College Football 2015-16

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Oh indeed. My buddy tried to get tickets to the game but missed out. Completely sold out!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it does show that they are d2 with the color coding, so yea.....you could say the same thing for Army/Navy being powerhouses in the leather helmet days. There's so much disputing of that shit too. Pitt claims like 9 national championships, crap awarded back in the day by publications like the Farmers Almanac etc. Its hilarious watching how some schools try to claim championships from Better Housekeeping....good job!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yale > everyone not called Michigan.
frown.png

With Harbaugh there now, ND and Texas could make a run at Michigan in this lifetime too!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Basically, out of the top 10 all-time winning schools from that link, the only 2 schools that have been trending upwards in recent years are Ohio St and Alabama. The other 8 are all trending downard, compared to their historical performance

Here's a much more relevant list

College footballs winningest teams over the past 10 years: RANKED! | For The Win

1. Boise State ? 113 wins
2. Ohio State ? 110 wins
3. Alabama ? 107 wins
4. Oregon ? 106 wins
5. LSU ? 103 wins
6. Oklahoma ? 101 wins
7. TCU ? 100 wins
8. USC ? 99 wins
9. Wisconsin ? 98 wins
10. Florida State ? 96 wins
10. Virginia Tech ? 96 wins
12. Florida ? 94 wins
12. Georgia ? 94 wins
12. Texas ? 94 wins
15. Missouri ? 91 wins
16. BYU ? 90 wins
17. Penn State ? 89 wins
17. Clemson ? 89 wins
19. Nebraska ? 88 wins
19. West Virginia ? 88 wins
21. Auburn ? 87 wins
21. Cincinnati ? 87 wins
23. Northern Illinois ? 86 wins
24. Michigan State ? 84 wins
24. South Carolina ? 84 wins
24. Utah ? 84 wins
24. Oklahoma State ? 84 wins

And here's a snapshot of just the last 5 years (2010-2014)
sclAioF.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is 10 years relevant? A handful of extraordinarily bad or good years has too much of an impact. It doesn't present an actual trend. Does anybody think a team like Baylor has any actual staying power? What are total wins of the BCS era?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The only year that matters is this one. The others is just stuff people talk about.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Les Miles went to the hospital and was released. The first story I read had a comment that said ESPN is reporting Les Miles passed away.

The next comment was spot on. Les Miles lives only because he doesn't believe in passing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ready to go, bitches! 2nd best day of the year eclipsed only by Saturday with full day of football!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How is 10 years relevant? A handful of extraordinarily bad or good years has too much of an impact. It doesn't present an actual trend. Does anybody think a team like Baylor has any actual staying power? What are total wins of the BCS era?
10 years is pretty important. And your dismissal of "CFB is about wins not players in the NFL" while technically true if your organization routinely pumps kids into the NFL your team can be pretty self recruiting. I'm in no way an OSU fan (hater, actually) but they can now just walk into any house of any 5* recruit and just say "Yeah -- we're OSU and we want you. BTW you'll be 3rd string" and the kidsstillsign up. Recruiting in this day of social media and constant exposure is a completely different playing field than 10 years ago. History is history and is dead to these kids. Why is 10 years important? Because that 17 year old 5* you're recruiting only remembers 10 years.

Tenks

Who do you have Michigan vs Utah tonight? For whatever reason I see Michigan pulling off the upset.

Tenks

But my boy Harbaugh is solid gold when it comes to his pressers. They play it all the time here in Columbus to rip on him but I find the dude hilarious since he is so fucking bad at public speaking.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I cheer for anyone playing Michigan, so I hope desperately they lose. As per protocol.

Muck Fichigan
^ this guy fucks

On a side note Randy Lann of the Cowboys will be cooking me a big fat steak tonight while watching the games. My favorite conference of the year.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jesus Christ Intrinsic I haven't seen you this pumped up in years.

BTW you still listening to 103.7 THE BUZZ son?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No, there was a lot of drama in town with sports radio. Someone bought 93.3 I think it was and the 'good' talent left 103.7 and also picked up Sports Talk with Bo. Then one morning mid broadcast 93.3 switched to contemporary christian music and the new sports channel was gone. Haven't gone back to 103.7 but honestly don't listen to much sports in football off season. I compress it all to binge for a couple of months.