College Football 2014-15

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah just what the buzz is - Thompson is an elite recruiter in his own right.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
It's looking like Cardale Jones is going to enter the draft this year. Get money as an NFL backup or possibly be the backup for OSU again. Seems like a simple choice to me.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's looking like Cardale Jones is going to enter the draft this year. Get money as an NFL backup or possibly be the backup for OSU again. Seems like a simple choice to me.
Barnwell and Mayes on the grantland podcast made a good point. Since OSU does not run an NFL offense....why would he stick around and waste a year learning more of a system he wont use? And maybe be a backup.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Color me shocked that the guy who once tweeted "Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS," as a freshman, doesn't want to stay in school a second longer than he has to.

Go get your money while you can, and hopefully you know someone smart enough to help you plan for your future so you aren't broke and homeless by age 30.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Kid has a hell of an arm and some good speed, but he also had one hellof a crew on offense to protect him but also to throw/handoff to. Any NFL team that picks this kid up before round 5 is stupid.. He has the tangibles (arm, speed, size), but we've yet to even see if he has the intelligence and etc to even play pro-ball?

I'd pick him up as an undrafted player, nothing more...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'd assume he's much closer to being the next JaMarcus Russell at this point than the next Daunte Culpepper

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'd take him in round 3. Obvious NFL potential, still young, and you'd never get him that low if he played another season.

He probably goes in round two.

Volgasm this morning: We're so confident in our 2015 class already we showed up at the #1 tight end in 2016's house at 6 AM this morning the second the dead period ended and stole him from VA Tech. Muahahahahaa. Anyone who says we can't recruit with anyone when we have a competent head coach is a crazy person.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Not to split hairs but he i is ranked #1 in Washington DC. For rankings they consider that a state. So he is number 1 out of 19 people that are ranked there. Most boards rate him as a 4 or 3 star. I think most rankings are a hit or miss. Sorry to bust your bubble thinking you got the number 1 TE in the country. Looks like a solid player tho.

That he just made a huge mistake if he doesn't start next year. Because you don't get any better then winning three ring earning games in a row and go back to sitting if you want to improve your draft stock. If he doesn't start next year and gets the start his senior year then he'll be 25 going in to his first nfl season. Not a smart move.

Why did he need a press conference to announce he was staying anyway.

Kellim

I thought the press conference was a deliberate trolling of the media.

Given that he's already a much better overall QB than Miller is and neither Miller nor Barrett will be ready for spring practice, I'd imagine that Meyer basically said the job is his to lose.

It definitely seems like a high risk, high reward scenario for him and I really hope it turns out that he made the best long term decision.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
The press conf was because his HS mentor (Ted Ginn jr's Dad) wanted him to do it there so the inner city kids could see him choosing his education (seriously). He comes from a very shit place. Major props to him for doing that.

There'll be a qb competition. It's no one's to lose yet. Barrett will probably win.

Kellim

Yeah, I did see today that Jones was going to have the SID at OSU tweet his decision to stay, but Ginn Sr wanted to turn it into a positive stay in school message, so props to Jones indeed.

Given that Jones started the last three games and will be taking all the first team reps in Spring, I'd still say that the job is his to lose.

The only sure thing is that Miller will not be the starting QB, I just hope that he's willing to embrace reality and achieve his destiny as Super Harvin.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Comparing Braxton to Harvin is a goddamn insult. Harvin was the most untackleable motherfucker I've ever seen in college.

Kellim

To be fair, I didn't just compare them, I suggested that Miller has the potential to be a better version of Harvin given that he did play QB for three years.

Clearly, I'm biased, but at the same time, that means that I got to see Miller's running ability as a QB and think that it would translate exceedingly well to other positions. That having been said, I didn't see all (or even as many as a Volunteers fan would) of Harvin's games, so you might very well be right.

I just hope that we get to see on the field who has the better perspective.

Sterling

El Presidente
He's probably a better runner than Barry Sanders or Hershel Walker and can probably be a better receiver then Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald too.

Kellim

If you're going to go full retard, why don't you make the assertion that I'm saying Miller would surpass Woodson, Watts, and LT at their positions as well.

I said he was the third best QB on his team and made a point of comparing him to a player known for his ability to maximize his potential based upon his ability to keep defenses guessing by filling multiple roles.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I really wish Tedd Ginn would have been a better pro. Did shit all for the Dolphins, I think his best season there he had like 2 TDs receiving. Not nearly worth the top 10 draft pick that the Dolphins used on him