Clash Royale

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Anyone still playing this? Im not as addicted as I used to be, growing a bit stale, but sitting at 2998 trophies currently. Been rocking a miner cycle deck and its pretty fun. (Cheesy and OPish but whatever)

Waiting for them to add more content and fix tournaments, but other than that, figured the game deserved a thread here at least

After tanking down to arena 6 from experimenting, I managed to find a 3.8 elixir miner deck and started climbing again (currently 2200-ish). I'm curious to see what you're using.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Miner ice wiz cannon zap gobs mini pekka fire spirits guards. Sometimes i swap ice wiz out for minions for an extra troop to tank for miner.

I only really lose to good trifecta decks (hog valk musk) and rg decks( if they take a tower im dead). Firespirits zap quick drop works wonders against 3musk decks unless i fuck up or they out lvl me. All cards are tournament standard but lvl 10 zap and tower level 10.

2.8 avg elixir and very fast paced. Zap and fire spirits work wonders for mini pekka pushes and cannon is enough for giant / hog distraction.

Finally broke into legendary and am retiring from ladder matches until more content comes and they fix tournaments. Still opening free chests, donating, and requesting though. I plan to.buy the Lumberjack if he ever appears in the shop for me......though he isnt rated great currently, looks fun to mess around with. Plus i forsee him and the log getting buffed eventually.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I'm just about done with this now...After you hit 3k almost 95% of your matches are identical...Sparky + crap. They need something new...Bored.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm just about done with this now...After you hit 3k almost 95% of your matches are identical...Sparky + crap. They need something new...Bored.

I agree I'm content staying at 3000 trophies and waiting to see what they come out with next although Sparky decks are pretty easy to counter for me with zap fire spirits and cheap units if I need them

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Update coming tomorrow with balance changes.

Looks like the epic / legendary chests are there to get money from f2pers, though its a decent deal for 5$ you get a random leggy from ANY arena.

This whole 1 card released every 2 weeks is some bullshit though. Im guessing its so they can bleed more money from the whales who spend thousands, along with a way to stall while they figure out the next huge update.

I want free casual matches and/or a way to adjust training camp difficulty/decks. Also was expecting items to buy with legendary trophies, and more incentive to climb beyond 3k. They failed on that end......i dont think i can wait much more for them to get their shit together. Such a great game, but loses a lot of points due to all of the p2w time sinks. (Gold / gems / chest timers / etc).

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did they ever add "concede" button to this game? The big problem was it was a chore to tank your rating. There is zero reason to be fighting at your "true skill rank" in this game unless you are a whale going for the top of the charts.

In Clash of Clans you could do it easily. Not sure why they didn't add it to this game ...

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever add "concede" button to this game? The big problem was it was a chore to tank your rating. There is zero reason to be fighting at your "true skill rank" in this game unless you are a whale going for the top of the charts.

In Clash of Clans you could do it easily. Not sure why they didn't add it to this game ...
I haven't played in months, but they made changes to the reward system such that tanking your rating wasn't beneficial. Staying near the bottom of your bracket would be, but you would still have a wide range of rating that would provide optimal time/effort/reward ratios.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Just joined back up. First game some dude is throwing down shit I've never seen and is emoting over and over. Giant, gobs, knight, game over. I took the high road and didnt emote back

Citz

Silver Squire
They have been adding new cards every two weeks which help changing the meta (lately, it's been the elite barbs).

Usually, that's the first thing I do when I join a game is to mute emotes. Too many people spamming that shit.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They have been adding new cards every two weeks which help changing the meta (lately, it's been the elite barbs).

Usually, that's the first thing I do when I join a game is to mute emotes. Too many people spamming that shit.

You can mute emotes?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I hit the pay to win wall again, zero chance to beat a rank 10 with maxed out everything at rank 9.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yea i have all the cards......kinda took a break but continue donating. Lvl 11 at 3358 trophies, with a trifecta deck.

(Princess miner ice wiz mega minion mini pekka fire spirits goblins zap)

Im about 4 wins to every loss, but im lucky if i play 1 match a week. I think deck diversity is decent, but I just burned myself out on this. I could easily hit 4k if I played more (lvl 11 commons / 8 rares / 2 legendary) but I cant seem to get myself motivated. Maybe after the next update Ill come back and kick ass again......who knows ?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yea i have all the cards......kinda took a break but continue donating. Lvl 11 at 3358 trophies, with a trifecta deck.

(Princess miner ice wiz mega minion mini pekka fire spirits goblins zap)

Im about 4 wins to every loss, but im lucky if i play 1 match a week. I think deck diversity is decent, but I just burned myself out on this. I could easily hit 4k if I played more (lvl 11 commons / 8 rares / 2 legendary) but I cant seem to get myself motivated. Maybe after the next update Ill come back and kick ass again......who knows ?
Yeah I am burning out. This clan chest thing was a good idea for them to keep people involved though.

I reached ~3600 and wondered what I was doing. I probably could have grinded to 4k but why? No way I could maintain that for very long as F2P.

Elminage

N00b
Burned out as well in the mid-3000s. Used to play for an hour every day, haven't played in weeks. It's still doing really well on the top-grossing charts though.