LSU 79
Arkansas 85
Ole miss 90
Texas AM 101
Florida 113
Alabama 116
Mississippi state 120
Vandy 122

I don't really have a horse in this race but those are the rankings. Outside of Missouri and Tennessee the OOC is pretty atrocious. Florida hasnt left the state of Florida for a non con game since 91 lol.
The SoS rankings is such bullshit. Mizz U has such a high ranking yet look at their ooc. How the fuck is that ranked 13th.

South Dakota State
Toledo
UCF
Indiana.

Just to compare the list I saw shows Georgia at 40. Even playing two highschool teams I would rank this much higher than Mizz U's SoS.
Clemson
Troy
Charleston Southern
Georgia Tech

Take out SDS and then Charleston Southern there is no comparison between the two. UCF was ok, but fuck Clemson and Georgia Tech? How does UCF and Indiana rank higher in SoS than those two?

Pre season SOS. So in other words rated on how their opponents did the previous year. Or what type of teams were scheduled. I didn't search for a current OOC SOS because that isn't relevant to the discussion. But yah Georgia's is higher in retrospect, teams don't schedule in retrospect though.

In the spirit of fairness here is the Big Tens non con rankings as well

Minnesota 22
Ohio State 23
Iowa 25
Indiana 28
Nebraska 33
Illinois 42
Wisconsin 46
Northwestern 49
Rutgers 58
Maryland 67
Michigan State 82
Purdue 86
Michigan 87
Penn State 91

So not that great either but the majority of the programs are clustered in the 20's to 50's and none break 100. Whereas the mighty SEC has large groupings between fifty and 100 and multiple programs in the 100's.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The SoS rankings is such bullshit. Mizz U has such a high ranking yet look at their ooc. How the fuck is that ranked 13th.

South Dakota State
Toledo
UCF
Indiana.

Just to compare the list I saw shows Georgia at 40. Even playing two highschool teams I would rank this much higher than Mizz U's SoS.
Clemson
Troy
Charleston Southern
Georgia Tech

Take out SDS and then Charleston Southern there is no comparison between the two. UCF was ok, but fuck Clemson and Georgia Tech? How does UCF and Indiana rank higher in SoS than those two?
That is actually a headscratcher as to why Mizz has a better ranking than Georgia. Looking over the non-conf sos list, some of these are jacked up in genera. Lets take my team (Louisville) and compare it...

Louisville (105)
- Murray State
- FIU
- Notre Dame
- Kentucky

Minnesota (22)
- Eastern Illinois
- Middle Tenn.
- TCU
- San Jose State

They are pretty equal in terms of good and bad teams, but such a HUGE disparity in rankings? Seems the SOS calculation are fucked up in general. Georgia's SOS should be above Mizz and Minnesota with a schedule like that.

How the hell is Texas #1?
- North Texas
- BYU
- UCLA (Arlington)

SMU #2 (easily has the #1 OOC SOS by a wide margin)
- @ Baylor
- North texas
- Texas A&M
- TCU

They would be now. Like I said before these are the pre season non con SoS rankings. Gtech was shit last year with a bowl game loss, Charleston and troy were bad as well. UCF and Clemson cancel each other out with great records and Big bowl wins, but SDS and Toledo were much stronger relative to Georgia's two real cupcakes.

Edit: In the Texas case I believe its becuase they don't have a third non con game and didn't schedule a true cupcake. Any of the pac 12 or big 12 teams that did schedule a true cupcake with only three non con games got hammered in these rankings.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
They would be now. Like I said before these are the pre season non con SoS rankings. Gtech was shit last year with a bowl game loss, Charleston and troy were bad as well. UCF and Clemson cancel each other out with great records and Big bowl wins, but SDS and Toledo were much stronger relative to Georgia's two real cupcakes.

Edit: In the Texas case I believe its becuase they don't have a third non con game and didn't schedule a true cupcake. Any of the pac 12 or big 12 teams that did schedule a true cupcake with only three non con games got hammered in these rankings.
I think just counting only SMU's Baylor, TCU, and Texas A&M in itself would be the #1 SOS in the nation. No one even really gets close from what I am seeing

EDIT: I am curious if they consider travel distance for these SOS?

I don't think the UCLA Bruins at a neutral site are considered a cupcake. North Texas is borderline but iirc they won a bowl game last year. TCU was 4-8 last year.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I don't think the UCLA Bruins at a neutral site are considered a cupcake. North Texas is borderline but iirc they won a bowl game last year
I don't know what I was thinking regarding UCLA. Wow... I need to lay off the booze.... I didn't equate UCLA to UCLA (Bruins) for some odd reason. And to think, I just watched them...

I don't know what I was thinking regarding UCLA. Wow... I need to lay off the booze.... I didn't equate UCLA to UCLA (Bruins) for some odd reason. And to think, I just watched them...
Happens to all of us. I think they do factor in travel distance, home or away, and neutral site helps as well. To answer your edit from a couple of posts back.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
This is a bad combination. But they have copied the Oregon model of barbie dress up for every game. Sometimes it works...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's a bit bias since we play fucking FSU every year which traditionally is a massive game as it was all the 90s early 2000s and the last couple of years. Especially if it's pre season number 1.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
dont need personal insults just because I dont post here every week. They don't "only" play quality out of conference in bowl game.
If you don't want your feelings hurt, don't come in here posting that hyperbolic nonsense. We have enough Dumars.

That being said, it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. There is hope for you yet.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a bit bias since we play fucking FSU every year which traditionally is a massive game as it was all the 90s early 2000s and the last couple of years. Especially if it's pre season number 1.
Florida routinely plays one of the hardest schedules of all the SEC teams. FSU and draws LSU every single year.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Largest comeback win in bowl history folks.

01+Houston.jpg

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I think we're going to sign 42 players again this season somehow. I'd like to thank Chief for bailing on LSU so we got our last two priority instate targets. Butch says fuck yo numbers.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
in most SOS figures, FCS(formerly Div 1-AA) games aren't even considered. Thats the only reason Mizzou is ranked so highly, our 3 other games were decent. Toledo was 8-4 and went to a bowl, UCF was 9-4 and went to a bowl, and Indiana, well, at least they are a big conference team. Under the way most SOS formulas are figured, they just rank all the D1 teams 1-122 or whatever, so playing the 120th ranked D1/FBS school hurts you, whereas playing an FCS team(which is presumably even easier) isn't even considered.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
in most SOS figures, FCS(formerly Div 1-AA) games aren't even considered. Thats the only reason Mizzou is ranked so highly, our 3 other games were decent. Toledo was 8-4 and went to a bowl, UCF was 9-4 and went to a bowl, and Indiana, well, at least they are a big conference team. Under the way most SOS formulas are figured, they just rank all the D1 teams 1-122 or whatever, so playing the 120th ranked D1/FBS school hurts you, whereas playing an FCS team(which is presumably even easier) isn't even considered.
Georgia and Mizz both played 3 FBS and 1 FCS though. I suspect it was due to UCF having a good year last year while GT was mediocre. Remember, these are preseason SOS