Civilization VI

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
why you re-tards excited about playing a firaxis game day 1? I feel like I am taking crazy pills?!?!?!

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are releasing a shitton of gameplay videos on youtube and it is looking like the real deal. They appear to be pretty proud of the game. I'm still waiting at least a week after release.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
why you re-tards excited about playing a firaxis game day 1? I feel like I am taking crazy pills?!?!?!
because i don't really give a shit about the stuff nerds complain about with these games. Civ 5 > Civ 4

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haka

N00b
Civ 5 was really the only clusterfuck base game though right? I love it but it's true, it wasn't good until the first expansion.

I'm seriously considering buying this at launch, will have to wait for some more indepth reviews though.

Surprising to read so much hate on Civ 5. I never played the earlier ones, so I guess it makes sense old fans would be upset with change.

I resonate with many of the critiques, esp easy to master military conflict, poor pacing, and an inevitably boring end game. I never beat deity cause it was too annoying to strive against shitty AI with crazy resource advantages.

That said, I played the hell out of 5 vanilla. It had been out about a year at that point,so I didn't have as many bugs as ppl at launch. Eventually I broke down, came back to the game a couple years later, bought the xpacs, and had a great experience all over again.

Civ 5 delivered beyond what I can ask in terms of entertainment for monetary investment. While I probably won't pre order 6, cause I ain't bout that, I am certainly intending on building a new gaming pc late this year and it will be one of the first titles I play.

Ps- gfx seem fine to me. But I love ASCII roguelikes, classic EQ, and am probably. One of the least gfx fixated gamers I know. Maybe it's something to do with having chronically underperfoming PC setups.

I'll be buying the game before any xpacs because I want the studio to be rewarded and encouraged to expand on what will hopefully be a very good game with plenty of potential playtime.

Tldr I like civ 5 a lot, hopeful for 6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Taim

Trakanon Raider
Civ5, the civ where I had to kiss ass to a bunch of independent tribes just to get the resourses I needed to keep my civ from falling apart. Instead of crushing them underfoot and taking their shit?!? That was better than Civ4? One unit/tile...? All they needed to fix the stack of doom from civ4 was to limit x units / stack and then add a line of techs that allowed for organization/support so stacks could be x+1, x+2, etc.

If I ever won a uber lottery one of my great dreams is to pay someone to upgrade civ4 ruleset to civ5 hex map and graphics.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rhuobhe

N00b
Civilization is one of the best PC game series of all time no matter what. Civ 4 was better at launch but Civ 5 was still a good game and spent over a thousand hours playing that over 6 years. I can; think of any Cibilization game that was bad even the console versions were great. If you don't agree with this statement you are dumb and probably not a true old school civ fan.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure but Civ2 might have been my favorite. But it's been so long I don't really remember much of it.