Clash Royale

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have found wizard to be shit and I switched skeleton army for arrows full time, it is just a better counter against most decks that include minion hoard and skeleton army. If you read the field right you can loose arrows before they drop the minion hoard on your barbarians or prince killing them before the do any damage.

The emote spam is real!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I've found there is definite value to use of collision detection to counter Hog Riders and even Skeleton Giant / Giant. There is ALSO a significant advantage to playing at certain times of the day versus others. I've found that trying to play during East Asia primetime is about as effective as slamming a hammer into my nuts, whereas if I play a bunch of games during Euro primetime I can make out like a bandit even with less than uber strategy.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I too have noticed a major skill discrepancy at different times of day. I'm too old to have a high apm so I guess I need to research what local time is for east Asia prime time.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok just started, half way through the tutorial but very smoothly put together app and like the old Warcraft 3 custom games.

Is there a clan we are all joining?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I've deleted this off my ipad. Losing an arena rank just makes me rage.

I did a little research on Reddit and learned about how if you play more than a few games in a row you will keep getting matched against higher and higher level opponents, even if you are in a losing streak. No thanks. Deleted~

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a clan with a decent number of friends in it - feel free to join.

Clan: Hogan's Heroes
Clan Tag: #CQ9UU2

Just lowered trophy requirement in case some of you are new and want in.
Hey just signed up, name is Kaiser Chris.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I've deleted this off my ipad. Losing an arena rank just makes me rage.

I did a little research on Reddit and learned about how if you play more than a few games in a row you will keep getting matched against higher and higher level opponents, even if you are in a losing streak. No thanks. Deleted~
im in the same boat. fun for a while, but the meta turns me off and the asians are just... wow.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow I'm really enjoying this game. Getting the itch to buy some gold even which I usually never do until months in.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
2200ish trophies......all cards but the legendaries. Wish they were less rare, the Miner / Sparky they added seem real cool. The problem is, I'd never be able to level it up even if I got one. Doubt a lvl 1 Legendary will do much vs the p2w streamers that have maxed cards. Still love the game, just wish it was fairer for us f2pers. (Which will never happen)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At the end of the day it's a business model. F2pers are content for the people that are paying. If they make it so f2p is competitive at all levels of play then nobody would pay.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Very true......and I get that. But the amount of $$ needed to max out is insanely high. Fuck spending thousands of dollars to compete. My goal is getting to legendary arena then ill just check in every major update to see what they add/balance.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Been stuck at 1100 all week, anyone got a good deck?

I'm at pekkas playhouse and lv7. Was the same rank at lv5 ffs!

Got lv2 skeleton army and lv1 giant skeleton, haste spell and baby dragon for epics.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've found that it's pretty important to have at least 1 (I currently use 2) units that focus buildings and throw DPS behind them when your opponent counters. It's too easy for the enemy to put units in the way to defend their structures if your attacking units don't rush straight for the buildings. I'm level 8 now and still use the Prince epic card because uncontested he can take down a building on his own. Obviously that doesn't happen often, but if the other guy is stupid enough to drop all his elixir in the other lane it's an easy W.

Edit: As an aside, I think the haste card only really works if you've got a swarm deck or a giant and cheap cards (goblins, etc) to throw behind him that the enemy can't reach. In my experience it's a higher skill ceiling deck and perhaps requires an inexperienced/unprepared opponent.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Got my 2nd magical chest last night and got the Princess. She's completely OP for arena 7. Without her, my deck was

Giant
Pekka
Elixir collector
Mini pekka
Musketeer
Spear gobs
Arrows
Bomber

I play the giant way back and start a push behind him while trying to place an Elixir collector behind my towers. If they dont rocket or fireball it, I wait til i have the elixir to place the pekka behind the giant along with bomber/musketeer and have arrows ready to take out minion horde.

Swapped princess in for spear gobs and my deck is doing rly well especially with her range, she can literally splash kill gobs and such from the opposite lane. But i hit 2200 trophies before I finally got her. Ymmv

Edit: mini pekka takes out the hog so i generally save him for hog and if theyre running hog/freeze i usually have bomber or musket able to play soon after he freezes. I only play mini pekka on offense if i know he can take a tower. He also counters skeleton king for a nice advantage as well.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've been up and down 1300 through 1700. I can't find a decent deck that is stable. I can't get an elixir gen so half the decks I want to make aren't good.

Been playing bomb tower and hogger d cks.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Got my 2nd magical chest last night and got the Princess. She's completely OP for arena 7. Without her, my deck was

Giant
Pekka
Elixir collector
Mini pekka
Musketeer
Spear gobs
Arrows
Bomber

I play the giant way back and start a push behind him while trying to place an Elixir collector behind my towers. If they dont rocket or fireball it, I wait til i have the elixir to place the pekka behind the giant along with bomber/musketeer and have arrows ready to take out minion horde.

Swapped princess in for spear gobs and my deck is doing rly well especially with her range, she can literally splash kill gobs and such from the opposite lane. But i hit 2200 trophies before I finally got her. Ymmv

Edit: mini pekka takes out the hog so i generally save him for hog and if theyre running hog/freeze i usually have bomber or musket able to play soon after he freezes. I only play mini pekka on offense if i know he can take a tower. He also counters skeleton king for a nice advantage as well.
It is very difficult to get past rank 2800 without a princess, or a ice wizard...It kind of pisses me off (I have not RNG'd one yet).

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
It is very difficult to get past rank 2800 without a princess, or a ice wizard...It kind of pisses me off (I have not RNG'd one yet).
I can imagine......i was struggling just to maintain 2100+......princess definitely OP but a lot of the arena 8 matches i watch have level 3+ princesses, so if I ever make it that far, im screwed. My commons are 8, rares 5 or 6, epics mostly 2 (pekka is 3 though). I cant see myself getting a 2nd princess card for months if that.

Got a couple accounts and just doing F2P with some Clash of Clans buddies. This is the biggest P2W scam ever, but can be fun just doing F2P. Biggest advice:

- Similar to CoC, your "optimal farm zone" is the lowest end, of the highest arena, where you can reliably log on, win 4 games, and collect your 10 daily crowns.

- This involves tanking your rating intentionally by throwing matches. Just do this whenever you log in to open chests, request cards, etc.

- So, for example, if you are getting a lot of ties or 1 crown wins around 1600-1700, then tank your rating back down to 1400 which is the lowest Arena 5.

So yeah, unless you are pushing to the next Arena, there is zero reason to be fighting at "your true trophy rank" given your skill/deck. Tank your rating for easy farming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sadly I'm floating between 2200 and 2300. I could tank down to 2000 but there doesn't seem to be much of a skill difference between 2000 and 2300, just different decks.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Sadly I'm floating between 2200 and 2300. I could tank down to 2000 but there doesn't seem to be much of a skill difference between 2000 and 2300, just different decks.
Agreed....im at 2281 currently and i dont think dropping to 2k would make much difference :/