Clash Royale

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Balance changes today completely gutted my deck, Tesla and X-bow were wrecked and I think we will see a buff on X-bow at least to give it the range back and then maybe less damage.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Made arena 5 so far. I go from losing 5 games in a row to winning 4, so random depending on who i play and what deck they use. Typically using giant/musket or wizard/minion / bomber / baby drag / spear gobs / skel army / arrows. Been trying to use balloon sometimes but i usually suck at when to play it.

Need prince badly still saving 2k gold to buy it if i see it in the store.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Teetering just shy of 1600. Ive fought a few times in arena 6 but havent passed 1700 trophies yet. Hut decks and xbow decks murder me,even after the nerf to xbows.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm teetering between arena 3 and 4, but I just started early last week. Finally picked up a baby dragon. Seems like everyone has a different opinion of the best arena 3/4 deck so I've just been trying different combos. I got as high as 1200 at one point then lost several in a row partly due to being underleveled but mostly due to not having a good answer for mass spawns in my deck and somehow every deck I was facing had all huts, minion swarms, and skeleton armies.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Baby Dragon and Arrows are really the best answer. Most of the other swarm counters lack the ability to hit flying targets, but if you are getting tons of Hut and sell swarms a bomb tower or bomb guy can work miracles.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've been playing this really slow and I just hit arena 4 (1100 ish) and I'm messing around with this deck:

Knight (6)
Hog Rider (2)
Valk (4)
Barb Hut (4)
Spear Hut (3)
Baby Dragon (2)
Spear Goblines (6)
Arrows (6)

Number listed is the level of the card. Seems to do ok right now.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Been at this a couple of weeks, around the same as Draegan but have yet to get into A4. Mostly because when I get close I suddenly go into a spiral.

Currently running:
Mini-pekka (4)
Archers (6)
Giant (4)
Minions (6)
Arrows(5)
Goblin Barrel (2)
Spear Goblins (6)
Witch (1)

Usually try to combo Giant with Spear Goblins/Archers and then when the counter comes I throw the barrel at them.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I find the giant is underwhelming at best. He is basically a big HP sponge that is countered by too many units, not to mention he is really slow. I had a lot more success early on using cheaper cards that create a bunch of mobs the enemy has to worry about. If you can get a skel army out just after the enemy fires his arrows (almost everyone uses arrows at arena 3/4,) you have a much more effective "cover" to use a knight or pekka. I also found that using the musketeer/witch combo is very effective against a decent number of enemies. It can counter air, ground, and the witches aoe helps with the gobs/skels coming your way. I also used the spear gobs in place of archers when I was arena 3, but that was also before the most recent balance changes. YMMV.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I find the giant is underwhelming at best. He is basically a big HP sponge that is countered by too many units, not to mention he is really slow. I had a lot more success early on using cheaper cards that create a bunch of mobs the enemy has to worry about. If you can get a skel army out just after the enemy fires his arrows (almost everyone uses arrows at arena 3/4,) you have a much more effective "cover" to use a knight or pekka. I also found that using the musketeer/witch combo is very effective against a decent number of enemies. It can counter air, ground, and the witches aoe helps with the gobs/skels coming your way. I also used the spear gobs in place of archers when I was arena 3, but that was also before the most recent balance changes. YMMV.
I like giant as opener, play him as far back as you can then you can bunch up heavy hitters behind him in groups when he nears the half way mark then the giant takes the hits while pushing your dudes forward. Most play something to counter him too soon leaving you open to pick the counter to their move. I usually down a tower this way at the start, then I just play defensive until I win or can easily take the middle tower for the win.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I like giant as opener, play him as far back as you can then you can bunch up heavy hitters behind him in groups when he nears the half way mark then the giant takes the hits while pushing your dudes forward. Most play something to counter him too soon leaving you open to pick the counter to their move. I usually down a tower this way at the start, then I just play defensive until I win or can easily take the middle tower for the win.
good strat. I just need that fuckin balloon, baby dragon + balloon = dead enemy tower

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Spear Goblins 7
Musketeer 4
Minion Horde 6
Prince 2
Giant 4
Goblin Hut 4
Barbarians 6
Rocket 6

Hut keeps the pressure on, rocket can end a sudden death, but if you have a X-bow that is usually better.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
In 5, I see a lot of hog rider + prince combos. If you drop it right after the opponent spends on the other side, it can drop a tower really quickly.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I use the rocket a lot myself. Always throws the enemy off when you switch to the other side when you have one of their towers below 350ish. I have tried to use the wizard, but he kinda seems like dogshit. Maybe I just need to level him up more.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just hit arena 4. Pretty fun game to kill 3-4 minutes at a time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Holding steady at arena 6, no cash spent.
Goblin Hut 5
Skeleton Army 2
Prince 2
Minion Horde 7
Goblins spears 7
Barbarians 7
Musketeer 4
Rocket 4

I switch Skeleton army for Wizard 2 if I see a streak of arrows/fireballs

Strat is spam emotes at start forcing them to reply as they do send goblins to the front line and do some chip damage. I then play defense until I can either get a prince/barbarian or barbarian/musketeer out to bring tower down below 400. I then play hut on the north side of my main tower one pixel opposite of damage tower to chip the other down and go defensive again waiting for moment to take final tower or rocket down a tower at last second for the win.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Trying out your strat. It works pretty well for people who don't have AOE clear (or when you get them to blow it and then combo wombo).

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Holding steady at arena 6, no cash spent.
Goblin Hut 5
Skeleton Army 2
Prince 2
Minion Horde 7
Goblins spears 7
Barbarians 7
Musketeer 4
Rocket 4

I switch Skeleton army for Wizard 2 if I see a streak of arrows/fireballs

Strat is spam emotes at start forcing them to reply as they do send goblins to the front line and do some chip damage. I then play defense until I can either get a prince/barbarian or barbarian/musketeer out to bring tower down below 400. I then play hut on the north side of my main tower one pixel opposite of damage tower to chip the other down and go defensive again waiting for moment to take final tower or rocket down a tower at last second for the win.
Lol at your spam emotes thingie. I generally use giant / pekka or giant hog with spear gobs musket mini pekka or knight bomber arrows minions.

Generally ill throw the giant way back so i can build musket/bomber behind him or if im super lucky and they take too long to placea unit I can get pekka behind the giant and wait to arrow the minion horde.

Sitting right around 1725 with 1787 my highest. Have elixir collector and mortar, but have no place to put them.

Really hoping to get freeze and ice wiz (though getting a legendary as f2p is slim). Games fun but i doubt ill ever progress to legendary arena. Maybe another few weeks ill make it to Royal, get my 3 musketeera, and quit. Lol