Cobra Kai

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It is a hyper-exaggerated continuation of the franchise, but at least it's made with respect to the originals

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It is a hyper-exaggerated continuation of the franchise, but at least it's made with respect to the originals
Is it really hyper-exaggerated?
Or is it that it seems that way compared to everything surrounding it in current year?

I think this show would fit right in, back in the 80s.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is it really hyper-exaggerated?
Or is it that it seems that way compared to everything surrounding it in current year?

I think this show would fit right in, back in the 80s.

Compare it to the originals and yes. Whilst there were finishing moves, the series has kids with mohicans somersaulting off tables etc. And weirdo adult students hanging round with high schoolers

Admittedly some of the contrast between the kids in CK is that effect where everyone in the past looks older than same ages today

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Compare it to the originals and yes. Whilst there were finishing moves, the series has kids with mohicans somersaulting off tables etc. And weirdo adult students hanging round with high schoolers

Admittedly some of the contrast between the kids in CK is that effect where everyone in the past looks older than same ages today
I guess it depends on the movie?
Take Karate Kid 3 for example, they even mock it in the tv show as being way over the top.
Something along the lines of Terry Silver explaining what he did in the movie and going on to say how crazy it sounds when he says it out loud.

Still, I don't think the tv show steers too far from the original movie.
Mr Myagi beats up a bunch of kids too.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I guess it depends on the movie?
Take Karate Kid 3 for example, they even mock it in the tv show as being way over the top.
Something along the lines of Terry Silver explaining what he did in the movie and going on to say how crazy it sounds when he says it out loud.

Still, I don't think the tv show steers too far from the original movie.
Mr Myagi beats up a bunch of kids too.

I already cited the finishing moves as the sole exception to a largely grounded in reality setting, so no need to re mention them.

If you can't see the level of wackiness and absurdity is several notches higher then I can't help you.

It may be self referential - doesn't his wife reference how stupid it is for all these adults to still hold grudges, but absurdity is still absurdity whether you acknowledge it or not

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It may be self referential - doesn't his wife reference how stupid it is for all these adults to still hold grudges, but absurdity is still absurdity whether you acknowledge it or not
100%, she show is pretty self aware.

Outside of that... lets agree to disagree.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it's just one episode? WHERE ARE THE REST DAMMIT

Edit: Nevermind, now the rest are showing up. PHEW.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Looks like it's just one episode? WHERE ARE THE REST DAMMIT

Edit: Nevermind, now the rest are showing up. PHEW.
t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

Only watched one yet... and already Karate is solving all kinds of problems.
Love it!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show never ceases to amaze me at just how ridiculous it can get. 6 episodes in, and still so great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
I didn't even watch last season but I feel like I've missed almost nothing. We are still doing the same shit, relationship drama and redemption arcs.

BUT: every Johnny scene steals the show. La Russo has been a dumbass for all 5 seasons, but Johnny? He's going full character growth super saiyan from day 1. He must have the best writer doing his shit, probably some comedian back there while the other writers are regurgitating story lines. I feel like I can fast forward thru any scene he's not in and it would be an A+ show. The new guy who fights 5 guys at once is cool too tho.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
La Russo has been a dumbass for all 5 seasons,

Yeah Daniel is an idiot, which is kinda annoying because he's still the impulsive teenager he was in the originals. Which means all the training didn't really make a difference apart from surface level stuff

His wife though seems to have got hotter

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Daniel is an idiot, which is kinda annoying because he's still the impulsive teenager he was in the originals. Which means all the training didn't really make a difference apart from surface level stuff

His wife though seems to have got hotter
So your saying she's a real dog?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show was already ridiculous. But it really jumped the shark for the season finale hah.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did Carmen lose weight? She's looking really skinny but smoking hot

Just finished S5. I feel like both Daniel's wife and Carmen got hotter in this season. Especially the wife. Noticed this in the scene where she was in the bar (not the club, though that too). Not sure what it is but she's a smokeshow now.

This show was already ridiculous. But it really jumped the shark for the season finale hah.

Just watched the season finale and it contained a bunch of stuff that I didn't expect to happen until like S6 or S7.

Other than that, why'd it jump the shark?

I theorized back in S4 that the show would go to 7 seasons and the 7th would have a third, super-big tournament. Looks like that's almost definitely the direction it's going in now. I'm just surprised that what I thought would be the villains in that tournament are already out of the picture. This almost felt like a series finale, except that one last scene.

Trying to figure out where it can go from here. Maybe that Korean "higher power" uber-master who taught Kreese and Silver and is the dad (grand-dad?) of that one woman.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I agree that this feels like a series finale. They left it open just enough for a movie, but honestly the series could end here and I'd be content.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just realized that

The guard at the prison clearly checked Kreese's pulse after he got "shanked"

So the ending doesn't actually make any sense.

And what was even the point of all of the "world martial arts tournament" stuff if one of the two schools wasn't even gonna last long enough to go there? Especially if the show ends here and it isn't happening at all.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I definitely thought Daniel's wife looked better this season, but didn't notice anything special about Carmen. Tory, on the other hand...whoever does wardrobe for this show deserves an Emmy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users