Coco (2017)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Like Christianity has done to many pagan traditions, modern Dia de los Muertos was co-opted by the Spanish post-colonization of Mexico. It existed in central and south Mexico before Christianity arrived.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this tonight and I really enjoyed it. My 6 year old daughter, on the other hand, cried the ENTIRE fucking movie. Not because she was scared or anything. Just because she was complaining that she was hungry and tired and wanted to be home.

I'm never taking her to a movie again. Pain in the ass. As a side note, as soon as the movie was over, she was saying how good it was, even though she wanted to leave the entire time.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Stop being a cheap ass and buy the kid some popcorn and a drink.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stop being a cheap ass and buy the kid some popcorn and a drink.

Isn't Xarp in Hawaii? Might be talking like $40 for a kid's pack with how expensive some stuff is over there.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought he was in Hawaii too but then he started talking about his loser friend somewhere in shitsville Ohio

• 1Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that's on you Xarp, you had 45 hours to buy her something during the Frozen SHorttttt.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Nah, she wanted to watch the frozen short. And being a responsible parent, I can't leave her in the theater alone, so that's no dice.

But yes, I'm in Hawaii. And she decided she wanted shaved ice (Japan's version of Rita's Water Ice... no where near as good) instead of movie food. So we got that as soon as it was over.

Siliconemelons

I go by threat of embarrassment - I would have dragged my kid out kicking and screaming letting everyone know that "SHE CANT STAND IT AND NEEDS FOOD NOW OR SHE WILL DIE SO WE ARE GOING TO GET FOOD" and of course a spanking if she also opted to keep throwing a damn fit for no reason.

So far we are 2 movies in at the theater and both girls don't complain a bit :)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Movie theaters got a memo from disney today apparently telling them to remove the Frozen short before coco starting 12/7 haha

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
"So people hate having to sit through 20 extra minutes of filler before the movie starts? Hmm ... well only run it for another week then."

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Man oh man I've only ever cried during one movie in my lifetime, but the end of this is probably the next closest I've come to shedding a tear. This was a damn, damn good movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Took my kids, they both loved it and I had a great time. Really well done.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Disney removed the horrible olaf short this week.

Thank goodness. I knew it was supposed to be either last week or this week. Honestly, Coco would have probably been 98-100 on RT if the audience didn't have to start out with a 30+ min "short". Honestly, I would have been completely fine if they would have kept it to their plan of making this a TV special but that before the movie business was just dumb.