Civilization VI

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've stumbled across this article while looking for a specific mod..

This part really stuck out:
1593507551449.png

So my main issue with the SP game is the extremely passive, peaceful AI. This seems to explain it. Since everyone starts out with their capital city, the AI never finds itself in a situation where one particular player has a 25% lead on gaining a domination victory. Therefore the AI never starts pursuing a domination victory. Even if by some random chance the AI conquers *one* capital in a game of 6 or 8, that only gives them a 16.6% or 12.5% lead on a domination victory.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking of dusting this up and trying again but I see that every dlc has mixed reviews. Is that just sweaty troll fans or does it really suck?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The AI is just fucking terrible. What good is it adding all these complex features if the AI just doesn't fucking do anything ?

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was thinking of dusting this up and trying again but I see that every dlc has mixed reviews. Is that just sweaty troll fans or does it really suck?

There's very few video games out there to play that are even more expensive than Civ 6. With all the DLC there are, it's really only beaten by an active WoW subscription, The Sims and Freemium games. And for all that money, all you get are some obscure civs that won't even show up in many of your games unless you specifically select them to be there. That's why I don't buy any of them.

Rime

<Donor>
There's very few video games out there to play that are even more expensive than Civ 6. With all the DLC there are, it's really only beaten by an active WoW subscription, The Sims and Freemium games. And for all that money, all you get are some obscure civs that won't even show up in many of your games unless you specifically select them to be there. That's why I don't buy any of them.

*Laughs in Paradox Games.*

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The only multiplayer Civ I ever played was Civnet waaaay back in the 90s. Buggy piece of crap, but the only one in town.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So don't even trying it as nothing has been fixed? I would only do SP. Last played Jan 2017 :)

I've had some success with very strong modding such as
remove all victory conditions except domination and the AI will actually build lots of units
allows playing on highest difficulties without the AI running away on a strong headstart due to 3 settlers on start.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how broken is this game now? It's so broken you can actually win the game without settling a city

The two dumbest highlights are 22:10, the first natural disaster where he is the only one who propses relief aid (along with the affected AI) so he's the *only* player in the race for aid, so he wins the full rewards for 1 gold and 34:55 where he votes for himself to lose 2 diplomatic victory points because he's in the lead and that's what the AI will also vote on, but because he voted for the proposal that won, he immediately gets one VP back.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
how broken is this game now? It's so broken you can actually win the game without settling a city

The two dumbest highlights are 22:10, the first natural disaster where he is the only one who propses relief aid (along with the affected AI) so he's the *only* player in the race for aid, so he wins the full rewards for 1 gold and 34:55 where he votes for himself to lose 2 diplomatic victory points because he's in the lead and that's what the AI will also vote on, but because he voted for the proposal that won, he immediately gets one VP back.

theres just way too many mechanics piled into the game to keep pumping out expansions and DLCs without adequate testing. the game is a mess, full of exploits.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
saving this because I'm pretty sure their crooked steam mods will delete it when they find it and ban the guy

1609066577266.png

• 1WTF

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Imagine an angrier, drunker Nostradamus leaving a drunk & angry game review.

• 1Like