College Football 2014-15

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Lolololol.

One bowl season, where the SEC went 7-5, still third best behind CUSA and the PAC, and still ahead of every other conference, is suddenly going to change the fact that the SEC consistently has superior athlete because it consistently recruit superior high school players and develops them better due to a superior financial and institutional commitment to football? Can I have some of what you're smoking?

The SEC West shits the bed in the bowls and suddenly 15 years of empirical evidence goes right out the damn window. I swear you guys are living in a fantasy world.

And the fucking NFL draft is a crapshoot. Tre Mason was third on the depth chart the first 5 weeks. Mettenberger only played because Locker and clipboard Jesus got hurt. Guys playoff and super bowl winning teams take in the first two rounds usually step right in and start because it's those teams, the ones closer to winning it all, who tend to reach and fill needs.

Basically, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
The SEC will not win a title within the next 5 years. Mark it down.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The SEC will not win a title within the next 5 years. Mark it down.
Going back to World War 2 (68 years now), the SEC has 1 streak of 11 straight years without a title(81-91), 1 streak of 7 years without a title, and then no other streaks of more than 4 years.

So, for 50 out of 68 years, they've won one every 4 years or more frequently. 24 titles in 68 years. Basically 1 every 3 years on average. The SEC winning title's isn't a recent phenomenon.

I'd take that bet.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going back to World War 2 (68 years now), the SEC has 1 streak of 11 straight years without a title(81-91), 1 streak of 7 years without a title, and then no other streaks of more than 4 years.

So, for 50 out of 68 years, they've won one every 4 years or more frequently. 24 titles in 68 years. Basically 1 every 3 years on average. The SEC winning title's isn't a recent phenomenon.

I'd take that bet.
For the first time in history they have to actually earn it. Of course, the ESPN bullshit hype machine will make sure 2 SEC teams make it into the playoff next year.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
For the first time in history they have to actually earn it. Of course, the ESPN bullshit hype machine will make sure 2 SEC teams make it into the playoff next year.
This narrative is hilarious. The B10 was espns baby for the entirety of its existence. The SEC was also the #1 proponent of a playoff and a major reason it actually exists now.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This narrative is hilarious. The B10 was espns baby for the entirety of its existence. The SEC was also the #1 proponent of a playoff and a major reason it actually exists now.
Not sure what any of that has to do with ESPN paying billions for the SEC TV rights. But keep trying to convince all non-SEC homers that there isn't a ridiculous bias.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a bias because they won 7 titles in a row. There was no bias before that.
ts6JK.jpg

Yup, that is the reason for the current over the top bias.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Lol at the revisionism history, UF vs OSU, LSU vs OSU, UF vs OK, ALA vs TEX, AUB vs Oregon all those never happened?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They happened but they weren't real because the only reason the SEC was even in them was the bias. Catch up lendarios, bro, get with the times.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think #4 is a bit optimistic for USC for 2015 as instead of 50 scholarship players we'll now have just 62 or 63, we won't have a full 85 until 2017 at the earliest. I don't care about any bias as the SEC has our sanctions and Carroll blowing 1 stupid game a year to thank more than anything else in my mind but we're on the way back. Suck it bitches.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nd is that golden domer bias bullshit. Moreso than the SEC
Notre Dame bias is 10x worse than any SEC or any other school bias. Holy crap is it ridiculous. That ESPN preseason projection had Notre Dame at #12 after going 7-5 this year. That's ahead of every SEC school but like 2(Georgia and Bama). There no chance that at least 4-5 SEC schools dont finish ranked higher than Notre Dame. ND is a shitshow and it'll remain a shitshow. The only limited success they've had in recent years has been due to being able to custom-build 100% of their own schedule. That's why they're so resistant to join a conference, they wouldn't have that MASSIVE advantage over everyone else anymore.

Look, Notre Dame is decent. They should be bowl-eligible every year, but they aren't an elite-level team anymore. Put Army, Air Force, Purdue, and Wake Forrest on anyone else's schedule every single year in the name of "rivalries" and see how hard it is for most teams to get to 9 or 10 wins.

Yet here we are, every year, Notre Dame ranked in, or real near, the top 10. They've been a top 10 team once in the past 2 decades. They've only had less than 3 losses once in the past 20 years, even with that pud schedule.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Alabama getting ready to upgrade some assistants - really shocked LSU grabbed Steele as DC, though his recruiting skills are elite. Thompson supposedly was encouraged to seek other opportunities.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That's an interesting swing. I know he and Muschamp have history together though. Wonder what the divide inside Bama was to encourage him to leave.