College Basketball 2014-2015

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The overall #1 designation is meaningless most years. It suffers from the committee's lack of ability to properly evaluate teams and all of the agenda driven bullshit in their process. I remember several years ago (2010 I believe) when Kansas was the overall #1 and had lost 3 games that year. The committee put all three of those teams in their quarter of the bracket. Outside of getting to say "We're #1" what is the point of the designation if the committee is gonna pull shit like that?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
True, the ncaa tournament is a total crapshoot. I think only one or twice in the past 20 years has the top #1 seed won it all, although Kentucky did ita couple years ago
Louisville did it in 2013 also. They were the #1 overall and went on to win it all. UK in 2012 was the #1 overall also

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Kentucky-KU-Notre Dame-Maryland as 1-2-3-4 in Midwest bracket.

I see it ending up ND vs Kentucky.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow, Cincy with an 8 seed. We manage to make it past Purdue and we'll likely play UK.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok im outta town working ritley or joe create thread and set the ESPN tourney up.

Doing hams work 3 years in a row now. Get diebeetus and crash your bike already.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
And as predicted by the basketball community, Dawgs are going to the dance. Look at the bright side Joeboo, this extends your Guinness World Record streak of "being wrong about sports" to 2173. You're like the Cal Ripken of being wrong about sports.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Kansas as a #2 is laugh-worthy. So much overseeding within the Big 12

Texas and UCLA getting in is a fucking travesty. UCLA's "building steam" and "passing the eye" test is hilarious. Their end of the season were pretty much all losses to schools that are of any meaning.

Virginia should have been a #1 seed over shitty Wisconsin.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I agree that they aren't a very strong 2 seed, but who else would you put there? Norte Dame? Louisville? UNC? The field isn't very strong.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Maryland? Now you are fucking trolling.

And didn't you just say that the big 12 is over seeded? How is swapping 2 of them going to change that.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Maryland? Now you are fucking trolling.

And didn't you just say that the big 12 is over seeded? How is swapping 2 of them going to change that.
Iowa St. has beat KU twice. Maryland would be a stretch, I agree thinking about it.

Louisville got a better seed than I thought. I was guessing them to be a #5 seed. No idea how the hell a game in Seattle, WA fits within the "East Region" however...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Iowa St. has beat KU twice. Maryland would be a stretch, I agree thinking about it.

Louisville got a better seed than I thought. I was guessing them to be a #5 seed. No idea how the hell a game in Seattle, WA fits within the "East Region" however...
I don't think head to head should matter at all when determining seeds between 2 teams, just look at the overall resume.

Although I bet KU is wishing they were a 3 seed in a different side of the bracket anyways

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kansas as a #2 is laugh-worthy. So much overseeding within the Big 12

Texas and UCLA getting in is a fucking travesty. UCLA's "building steam" and "passing the eye" test is hilarious. Their end of the season were pretty much all losses to schools that are of any meaning.

Virginia should have been a #1 seed over shitty Wisconsin.
I agree. Not sure why they let Texas in. Not a fan, I really want the Rick Barnes era to end.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty disappointed MSU got a 7 seed, but I don't know that they really deserve anything better. Struggled to stay consistent whatsoever. Uva is a tough second round opponent, but I think with them losing a really good player they're not quite what people think they are. If MSU makes it past Georgia, they'll be playing with house money anyway. If they can get by Uva, the F4 is in play. I think they've got the weakest bracket.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And as predicted by the basketball community, Dawgs are going to the dance. Look at the bright side Joeboo, this extends your Guinness World Record streak of "being wrong about sports" to 2173. You're like the Cal Ripken of being wrong about sports.
I was slightly off about Georgia, I'll admit it. They only had to win 1 game in the SEC tournament, not 2 to get in. I thought they would have to get to the SEC title game(and lose) to get in, but they only had to get to the Semi-final to make it in as one of the final bubble teams.

The Georgia vs Mich St game is funny, probably the two most overrated teams this year in the major conferences, and the NCAA matches them up in the first round. Georgia went 0-5 against top-25 teams, yes, not a single win against a top 25 team(and didnt play a single team in the 26-50 range to get a win there either, zero top 50 wins overall), and Michigan State went 1-6 against the top 25, not getting their first top 25 win until the Big 10 tournament when they beat Maryland. Easily the 2 worst records against the top 50 of any Power-5 schools to make the tournament.

Heck, everyone's arguing that UCLA shouldn't have made the field, and they were at least 2-9 against the top 50, better than Georgia, unless someone wants to argue that 0-5 > 2-9 because it's less losses or something...

As for the SEC as a whole though, I don't see them getting a single team past the first weekend other than Kentucky, but then again if Kentucky wins it all the conference ends up looking pretty good, lol.

And bring on the kansas vs Wichita St game in the 2nd round, you can't tell me that wasn't intentional form the committee