College Basketball 2014-2015

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The Big 12 has a house of cards feel to it to me.

KU's great! OU beat KU! They're great to! Iowa State beat OU! They're awesome! Baylor beat ISU! No way! They must be awesome, too!

Round and round you go.. Then we'll see the collapse very shortly in the tournament that happens year after year.
The Big 12 collapses in the tournament every year? Maybe you're watching a lot more NCAA than I am, but I think Ritley is on to it. No one in the Big 12 is winning it all this year. That's not what I'm saying, but KU and ISU have just as good of a chance at the final 4 as any other 2 or 3 seed outside of Virginia.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The old AD, Mack and Barnes were all buddies and experienced huge success at Texas. The AD didn't want to go through coaching changes when he should have because his career was almost over. Football was allowed to completely rot from the inside so the rebuild is huge. Basketball is quick and easy to fix as long as they land the right coach though.
Man, the list of players I got to see live coming out of UT while at ISU was pretty nuts. LMA, DJ Augustine, Durant, PJ Tucker, Boobie Gibson, Royal Ivey, TJ Ford. It was cool to see Durant for sure but out of that group I always thought TJ Ford was the most fun to watch. He reminded me a lot of Jamaal Tinsley. Guys with that absolute elite level court vision just don't come around very often and in college they always make other teams look silly.

Even your current team has two NBA players on it.

This game:

Feb 14, 2004 - Texas 77 at Iowa State 78 - RealGM NCAA Box Score

Was the most exciting sporting event I've ever seen in person. Mouton (who I seriously thought had an NBA career in front of him) missed a free throw that would have tied the game with a second on the clock. Lots of exciting games in Ames but that was the loudest I ever got to see.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
He'll be back at Iowa St in 5 years when he gets fired in the NBA(everyone gets fired in the NBA). At that point, he'll have sowed his wild oats as an NBA coach and he'll settle in to coach his alma-mater for the long-term.

It's not like he's going to be able to stop Derrick Rose from getting hurt CONSTANTLY and actually win a title in Chicago, he wont last there IMHO(no one would)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He is in the East, not a lot between him and the conference finals every year.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
He was going to jump at some point I just was hoping it wouldn't be for a few more years. You can't blame him here though. The Bulls aren't a bad team so it won't be a situation where a college coach takes over a rebuilding team and flames out (Tim Floyd, Patino, etc). It's too good of an opportunity to pass on.

It just sucks as an ISU fan as he quickly turned us from a once every few years tournament team to a contender for the conference every year. Have to go back to Tim Floyd in the early 00s since that was true. He could have built a hell of a legacy in Ames if he wanted to, but like I said above, you can't blame him.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
What's Larry Eustachy up to? Don't call it a comeback...
I know this was just a joke but he's honestly done ok at the smaller schools he's coached at after ISU. For us he kind of just followed through with the teams Tim Floyd had built and had success there. Once it came time to pay for recruits he didn't have as great of a track record.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
2015 NBA Draft Picks by conference

both 1st and 2nd round picks:

SEC - 10
ACC - 10
PAC12- 7
B10 - 5
B12 - 2