act together and start producing like they used to.

People don't realize the whole reason gas isn't basically free in North America is because Venezuela and Colombia have had their output drop to less than a third of what they used to.
Refineries. Canada's 2 mbd of refining capacity isn't even enough to keep their own country going. All the petroleum in the world means jack shit if you can't refine it. Every day that passes, clown world shuts down more and more infrastructure. Especially Canada.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
View attachment 504365

Mono Block Rimless PC Color Tone Lens Sunglasses Eyewear Glasses Amazon.com
1703051215601.png

1703051262392.png

1703051243810.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

1710946062906.png

1710946129630.png

nothing opening before it, The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare opens the week after.

Cybsled

Reviews I have read almost make it sound similar to World War Z the book in terms of format. The main characters are some journalists making their way across America and collecting stories/observing stuff about different situations going on during the conflict. It also sounds like the movie doesn’t try to sugarcoat what an actual civil war conflict would be: lots of innocent people getting killed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if it is truly violent and does show many of the effects of a potential modern day Civil War, then it might be worth watching. The worst part of what would happen would be the supply chain disruption. Food would become as valuable as gold. If you are under some sort of medicine that keeps you alive.....Insulin being the big one, you are dead. I wonder if it will discuss the possibility of China or even Russia attempting to take territories. Millions of people would die.

• 3Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well if it is truly violent and does show many of the effects of a potential modern day Civil War, then it might be worth watching. The worst part of what would happen would be the supply chain disruption. Food would become as valuable as gold. If you are under some sort of medicine that keeps you alive.....Insulin being the big one, you are dead. I wonder if it will discuss the possibility of China or even Russia attempting to take territories. Millions of people would die.

I feel like the second word got around China or Russia was trying something like that, both sides would be like "nope, timeout until we handle this shit, then back to the war". But maybe I'm crazy.

Cybsled

I feel like the second word got around China or Russia was trying something like that, both sides would be like "nope, timeout until we handle this shit, then back to the war". But maybe I'm crazy.

The second a third party jumps in and says “mine”, the other two warring factions either team up or one side that is losing sells out to the third party in a desperate bid to turn the tide

Merrith

The second a third party jumps in and says “mine”, the other two warring factions either team up or one side that is losing sells out to the third party in a desperate bid to turn the tide

Yeah I just assume everyone here would have a "nobody fucks with us but us" mentality.

• 1Cringe

Sludig

I'm still slightly concerned that is the perfect type of movie to get some wacko from one side or another to try and pull an aurora batman shooting.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hopefully this turns out to be one of those movies the wrong people (us) like.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
critics love it so probably sucks

1712767423074.png

i still don't really understand how texas and california band together, that seems unpossible. The main character/POV is Kirsten Dunst who is a journalist so its really, really hard for me to give a single shit too

GKLpJrZWkAEcFV-.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just assume everyone here would have a "nobody fucks with us but us" mentality.
There are many ways for a country to be fucked with without even noticing, especially when tanks are rolling down Main Street.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
If Kirsten Dunce and gay Ray Swanson are your leads I don't have much hope for this. Her claim to fame was spiderman's girlfriend 40 years ago. I doubt she's going to look good wearing grannie panties.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

i still don't really understand how texas and california band together, that seems unpossible. The main character/POV is Kirsten Dunst who is a journalist so its really, really hard for me to give a single shit too

Reviews of the movie seem to suggest the premise is heavily divorced from political reality for the most part. CA and TX banding together is more of a “what happens if 2 of the biggest economic powerhouses of the country decide to fuck off from the union?”